Matt Parrino - "Claypool has been most consistent WR during OTAs"

I’m a Keon Coleman fan, I loved his highlight video more than most of the receivers coming out. With that said, Parrino also mentioned Jamarcus Ingram was holding his own with Coleman, even had the defensive sideline hooting and hollering. I wasn’t bothered when I heard Elam was getting the better of him on some reps, but now Jamarcus Ingram? Hmmm…

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 3
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Wouldn't it be nice though to get lucky if he turns his career around here?

I was bullish since we signed him just because it was so out of character for us. He's young, that level of success at his age is hard. Sometimes people need to bottom out to rebuild themselves and sometimes you never really know where the bottom is. Happy we took a chance and look forward to seeing what he can do!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

my blood pressure just went Up reading this.

My first reaction was Rawrr.

My second was pump your brakes it's OTA's.

My third is oh my gosh would that not be the BERRIES if he is returning to his earlier college form

*fingers and paws crossed*

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, GoBills808 said:

is that good or bad

Yea I thought the same. Does it mean he has really shone, or is it an indictment on others? We know Keon has had some struggles, which is probably to be expected, but Shakir? Samuel? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't love that adjective. Is that because our other guys are underperforming, or because claypool is blowing the doors off? Guessing it's the former, as "consistent" is rarely a descriptor you use if someone is crushing it.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

is that good or bad

Yeahhhh I had that thought too. But he is by far the most physically gifted WR on the roster, one of the most physically gifted players on the roster actually. Is he going to turn into AJ Brown? Obviously not. Can be he a legit starting outside WR though? I think there is a path for that at least.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I always felt Claypool had the talent, just not the consistency in effort.  You dont just magically have two 850 yard seasons if you can't at least hang in the league.

If McD and Brady are able to get him straight and he can have a gabe davis like role on this team (blocking + deep threat + suspect catch rate) that would be a welcomed addition at a discount

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Fun fact, Chase has TWO seasons of more receiving yards than Davis' best year.  On similar targets as well.  His catch rate is similar to Davis as well.  He was a decent #2/3 with Pitt early in the league.  If the team can turn this guy back into that player, he will have a role.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

is that good or bad

Also, what does it even mean?

The most consistent in catching the ball? Most consistent in getting seperation? Most consistent in route running? Most consistent in ALL of this (that would be scary).

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Fun fact, Chase has TWO seasons of more receiving yards than Davis' best year.  On similar targets as well.  His catch rate is similar to Davis as well.  He was a decent #2/3 with Pitt early in the league.  If the team can turn this guy back into that player, he will have a role.

His issue isn’t talent, it’s been attitude and work ethic. I loved him coming out of ND at the time when others didn’t. 

Hopefully he’s fixed it between the ears and we have something 

25 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I’m a Keon Coleman fan, I loved his highlight video more than most of the receivers coming out. With that said, Parrino also mentioned Jamarcus Ingram was holding his own with Coleman, even had the defensive sideline hooting and hollering. I wasn’t bothered when I heard Elam was getting the better of him on some reps, but now Jamarcus Ingram? Hmmm…

Keon is going to struggle in man coverage. He is who he is coming out of college. If you can’t separate in college you won’t be doing it in the pros.

Love the kid and his personality but his film is not good and I’ve been down on him for months 

He was the one WR I didn’t want to pick late 1st early 2nd

Edited by DJB
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Wouldn't it be nice though to get lucky if he turns his career around here?

One positive, one negative.

Positive: We know he shows up when pads come on, he’s at his best when physical.

Negative: He seems to consistently be running with the second team, let’s see how he looks with first team reps. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a fun tweet, Bills reporter goes "He's having a real good OTAs he might make the team." immediate overreaction follows "Comeback incoming?"

I suspect Claypool is knowingly fighting for his careers last real opportunity, I very much hope he proves his doubters wrong, and that he has seen the light so to speak, 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I was bullish since we signed him just because it was so out of character for us. He's young, that level of success at his age is hard. Sometimes people need to bottom out to rebuild themselves and sometimes you never really know where the bottom is. Happy we took a chance and look forward to seeing what he can do!

Well....Bills traded for Diggs--and held onto him until they inevitably got tired of his predictable behavioral BS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Coleman

Shakir

Samuel

MVS

Claypool

Hollins 

That's my 6 for the roster.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....Bills traded for Diggs--and held onto him until they inevitably got tired of his predictable behavioral BS.

My brother the Vikes fan gave it 4 years before Diggs would make his way out of Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.