Joe Marino talks what the Bills have to do to beat KC in playoffs

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I don't think Pegula's firing McDermott unless McD steals his patio furniture or something.  However, what I would do is if lose in similar fashion in the playoffs for the same reasons I wouldn't be opposed to hiring Johnson or Slowik.

we have lost in similar fashion in the playoffs for the same reasons

what you are describing has literally already happened

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

we have lost in similar fashion in the playoffs for the same reasons

what you are describing has literally already happened

So all hope is lost this year.  See you next year.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

So all hope is lost this year.  See you next year.

don't be so dramatic lol

OP is a video of Marino talking about how to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs....a different HC would almost certainly have done it in 2021. its nothing to get upset over

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

don't be so dramatic lol

OP is a video of Marino talking about how to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs....a different HC would almost certainly have done it in 2021. its nothing to get upset over

I'm not the one saying it's too late.  LOL.  I'll never get over the stupidty of the coaching at the end of 13 seconds.  I'll give you that.  Not squib kicking and then giving the WR's/TE's free releases while leaving the middle of the field wide open was beyond incompetence.

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

How much longer does his credit line for backdooring a wildcard loss extend? 

And we are very far from beating either them or the Bengals in the playoffs. We are not in the same class come postseason

It’s exactly why it’s been pointed out multiple times in this thread, that Mahomes has a significantly higher passer rating in the playoffs, against the Bills. Because this loser coach is terrified and cannot get things right. He absolutely is good enough to beat them and good enough to win a SB. But the fact that he turtles in the playoffs is not arguable. He coaches not to lose. He’ll never win that way. 

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

And the Bengals 

The Bengals get a last place schedule based off their 9-8 record last year. With Burrow back and an easier schedule I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals win the North this year.

This thread off to the same start as every other thread-  sadness brigade 

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

don't be so dramatic lol

OP is a video of Marino talking about how to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs....a different HC would almost certainly have done it in 2021. it’s nothing to get upset over

McDermott sucks-  we get it.  Maybe you should start a mcdermott sucks thread and keep all the same regurgitated material there so we don’t have to read it in every other thread.  

• Agree 1

Sean McDermott has a 4-4 record against Andy Reid.  Josh Allen is 3-4 against Patrick Mahomes.

Those games include 12 seconds, Kadarius Toney's Offside and Wide Right Part II.

The Chiefs are unanimously considered the best team in the NFL.  Reid is considered by many the best coach.  Mahomes the best Quarterback.

Playing against us, they have roughly a 50/50 chance of winning the game.  

I'm tired of hearing that we can't get past the Chiefs without firing our coach.  The numbers don't support that.  

I'm tired of hearing that Allen is far below Mahomes.  The numbers don't support that either.

There are always steps we can take to get better and give ourselves a better chance in the playoffs.  But when push comes to shove, there isn't a magic bullet.  We have proven we are good enough to beat the Chiefs and have done so about half the time.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Sean McDermott has a 4-4 record against Andy Reid.  Josh Allen is 3-4 against Patrick Mahomes.

Those games include 12 seconds, Kadarius Toney's Offside and Wide Right Part II.

The Chiefs are unanimously considered the best team in the NFL.  Reid is considered by many the best coach.  Mahomes the best Quarterback.

I'm tired of hearing that we can't get past the Chiefs without firing our coach.  The numbers don't support that.  

I'm tired of hearing that Allen is far below Mahomes.  The numbers don't support that either.

There are always steps we can take to get better and give ourselves a better chance in the playoffs.  But when push comes to shove, there isn't a magic bullet.  We have proven we are good enough to beat the Chiefs and have done so about half the time.  

In the regular season yes but in the playoffs, they haven't proven anything against the Chiefs except how to lose to them.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

We have to fire McDermott. 

At what point do Bills fans come to the conclusion that we will NEVER beat an Andy Reid team in the playoffs with McDermott at the helm ?

I'm very sorry 

Andy Reid will most likely end his coaching career as arguably the best head coach of all time.  Who do you think that you can hire in place of McDermott that is going to close that gap?  Additionally, how many transition years will it take for that new coach to be able to beat Reid, 2, 3?  Those are years wasted with a generational QB. 

Edited by kitchen sink

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Hate these segments,  we're literally a razor thin margin from winning. 

Make FGs, catch open passes and we win

truly a game of INCHES

6 minutes ago, kitchen sink said:

Andy Reid will most likely end his coaching career as arguably the best head coach of all time.  Who do you think that you can hire in place of McDermott that is going to close that gap?  Additionally, how many transition years will it take for that new coach to be able to beat Reid, 2, 3?  Those are years wasted with a generational QB. 

Gary Kubiak was hired by the Broncos in 2015, he changed offensive schemes and defensive schemes and beat BB in the AFCCG. 

Coaching changes for contender status teams have been shots in the arm, not “transition years.” This is a very odd take. McVay didn’t need transition years. Does anyone think Haurbaugh is gonna need 3 years to rebuild the Chargers?

I would argue that our biggest disadvantage very well may be Reid’s familiarity coaching against McD.

13 minutes ago, kitchen sink said:

OIP.vSEnZS8XOAIXtPS9zecQLAHaEs?w=267&h=1

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Execute better.  Game plan better.  Stay healthier.  

Partially on coaching.  Partially on players.  Partially on injuries.  

We’re close.  Just have to be better when it counts.  Including 17.  He’s been great in one season ending loss (13 seconds).  He was pretty good last year.  Poor vs Cinci.  Below average vs KC in the AFCCG.  We need better from more than just coaching 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, kitchen sink said:

Mike Shanahan joined in 1995 and gave a SB in 1997 and 1998 with John Elway. 

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Gary Kubiak was hired by the Broncos in 2015, he changed offensive schemes and defensive schemes and beat BB in the AFCCG. 

Coaching changes for contender status teams have been shots in the arm, not “transition years.” This is a very odd take. McVay didn’t need transition years. Does anyone think Haurbaugh is gonna need 3 years to rebuild the Chargers?

I would argue that our biggest disadvantage very well may be Reid’s familiarity coaching against McD.

They literally went 5-12 the year after they won a super bowl.   I feel like that was kind of a transition year.  

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They literally went 5-12 the year after they won a super bowl.   I feel like that was kind of a transition year.  

They won the Super Bowl and their QB’s got hurt!

Bills fans talking about wasting a year with a hang over after a SB win is BANANAS

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok, by your logic I guess Dan Marino is the reason Miami didn't win a Super Bowl given Don Shula won a Super Bowl without Dan Marino but never did with him. 

All good, but we can agree to disagree here, no biggie.  

No im not a "Super Bowl is a quarterback stat kind of guy".

But when Andy constantly gets to the nfl championship games and even a SB, but just couldn't get over the hump and then when he leaves and Mcnabb goes to complete s hit? And then andy wins 3 rings with an elite QB?

I don't think it's that hard to put the pieces to the puzzle here.

Like is Bill belichick a crap coach because he can't win a playoff game without an elite QB?

Edited by BillsFan130

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.