Bills Sign 8 draft picks

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's where the Tre money is mainly going. 

The Draft Picks will only cost about 2-3m. But they also need a few million to pay for the Practice Squad and a few million for in season spending. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

The Draft Picks will only cost a 2-3m. But they also need a few million to pay for the Practice Squad and a few million for in season spending. 

Tre’s money basically allowed the Bills to go right up against the cap all offseason knowing that the “administrative” costs like rookie pool, practice squad and in season emergency money will be covered by Tre’s money.

Functionally the Bills have a little bit of space to spare with about 1.3 million in “actual” cap space to play with after reserving the PS and emergency money after rookies are officially inked. The Bills can also free up some additional space like Converting the rest or Josh’s salary to a bonus which frees up 6 million in space. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Tre’s money basically allowed the Bills to go right up against the cap all offseason knowing that the “administrative” costs like rookie pool, practice squad and in season emergency money will be covered by Tre’s money.

Functionally the Bills have a little bit of space to spare with about 1.3 million in “actual” cap space to play with after reserving the PS and emergency money after rookies are officially inked. The Bills can also free up some additional space like Converting the rest or Josh’s salary to a bonus which frees up 6 million in space. 

They technically could do more with Josh's contract - but I don't see that happening. He's never restructured a contract multiple times in the same Offseason. I don't know the reasoning as to why he didn't do the full amount when he did, but there must have been a reason. And whatever it was, I think he would have just done it then if he was going to take more. 

We've pulled the cords on literally every release, restructure, or potential extension possible that could save us cap space already this offseason - save for just two. You could do a restructure of Matt Milano that could save us 2.4m and a restructure of Ed Oliver that could save us 3.9m. 

But much like restructuring Josh, the fact that we chose not to do those when we were doing literally EVERYTHING possible to create space says to me there's probably a reason he chose not to do those.

So those three are options. But I'd be surprised if he did them. And ultimately, he's addressed every single spot on the roster that needed a replacement - save for one.

Douglas replaced White. Hardy replaced Neal. But we never replaced Dane Jackson. And with how often Benford gets injured and Elam still being a question mark, I don't see them relying on UDFA and PS players to replace Dane Jackson.

So that's the one spot I could see a move and we can probably use what little is left from Tre's money after the Rookie contracts, Practice Squad, and In Season Spending Pool is accounted for to address that.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm going to beat @mrags at this one.....Keon Coleman was too slow to sign his contract today.

lol. He’s still getting changed after practice. No chance he’s made it to the meeting room for his contract signing pics 

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They technically could do more with Josh's contract - but I don't see that happening. He's never restructured a contract multiple times in the same Offseason. I don't know the reasoning as to why he didn't do the full amount when he did, but there must have been a reason. And whatever it was, I think he would have just done it then if he was going to take more. 

We've pulled the cords on literally every release, restructure, or potential extension possible that could save us cap space already this offseason - save for just two. You could do a restructure of Matt Milano that could save us 2.4m and a restructure of Ed Oliver that could save us 3.9m. 

But much like restructuring Josh, the fact that we chose not to do those when we were doing literally EVERYTHING possible to create space says to me there's probably a reason he chose not to do those.

So those three are options. But I'd be surprised if he did them. And ultimately, he's addressed every single spot on the roster that needed a replacement - save for one.

Douglas replaced White. Hardy replaced Neal. But we never replaced Dane Jackson. And with how often Benford gets injured and Elam still being a question mark, I don't see them relying on UDFA and PS players to replace Dane Jackson.

So that's the one spot I could see a move and we can probably use what little is left from Tre's money after the Rookie contracts, Practice Squad, and In Season Spending Pool is accounted for to address that.

Milano is 30 and coming off a serious injury zero chance they are going to do anything with him. I tend to agree that while I think if something "too good to be true" happened and they needed the space they would do Oliver's and Josh's contract for some space. But I think that they are going to be fine standing pat unless something drastic happens. But at least the options are there if they do need it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, mrags said:

lol. He’s still getting changed after practice. No chance he’s made it to the meeting room for his contract signing pics 

He is at Macy's !

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.