OTAs 6/4

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I said completely done, I don't mean 2015 Von Miller.  I just mean someone like Tim Settle shouldn't be ahead of you in the sack column.

It was this statement of yours that I was responding to:

”It's still there physically, just mentally it's holding him back.”

I doubt that it’s there physically anymore.

12 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

One play but do you remember kinkaids down the field block vs NYJ on Shakir’s 81 yd td. He took out 3 jets with one block. He didn’t come into the league with a reputation as a blocker but was beyond able and competent last year 

He was lucky he wasn't flagged for a block in the back.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think Babich is going to be a really good DC. Kind of surprised he chose to stay here and be under McDermott rather than branch out and work for an offensive minded HC. But I think he's got a really bright future and a path to be a HC one day if he desires.

This was one of the key off-season coaching moves that may make all the difference when the chips are down—here’s hoping anyway!

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, McBean said:

Claypool developing nice I see. Solid cheap underrated signing.

Claypool & Cephus> Diggs.

JMO!

I’m rooting so hard for the Claypool signing to work out that would give us a legit WR2 who is still young , him and Colman could be a nightmare for DB’s to cover especially in the red zone 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It was this statement of yours that I was responding to:

”It's still there physically, just mentally it's holding him back.”

I doubt that it’s there physically anymore.

I think it is.  He can still get off the line, Andrew Whitworth mentioned it as well in a post game.  He just didn't bend, change levels and make a sudden quick moves....I think it's because he didn't mentally trust his knee.  He practiced with a brace all season and played with it most of the season.

I believe when he trusts that knee and gets confidence back he will be fine when he puts stress on it...we will see a much improved Von.  

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

One play but do you remember kinkaids down the field block vs NYJ on Shakir’s 81 yd td. He took out 3 jets with one block. He didn’t come into the league with a reputation as a blocker but was beyond able and competent last year 

Kincaid will be the best TE to ever play for the Bills , hopefully one day his number will be retired 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Downfield blocking and in-line blocking are different animals

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I love the concept of telling players they need to shut up when they simply answer questions from a request from the media.

"Groot how do you feel today?"

"I cannot speak until I get 10 sacks this year"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Man, I would have loved to see Rasul and White on the field at the same time.

ya but we never get Douglas if White didn't get hurt again,  glad it happened before the trade deadline,  Douglas was fun to watch

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it is.  He can still get off the line, Andrew Whitworth mentioned it as well in a post game.  He just didn't bend, change levels and make a sudden quick moves....I think it's because he didn't mentally trust his knee.  He practiced with a brace all season and played with it most of the season.

I believe when he trusts that knee and gets confidence back he will be fine when he puts stress on it...we will see a much improved Von.  

Honest question: Is there a reason you think that or is it just hoping for the best?

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Douglas had a knee injury in the Week 18 Miami game and struggled to come back for the KC division round.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remember McDermott or Babich saying he was rehabbing his knee and they hoped he'd be back for TC.  I don't think he's holding out.

Same , plus I'm almost positive he re structured this off season , 

15 hours ago, McBean said:

Claypool developing nice I see. Solid cheap underrated signing.

Claypool & Cephus> Diggs.

JMO!

Cephus is gone I thought, released after MVS signing 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Honest question: Is there a reason you think that or is it just hoping for the best?

A reason.  If he was attempting other moves and just couldn't do them....I would say he is completely done.

But he didn't put much effort other than locking up with the OT's and trying to get by them or have a wide bend hoping to get a clean up sack.

This is his signature move....I didn't see him even attempt it last season.  I paid attention to him a lot because he's Von Miller.

To dip under the OT's shoulder pads, you put a lot of stress on that one knee for a split second.  He didn't trust it last year IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

He was lucky he wasn't flagged for a block in the back.

I don’t recall the play. Got a link?

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Kincaid will be the best TE to ever play for the Bills , hopefully one day his number will be retired 

Will be?  He probably already is. Didn’t he set the Bills single season record for yards by a tight end?  As a rookie. 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Will be?  He probably already is. Didn’t he set the Bills single season record for yards by a tight end?  As a rookie. 

The Bills do not have an illustrious history at that position. It's like they didn't know TEs were allowed to catch passes for most of their history. We very rarely had a good one in offense and defensively TEs have killed us forever and continue to do so.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-te-receiving-yards-by-a-player-buffalo-bills-in-a-season

second most all time…it is a rough list. Scott Chandler may be the most prolific receiving tight end in Bills history at this point. Kincaid is going to rock this year

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good question, and I do think an extension is on the way for him after how Beane restructured his deal to assure he would be here this year.  May just be that him and his team are being cautious to not get hurt before the extension is complete.  And now that Tre is off the books, an extension could come at any time (assuming one is in play).  After investing a 3rd in him, seeing how well he played, his age, his reworked deal to keep him, etc...I would be a bit surprised if he didn't get an extension here soon.  I am expecting a 2 year extension, possibly 3.  

I think he is here for 2024 and then will be gone personally. If it was just about reducing cap hit an extension was the move to make rather than the restructure. He will turn 30 before the season starts. I dunno if the Bills want to be tied into him long term. 

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A reason.  If he was attempting other moves and just couldn't do them....I would say he is completely done.

But he didn't put much effort other than locking up with the OT's and trying to get by them or have a wide bend hoping to get a clean up sack.

This is his signature move....I didn't see him even attempt it last season.  I paid attention to him a lot because he's Von Miller.

To dip under the OT's shoulder pads, you put a lot of stress on that one knee for a split second.  He didn't trust it last year IMO.

One thing about Von though is he sets up moves. He wasn’t playing enough last year to set up moves. Von playing 20-25 snaps is useless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.