OTAs 6/4

Posted (edited)

I keep hearing good things about  Claypool if he gets his s*it together add Coleman and Samuel to Kincaid and Shakir this group has potential to be more productive then last year 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good question, and I do think an extension is on the way for him after how Beane restructured his deal to assure he would be here this year.  May just be that him and his team are being cautious to not get hurt before the extension is complete.  And now that Tre is off the books, an extension could come at any time (assuming one is in play).  After investing a 3rd in him, seeing how well he played, his age, his reworked deal to keep him, etc...I would be a bit surprised if he didn't get an extension here soon.  I am expecting a 2 year extension, possibly 3.  

What if Elam comes on though? That wouldn't be a wise extension 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

What if Elam comes on though? That wouldn't be a wise extension 

Not sure I follow here...Elam will be competing to take Benfords job, not Rasul who is the best CB on the team.  The tandem would be Rasul and Elam if in fact Elam came on and earned a starting spot.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure I follow here...Elam will be competing to take Benfords job, not Rasul who is the best CB on the team.  The tandem would be Rasul and Elam if in fact Elam came on and earned a starting spot.  

You'd be right,  but imo Benford is going to be on the field whether it's cb1 or 2 , I don't see anyone taking his job. He's the real deal  

Could save a bunch on the cap by having Elam out there on a rookie deal . Ya we gave up a 3 for Douglas and he's awesome but we gave up a 1 for Elam and would save $ , improve elsewhere 

McD has been a secondary wizard

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Can't wait to see Ray Davis and Dewayne Carter this summer.

I think I’ll be watching all the pre-season games this year with more interest then I have since we drafted Josh 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Nice to see some positive things about Hamlin hopefully a year removed from the his injury scare he can focus solely on football.

Yeah if Damar somehow turns out to be a decent safety, that's like found money.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man, I would have loved to see Rasul and White on the field at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Yeah if Damar somehow turns out to be a decent safety, that's like found money.

Maybe they cloned him again and this time they gave him superior football skills? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thought McDermott was going for a takedown.

I found this fascinating.

Also - a Rondell Bothroyd sighting!  He exists!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I might be the only one who still has a little faith in Von.

I didn't see any bend last year at all...he didn't even attempt.  He would just lock up with a OT every single time.  He didn't even try a speed outside rush.

I just think he needs to get over the mental issue of making quick and sharp cuts on that knee.  Then we will see the production increase IMO.

He's too good to just be completely done.  He had 8 sacks in 11 games prior to getting hurt.  It's still there physically, just mentally it's holding him back.

I still have faith in Von as well.  There is a play in the regular season KC game, I think 4th quarter, where Von beats the LT with a speed rush and gets a good bend around the corner to hit Mahomes' arm and force an incompletion (and almost a fumble).  That play shows that he can get back to where he was, at least some of the time.  Its just how often can he play to that level.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't see any bend last year at all...he didn't even attempt.  He would just lock up with a OT every single time.  He didn't even try a speed outside rush.

I just think he needs to get over the mental issue of making quick and sharp cuts on that knee.  Then we will see the production increase IMO.

He's too good to just be completely done.  He had 8 sacks in 11 games prior to getting hurt.  It's still there physically, just mentally it's holding him back.

I want to have faith in him SO bad. If he gets 10+ sacks, we will be a GREAT defense again. I'm obviously rooting for him but I don't have high hopes. I think our D-Line depth will be the best it's been in years with the rookies we brought in. I hope we limit some of the times we rotate Oliver. He was phenomenal last year and if he can replicate that, he should never leave the field. 

If Oliver and DQJ replicate last year and Carter can be serviceable as a rookie... our edges will have a much easier time. Our defense should be absolutely lights out. I'm not as worried about or offense as some... we have 17 and that's all that matters. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doyle to the Giants in 3…2…1…

I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.   Stars get a year to come back from an injury.  Guys who are fighting for a spot at the bottom of the roster are either ready to go, or gone.

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm surprised more fans aren't pounding for Beane to trade them Knox with Waller retiring. 

Do you understand that Knox has something like $16M dead cap to the Bills after a trade partner picks up his salary?

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Does Douglas plan on sitting out TC?  I know he wanted an extension and never got it.

Douglas had a knee injury in the Week 18 Miami game and struggled to come back for the KC division round.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remember McDermott or Babich saying he was rehabbing his knee and they hoped he'd be back for TC.  I don't think he's holding out.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems to take two years to be fully recovered from a ACL / knee repair,

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Brand J said:

I forgot Deion Jones signed here. If he can recapture any of what he used to be, talk about quality LBer depth!

If we have him playing vs AJ freaking Klein last year, we likely win that game

Beane made some quiet good moves to fill depth

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I found this fascinating.

Also - a Rondell Bothroyd sighting!  He exists!

ya that was awesome for some reason 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.