OTAs 6/4

I don't want to hear anything from Von.  He has talked more then enough, STHU and actually earn some of that outrageous contract.

Groot?  STHU as well and maybe put up 10+ sacks...IF you can make it through a season without some injury .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Dislike 2

36 minutes ago, McBean said:

Claypool developing nice I see. Solid cheap underrated signing.

Claypool & Cephus> Diggs.

JMO!

Cephus was cut already

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, McBean said:

Claypool developing nice I see. Solid cheap underrated signing.

Claypool & Cephus> Diggs.

JMO!

Cephus is already gone.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A feisty rep between Keon Coleman and Ja'Marcus Ingram was a highlight of the day. The ball didn't even go in that area of the field but the two were pushing and shoving and it spilled all the way off the field and into the defensive sideline. The defense made a ton of noise as the two battled. Coleman came back on the next route and appeared to beat Ingram with a nice route/move, but the ball went to the other side.

My favorite update of the day. One of Coleman’s traits that impresses me the most when watching his video is his insistence on never taking a play off no matter how far away from the play his assignment takes him. He was blocking DBs 30 yards away from the play and kept on blocking them until the whistle blew and frustrating the hell out of them in the process. Sounds like he intends to keep doing that at the next level as well. Sauce Gardner better keep that chin strap on tight. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Let me open by saying I am not advocating for or expecting a Knox trade, but I also would not rule it out.  

First, under Brady the team ran a lot less 12 personnel last year, so keeping him just for that isn't as critical at this stage.  Although, to be fair, we don't actually know what a real Brady led offense is going to look like yet either, so he could have a lot more 12 personnel plans this year.  But...and most importantly...Knox carries a reasonable cap hit this year at $7.7m, but that balloons to $14m next year which there is no way we are paying Knox $14m next year.  Obviously, there are multiple options to deal with that, and trading him is one of those.

Cap wise, it's probably easier to find a trade partner this year.  And Knox absolutely has tradable value as he was a productive TE before we drafted Kincaid despite not being a featured part of the offense.  The 2 years prior he had 15 TDS and avg nearly 50 rec and 500 yards.  He is a good all around TE and would absolutely be an upgrade on a number of teams around the NFL, some with playoff aspirations this year.

So right now might be the best market Beane will see for a Knox trade.  Another season buried on the target priority list behind Keon, Kincaid, Shakir, Samuel, and our RB's means another down year for production do to lack of opportunity (unless injuries change that) here which puts him next year 2 years out from when he was last productive while carrying a $14m price tag.  

But...Given our plans, the continued SB aspirations this year, the amount of turnover already on the offense, etc I still don't expect to see a trade happen.  But, I would not rule it out for the reasons I already stated, especially since this may be Beane's one shot of getting decent value for him via trade.  

They’re different type of TEs.  Right now, Kincaid is just a receiver.  Maybe he becomes a good blocker but that’s not what they drafted him for.  Knox is needed for run blocking.  They are a tandem.  Perhaps Knox’s contract amount for 2025 doesn’t make sense but for now he’s a needed part of the offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

They’re different type of TEs.  Right now, Kincaid is just a receiver.  Maybe he becomes a good blocker but that’s not what they drafted him for.  Knox is needed for run blocking.  They are a tandem.  Perhaps Knox’s contract amount for 2025 doesn’t make sense but for now he’s a needed part of the offense.

I agree and realize that which is why I am not advocating to trade him nor do I expect him to get traded...just saying why I won't rule it out either because there are factors where it could make sense for the right offer.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I don't want to hear anything from Von.  He has talked more then enough, STHU and actually earn some of that outrageous contract.

Groot?  STHU as well and maybe put up 10+ sacks...IF you can make it through a season without some injury .

Hang on so Von said he’s feeling good, Groot complimented a rookie, and it made you THAT upset???? Lmao.

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I love the concept of telling players they need to shut up when they simply answer questions from a request from the media.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

One play but do you remember kinkaids down the field block vs NYJ on Shakir’s 81 yd td. He took out 3 jets with one block. He didn’t come into the league with a reputation as a blocker but was beyond able and competent last year 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

My favorite update of the day. One of Coleman’s traits that impresses me the most when watching his video is his insistence on never taking a play off no matter how far away from the play his assignment takes him. He was blocking DBs 30 yards away from the play and kept on blocking them until the whistle blew and frustrating the hell out of them in the process. Sounds like he intends to keep doing that at the next level as well. Sauce Gardner better keep that chin strap on tight. 

Keon is a dawg, and he is what this offense has been missing.  Whether he has the skills to excel in the NFL we will still need to find out, but the way he plays, his size, his mentality, his swagger, his toughness, and his attitude are all upgrades from his predecessors and something that the offense needed more of.  Shakir and Kincaid are Dawgs too out there, never taking plays off, blocking way down field, etc.  They are always around the ball.  

I really can't wait to see this group together on the field.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, stevewin said:

I found this fascinating.

Also - a Rondell Bothroyd sighting!  He exists!

That name is a *****in' made up Key and Peele All-Star name.  Pulling real hard for him to make the team.  Easily the next Leger Douzable.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Douglas had a knee injury in the Week 18 Miami game and struggled to come back for the KC division round.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remember McDermott or Babich saying he was rehabbing his knee and they hoped he'd be back for TC.  I don't think he's holding out.

That makes no sense.  If he is rehabbing, he should be in Buffalo doing it.  He is working out on his own.  He is holding out due to contract.  I thought this was pretty well known.  He is getting old, this is his last attempt at getting paid.  He posted things back in March.

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

He’s 35. Rounding back into his old form after that injury would be beating some incredible odds. 

When I said completely done, I don't mean 2015 Von Miller.  I just mean someone like Tim Settle shouldn't be ahead of you in the sack column.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.