10 NFL Holdouts for voluntary OTAs

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

News that SF just upped C McCaffrey to $19M per for 4 more years.  Brought in Logan Thomas.  And as stated above paid J Jennings and 1st + 4th WR in draft.

Who is getting Aiyuk?  Pitt, New England, Bills??

I mean, if your logic towards our room is applied, Jennings and Pearsall shouldn't mean anything. 

We paid Samuel 24m with 15 guaranteed. And you don't view him as a difference making starter. So Jennings at a much less amount of 15m with 10 guaranteed should be viewed even less, right?. And he's also a Slot WR, so that has no barring on the Outside.

Like Samuel to Jennings, Pearsall is equal to Keon Coleman, taken at Pick 31 to Coleman's 33. So if Coleman is a concern and shouldn't be counted on - wouldn't it be the same for Pearsall in SF? And unlike Coleman, a True X, Pearsall is viewed as an Inside/Outside Tweener - more naturally fit as a Slot.

Logan Thomas? How does signing a Backup TE for Kittle apply to anything? 

And you're looking at the CMAC deal all wrong. This extension isn't a bad thing for a possible Aiyuk deal in SF - it's actually a good thing. It makes getting a deal done with Aiyuk *more* likely, not less likely like you're implying.

Currently, the 49ers have over 30m in Cap Space for this season. Ultimately, the consensus out of the Bay area is that Aiyuk will get done sometime this Summer and they're going to get out from Deebo's deal next offseason. And if the plan is to get out from Deebo next season, why would they move Aiyuk this offseason as well?

This is an NFC Championship team looking to go back to the Super Bowl. They have the means to keep their Superstar core together and the CMAC deal makes it easier to do so.

If the historic WR market makes it so they feel they can't in good conscience pay Aiyuk's asking price because it's so insane, when they have the means to, are looking to repeat, and Samuel isn't in their long term plans - you think *we're* going to pay that price tag and give up prime Draft compensation for the privilege to do so? 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The Higgins hold out could get ugly

Was reading about how he is screwed currently. A big year will just get tagged again, a down year and he won't get paid

Basically where wr salaries are and headed to. If he has a big year Cincy will just tag him again where he would be well worth his cap hit at roughly 26 mil or so 

I'd send a 2nd their way for his services

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not mentioned enough is Rasul Douglas has skipped every voluntary practice. He’s entering the final year of his contract. For what we’re going to ask of him this year he’s extremely underpaid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a new contract soon.

He is a tricky one to me.  He represents kind of the player they are staying away from committing to.  He is going to be 30 when the season starts.  

Just to make him happy they may have to do something but after the changes this offseason I imagine they do not see him as a guy here for very long.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

He is a tricky one to me.  He represents kind of the player they are staying away from committing to.  He is going to be 30 when the season starts.  

Just to make him happy they may have to do something but after the changes this offseason I imagine they do not see him as a guy here for very long.

He did skip all OTAs in Green Bay also so maybe it’s nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

GM's are screwing up paying WR's this kind of money.  Very quickly it's going to be just like the RB market.

I tend to believe this at some level.  The primary difference being that the NFL is now a pass driven league vs. the old, nope gone, era of a run 1st league. You have to have people who can throw and catch.

It’s also interesting that the CB market is no longer what it used to be.  I think the WR market will settle out to be more like this vs it being like RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, if your logic towards our room is applied, Jennings and Pearsall shouldn't mean anything.

Like Samuel to Jennings, Pearsall is equal to Keon Coleman, taken at Pick 31 to Coleman's 33. So if Coleman is a concern and shouldn't be counted on - wouldn't it be the same for Pearsall in SF?

Of course it should mean something.  Yes, Samuel = Jennings, Pearsall = K Coleman.  The difference is WR3 + WR4 for SF vs the Bills WR1 + WR2. 

If we still had Diggs + Davis and had brought in Samuel and drafted Coleman my money would be on one of them being moved soon. 

Having one top tier WR plus Jennings + Pearsall combo (backed up by a 4th rounder as a fallback) seems like a fine idea for a WR room - especially when combined with other playmakers in Kittle + McCaffrey.  That's what the SF future looks like to me.  Solid plan.  The Bills could have something similar with a top tier WR.  That's what I was hoping for.

SF may be waiting on 2025 to implement its plan.  That's thinking ahead.  But if Aiyuk is a real problem they may want to accelerate their plan. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.