10 NFL Holdouts for voluntary OTAs

https://www.spotrac.com/news/_/id/2316/10-nfl-ota-holdouts

Interesting that there are/were 6 WRs holding out of voluntary OTAs along with a QB, an OT, a DT and (double checks notes) a PK. 

Jefferson signed so he’s off that list. Lamb will likely get a similar deal soon. Aiyuk will get a big deal, but not quite what they got. Higgins likely will have to wait until next year for his payday. Slayton is looking for a bump and Sutton wants paid to stay in the crapfest that is the Broncos or be traded away. I don’t blame them. 

Tua has been discussed. Interesting that Miami locked up their WRs first. That was smart IMO. Wirfs wants paid - and deserves it. I think TB would be smart to do that sooner rather than later. Can Heyward doesn’t want to stick around Pittsburgh and their mediocrity unless he gets paid. Don’t blame him. He’s 35. 

And last, but certainly least, on the list is Eddie Pineiro, the Panthers place kicker. That takes real brass. I’ll just say that. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

https://www.spotrac.com/news/_/id/2316/10-nfl-ota-holdouts

Interesting that there are/were 6 WRs holding out of voluntary OTAs along with a QB, an OT, a DT and (double checks notes) a PK. 

Jefferson signed so he’s off that list. Lamb will likely get a similar deal soon. Aiyuk will get a big deal, but not quite what they got. Higgins likely will have to wait until next year for his payday. Slayton is looking for a bump and Sutton wants paid to stay in the crapfest that is the Broncos or be traded away. I don’t blame them. 

Tua has been discussed. Interesting that Miami locked up their WRs first. That was smart IMO. Wirfs wants paid - and deserves it. I think TB would be smart to do that sooner rather than later. Can Heyward doesn’t want to stick around Pittsburgh and their mediocrity unless he gets paid. Don’t blame him. He’s 35. 

And last, but certainly least, on the list is Eddie Pineiro, the Panthers place kicker. That takes real brass. I’ll just say that. 

Idk. Jerry and Stephen Jones have kind of fumbled the Cowboys' cap situation. Everything they do hinges on what they do with Dak, and Dak has ALL the leverage. They are going to have to pay Dak big money or let him walk next year while still eating a $40M cap hit. They also have to pay Micah Parsons at some point too. I don't know if Jerry will want to hand a WR $30M+ per season. 

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

Idk. Jerry and Stephen Jones have kind of fumbled the Cowboys' cap situation. Everything they do hinges on what they do with Dak, and Dak has ALL the leverage. They are going to have to pay Dak big money or let him walk next year while still eating a $40M cap hit. They also have to pay Micah Parsons at some point too. I don't know if Jerry will want to hand a WR $30M+ per season. 

I think Jerry is happy with telling McCarthy and dak to put up this year or find another home next year, at least his actions say that

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What's a 35 yo Heyward's market?

Yeah he’s an interesting one.  Other than missing a good portion of last season, he’s beepretty durable in recent seasons and is a game wrecker when he’s playing well.  Does he still have the ability to wreck games or is age taking over?  

how much money does he want and what will it take for Pittsburgh to deal him.  The only way I could see it happening is in a trade deadline deal that involved a late round pick without hopes of resigning him long term.  That said, I would think there would be at least one other team that has bigger plans for him.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Agree on the cap and roster mismanagement. I am not a believer in Dak so I would’ve moved on already. I can’t blame them if they just take their lumps and cut bait after another disappointing year. Lamb is a stud tho. I think they have to pay him - or use him to acquire a FQB. 

It is worth noting that their coaching has been pretty horrific too. They’ve had some amazing talent that they could not win with. Between that and playoff Dak they squandered some great opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah he’s an interesting one.  Other than missing a good portion of last season, he’s beepretty durable in recent seasons and is a game wrecker when he’s playing well.  Does he still have the ability to wreck games or is age taking over?  

how much money does he want and what will it take for Pittsburgh to deal him.  The only way I could see it happening is in a trade deadline deal that involved a late round pick without hopes of resigning him long term.  That said, I would think there would be at least one other team that has bigger plans for him.  

He's in last year of contract. No one is going to trade for him--he is entering his 14th season and he missed a lot of games injured and got 16 million. He is at the very top of his market. 

Not mentioned enough is Rasul Douglas has skipped every voluntary practice. He’s entering the final year of his contract. For what we’re going to ask of him this year he’s extremely underpaid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a new contract soon.

48 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If these are truly voluntary OTAs, then it ain't a holdout. You miss a mandatory, the you holdin' ou'.

I think it may be a typo as teams are not starting their mandatory OTA's.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a new contract soon.

I hope he does.

He's the best outside corner on the team, he's a great locker room guy, and a Douglas/Benford duo for the next few seasons would be very good.

I suppose it's possible they're waiting to see how Elam does this year, but even if he suddenly breaks out, he'd still be on a cost-controlled deal for three seasons (assuming fifth year option is exercised), and you can never have too much depth at outside corner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's in last year of contract. No one is going to trade for him--he is entering his 14th season and he missed a lot of games injured and got 16 million. He is at the very top of his market. 

Hence why trade deadline makes sense if he’s playing well  Obv if he’s hurt or not playing well, no one will trade for him but if he is a difference maker, you pay half the salary and give up a late round.  

He was coming off back to back 10+ sack seasons before he got hurt (and came back) last season.  It’s definitely a risk considering his age but a good Cam Hayward could be a difference maker for a team lacking pass rush.  Something that we might be lacking.  

I obviously think very highly of Hayward.  Maybe higher than most.  

1 hour ago, LLCoolCy said:

This is fine…

The Jets traded for Reddick at the very beginning of April. It's now the first week of June and the HC has had zero communication with him? :lol: 

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets

• Haha (+1) 1

The Higgins hold out could get ugly

Was reading about how he is screwed currently. A big year will just get tagged again, a down year and he won't get paid

Basically where wr salaries are and headed to. If he has a big year Cincy will just tag him again where he would be well worth his cap hit at roughly 26 mil or so 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

Gotta admire the Panther's kicker holding out..  What could possibly go wrong with that decision?

Maybe he's just trying to get out of Carolina. Someone would probably pick him up if he's cut.

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

They seem to think Aiyuk is going to take a team friendly franchise tag?  I don't know if SF really believes that - they double dipped at the draft 1st + 4th and just paid J Jennings $10M guaranteed over 2 years, $15M total.

News that SF just upped C McCaffrey to $19M per for 4 more years.  Brought in Logan Thomas.  And as stated above paid J Jennings and 1st + 4th WR in draft.

Who is getting Aiyuk?  Pitt, New England, Bills??

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.