MAGA: Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Posted (edited)

Trump's lawyers and lawyer's pushing Trump's claims get themselves in trouble so often, it's hard to keep track. Thought it might be easier to just put the misfeasance in one place. I imagine I've missed a few but this is a good start.

• Lin Wood agreed to retire from law and surrender his Georgia law license to avoid disciplinary cases (NYT)
  • Lin Wood was also sanctioned in Michigan (AP)
  • Sidney Powell, Howard Kleinhandler, Julia Zsuzsa Haller, Scott Hagerstrom, Brandon Johnson, and Gregory Rohl were sanctioned and fined in Michigan (Reuters)
  • Rudy Giuliani had his New York law license suspended (AP)
  • DC ethics board recommended Rudy Giuliani to be disbarred (NBC)
  • DC Bar officials recommend disbarment for Jeffrey Clark (Bloomberg Law)
  • California bar court recommended disbarment for John Eastman (State Bar of California)
  • Jenna Ellis was barred from practicing law in Colorado for three years (AP)
  • Clifford Robert, Michael Farina, Christopher Kise, Michael Madaio, and Armen Morian were sanctioned in New York (NY Courts)
  • Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Kenneth Chesebro, Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Jenna Ellis, and Ray Smith were indicted in Georgia (PBS)
  • Stefanie Junttila and Matt DePerno were indicted in Michigan (Michigan Advance)
  • Jenna Ellis pleaded guilty in Georgia (NYT) and Georgia (Politico)
  • Kenneth Chesebro pleaded guilty in Georgia (NPR)
  • Sidney Powell pleaded guilty in Georgia (NYT)
  • Rudy Giuliani was indicted in Arizona (NBC)
  • Christina Bobb, John Eastman, Boris Epshteyn, and Jenna Ellis were indicted in Arizona (Source NM)
  • Alina Habba was sanctioned $1 million in Florida for filing frivolous lawsuits. (ABC - thanks @Scraps)
  • Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations and other charges in New York (AP)
  • Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $148 million in Georgia defamation case (Reuters)
  • Wisconsin AG charged Kenneth Chesebro and Jim Troupis for the fake electors scheme. (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Maybe they should have taken Eric Herschmann's advice...

Trump Lawyer Stats

Lawyers in Trouble:

1. Christina Bobb
  2. Kenneth Chesebro
  3. Jeffrey Clark
  4. Matt DePerno
  5. John Eastman
  6. Jenna Ellis
  7. Boris Epshteyn
  8. Michael Farina
  9. Rudy Giuliani
  10. Scott Hagerstrom
  11. Brandon Johnson
  12. Stefanie Junttila
  13. Christopher Kise
  14. Howard Kleinhandler
  15. Michael Madaio
  16. Armen Morian
  17. Sidney Powell
  18. Clifford Robert
  19. Gregory Rohl
  20. Ray Smith
  21. Jim Troupis
  22. Lin Wood
  23. Julia Zsuzsa Haller

Jurisdictions / State Bars:

1. 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
  2. California State Bar
  3. Colorado State Bar
  4. Court of Appeals of Michigan
  5. DC Bar
  6. Georgia State Bar
  7. Georgia Supreme Court
  8. New York Attorney Grievance Committee
  9. US District Court Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division
  10. Superior Court of Fulton County (Georgia)
  11. Superior Court of the State of Arizona
  12. Supreme Court of the State of Colorado
  13. Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division
  14. Wisconsin Circuit Court
Edited by ChiGoose
Adding even more lawyers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Well this is just a list of people the deep state is after.  They must be commie hunters!!

Demented Joe needs meds to give a speech but also controls the Michigan bar. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

We cannot let this stand.

No. I don't mean all those attorneys getting prosecuted/disbarred.

I mean a thread that does not echo what certain posters think all threads should be about!

I predict that the OP will be called a whole new kind of bodily fluid. Has anyone used pus yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

Alina Habba and convicted felon Donald Trump fined $1 Million for filing a frivolous lawsuit ABC News

The opinion from Judge Donald Middlebrooks calls Trump "a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries."

"He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process, and he cannot be seen as a litigant blindly following the advice of a lawyer. He knew full well the impact of his actions," Middlebrooks wrote in his opinion.

"As such, I find that sanctions should be imposed upon Mr. Trump and his lead counsel, Ms. Habba," wrote the judge.

Funny thing is that Habba boasted about this and the Magadonians cheered here on.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We cannot let this stand.

No. I don't mean all those attorneys getting prosecuted/disbarred.

I mean a thread that does not echo what certain posters think all threads should be about!

I predict that the OP will be called a whole new kind of bodily fluid. Has anyone used pus yet?

Oh they'll either pretend none of this happened or it's all unfair.   The party of law and order!  

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Alina Habba and convicted felon Donald Trump fined $1 Million for filing a frivolous lawsuit ABC News

The opinion from Judge Donald Middlebrooks calls Trump "a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries."

"He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process, and he cannot be seen as a litigant blindly following the advice of a lawyer. He knew full well the impact of his actions," Middlebrooks wrote in his opinion.

"As such, I find that sanctions should be imposed upon Mr. Trump and his lead counsel, Ms. Habba," wrote the judge.

Funny thing is that Habba boasted about this and the Magadonians cheered here on.

I object to the use of sophisticated. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Wisconsin AG Josh Kaul charges former Trump associates in fake elector scheme

"MADISON - Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul has filed felony forgery charges against an aide and two attorneys who worked for former President Donald Trump in 2020 for their part in designing and executing a plan to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election by submitting false slates of electors for Trump.

The charges are filed in Dane County Circuit Court against Kenneth Chesebro, a Wisconsin native and lead architect of the 2020 fake elector plan; former Dane County Judge Jim Troupis, who represented Trump in Wisconsin during the 2020 election; and Mike Roman, a former Trump aide who allegedly delivered Wisconsin's slate of false elector paperwork to a Pennsylvania congressman's staffer in order to get them to Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021.

Court records show the three are due in court on Sept. 19."

• 2 months later...