Buffalo bidding to host 2028 Draft

23 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They should leave the old stadium up, put a roof on it and turn it into a big hotel that has a big stage for a draft.  The roof will prevent issues if it was to rain that weekend.

Well if they did that, how angry would some of us be that they couldn’t just do that in the first place instead of building this $2B succubus 

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Having this at the stadium would be a complete waste. Of course, it does maximize the money going back into Terry's pocket and lets him show of his new shed.

That’s exactly why it’ll end up being there. 

after all, there’s absolutely nothing worthwhile downtown. Can’t hold the draft inside the dining room of Anchor Bar after all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well if they did that, how angry would some of us be that they couldn’t just do that in the first place instead of building this $2B succubus 

after all, there’s absolutely nothing worthwhile downtown. Can’t hold the draft inside the dining room of Anchor Bar after all. 

Yeah, and having it at Ralph Wilson Park would be embarrassing.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah, and having it at Ralph Wilson Park would be embarrassing.

Yeah no crap. You were missing my point. Neither is a good idea. But we’re going to get a draft for sure. I’d bet money it’s at the new stadium or on the front steps of it. So that Terry can show off his new toy. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If it’s still held in April we’ll get 3 days of national media asking why they didn’t build a dome.

You know what? If it's in the stadium they are going to have to build a covered stage in case of rain.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know what? If it's in the stadium they are going to have to build a covered stage in case of rain.

Thats not new. One of the outdoor drafts it was raining. Cleveland I believe was nasty weather.

This was the Cleveland setup. Outside the stadium. Covered stage. I thought they do it inside but it’s outside the stadium. It was cold and wet for the draft. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If it’s still held in April we’ll get 3 days of national media asking why they didn’t build a dome.

Hopefully a late season snowstorm and everyone at the draft throws snowballs onto the stage whenever they announce the picks. 

Edited by Milanos Milano
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, mrags said:

You missed it and got it at the same time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

A little surprised at the negativity of this thread.  I think it's pretty exciting.  We'll figure out the logistics and I want all picks announced on the top of the Buffaloes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thats not new. One of the outdoor drafts it was raining. Cleveland I believe was nasty weather.

This was the Cleveland setup. Outside the stadium. Covered stage. I thought they do it inside but it’s outside the stadium. It was cold and wet for the draft. 

I was just pointing out the irony of building a roof inside an open air stadium. And if you did create a covered stage and viewing area, like Detroit had, it would block the view of most attendees in the stadium. 🤷‍♂️

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was just pointing out the irony of building a roof inside an open air stadium. And if you did create a covered stage and viewing area, like Detroit had, it would block the view of most attendees in the stadium. 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t know these drafts bring hundreds of thousands of people. Inside the stadium isn’t happening. 

I haven’t watched the draft on TV in years. I just listen to it while doing other things. I’m thinking back to radio city music hall days. A lot smaller crowds.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Tickets to the draft is generally free.  We need to pay for a stadium.  I am begging the Bills and the NFL to sell tickets to the draft here.  Please keep it cheap and reasonable.  Then lower the PSL fees with the profits from the draft.  Who would not pay $15-$20 bucks to go to the draft here?   Then sell beer and food all profits go to the stadium build. I know the Stadium will be completed by then.  But debt will be huge, the interest on the debt will be massive.  Pegula's don't have 1 Billion in cash just laying around in a pile like Scrooge McDuck, They get loans based net worth... that is why there are high price PSL's.

Bars, Hotels, and restaurants will make millions that weekend.   The low ticket price will not stop anyone from showing up. Season ticket holders and people that have tickets from the previous season should be free. Most of these people will still buy beer/food and Bills stuff.   

You could even do a 3 day pass for $25 bucks or $10 dollars per day.  Detroit draft had 775,000 in attendance... 775K times $20 average spend on tickets is $15.5 million.  That lowers a lot PSLs. Also add $10 one time tax on hotel rooms that weekend.  This money goes to the State and country for their spending on the stadium. 

As long as the draft tickets are cheap... we can pulling millions for our stadium debt from fans from outside of Buffalo.  We Bills mafia must push this really hard!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.