Buffalo bidding to host 2028 Draft

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

The only thing that’s shocking about this is they aren’t looking to host the draft in 2027. The first possible draft after the stadium is complete. 

Maybe they want the extra year to take down the current stadium. I would guess they will put a parking lot there once the current stadium is gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I jest curious. If I pay for the PSLs, does that include ability to go to the draft in 2028? Cause if it does, then the PSL is totally worth it. 

Just now, Gregg said:

Maybe they want the extra year to take down the current stadium. I would guess they will put a parking lot there once the current stadium is gone.

I actually think inside the old stadium would be perfect for it. 

it’ll likely be downtown anyway. Harbor center or Chippewa would be my guess. 

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mrags said:

I jest curious. If I pay for the PSLs, does that include ability to go to the draft in 2028? Cause if it does, then the PSL is totally worth it. 

I actually think inside the old stadium would be perfect for it. 

it’ll likely be downtown anyway. Harbor center or Chippewa would be my guess. 

I've been trying to imagine where is the best spot for 250,000-400,000 people. I remember the massive crowd at City Hall after SB25. Canalside is a place you'd want to hold it but is it large enough? Then of course there's Orchard Park. Plenty large but few if any amenities. People will need to eat, drink and relieve themselves. No to mention get in and out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've been trying to imagine where is the best spot for 250,000-400,000 people. I remember the massive crowd at City Hall after SB25. Canalside is a place you'd want to hold it but is it large enough? Then of course there's Orchard Park. Plenty large but few if any amenities. People will need to eat, drink and relieve themselves. No to mention get in and out.

Downtown is likely the spot where it would go. Utilizing canalside and the cobblestone district. That would be my best guess. 

could also do OP considering the new stadium being there. As well as the old stadium or in place of the old stadium after its torn down. I would expect food trucks, some on site make shift organization bars, etc. it’s a perfect way to for the Bills to get the City/county/state to pay for even more things. They will push for additional help to ensure things go well and some buildings, amenities in place for the draft on the old stadium site. So they can use it after the draft is over and the lot is parking and some other tailgate ideas moving forward. 

If I think 250-400k is likely on the high side. Just because Detroit and some of the cities have been massive, doesn’t mean that every one has to be. But I wouldn’t bet against it. Bills fans travel very well. You’d likely get a ton of Bills fans outside of Buffalo traveling to the area. As well as 31 other teams fans. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

Downtown is likely the spot where it would go. Utilizing canalside and the cobblestone district. That would be my best guess. 

could also do OP considering the new stadium being there. As well as the old stadium or in place of the old stadium after its torn down. I would expect food trucks, some on site make shift organization bars, etc. it’s a perfect way to for the Bills to get the City/county/state to pay for even more things. They will push for additional help to ensure things go well and some buildings, amenities in place for the draft on the old stadium site. So they can use it after the draft is over and the lot is parking and some other tailgate ideas moving forward. 

If I think 250-400k is likely on the high side. Just because Detroit and some of the cities have been massive, doesn’t mean that every one has to be. But I wouldn’t bet against it. Bills fans travel very well. You’d likely get a ton of Bills fans outside of Buffalo traveling to the area. As well as 31 other teams fans. 

I could see a lot of us transplants coming back into town for this. I already told my wife that a Super Bowl parade would be non-negotiable. She can stay home if she wants. But I'm going!

57 minutes ago, mrags said:

The only thing that’s shocking about this is they aren’t looking to host the draft in 2027. The first possible draft after the stadium is complete. 

I think 2028 was the first year that some team hasn't already said they were bidding for. Plus it gives them a year in the new digs to iron out kinks. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

I could see a lot of us transplants coming back into town for this. I already told my wife that a Super Bowl parade would be non-negotiable. She can stay home if she wants. But I'm going!

Right. Exactly. I think the fan base is so well travelled because the area itself. Buffalo is such a great hometown city. People love it here. It’s just not the place to be. It’s. It a place for a whole lot of opportunities. But it does have that hometown feel to it. So many people leave but keep their love of home/Buffalo. And because of that, the love and feelings for Buffalo is spread all over. Creating more and more fans just because people are in awe of how passionate we are as a fan base. Again, this isn’t just pride in the football team. It’s pride in the city. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I believe the dome won't be completed until 2028

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

After shaking hands with Goodell, the top picks jump from the dais to crash on tables. Make it happen, NFL.

With the Bills luck, ACL tear!

I'd be fine with Goodell jumping on one though!

40 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They'll probably award it to Buffalo, but require that it be held in London, England...

🤔🤨😡

Don't give them any ideas!

Edited by sunshynman
words
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They'll probably award it to Buffalo, but require that it be held in London, England...

🤔🤨😡

That is where Jacksonville will host their draft once they get one.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sunshynman said:

If this leads to your divorce, well…….I could live with that! 😋

EDIT: I kid, of course. 

Mostly……

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

In today’s BN, Bills officials are quoted that if awarded they would hold the draft on stadium property.  

So that could be anywhere from the new stadium, to the old stadium before it’s torn down, to the parking lots, to the space where the old stadium used to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

I have an empty credit card that is earmarked for travel to Buffalo for the Super Bowl celebration. Had it for 4 years, never put a single charge on it, lfg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.