RIP Larry Allen

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Maybe the greatest olineman to ever play the game. 

One of the best w Anthony Munoz and maybe John Hannah Dwight Stephenson and Mike Webster, at least in the modern era.  That is too bad.  The guy was like one of those houses being towed on the highway that say wide load.  RIP.  

Anyone know cause of death?

44 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

One of the best w Anthony Munoz and maybe John Hannah Dwight Stephenson and Mike Webster, at least in the modern era.  That is too bad.  The guy was like one of those houses being towed on the highway that say wide load.  RIP.  

Anyone know cause of death?

Never forget to add Willie Roaf in there.

(My personal favorite)

Posted (edited)

I was never a fan of the Cowboys, ever. That said, they had some GREAT linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys lile Smith, Dorsett, Irving and Aikman seemed to get all the credit but the likes of Larry Allen, Leon Lett, and Erik Williams were flat out scary.

I have never seen a right tackle as good as Erik Williams and I'm not sure there ever was one even in his class.  Jason Peters was our right tackle for a season before moving to LT and imo he was the best player on the team (so of course he was traded). Peters was a superstar but again, Erik Williams was in a class by himself, as was Larry Allen.

Jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Maybe the greatest olineman to ever play the game. 

I forgot Bennett ended his career with the Colts. As Maddens says, Allen knocks him right out of the picture on the touchdown. Way too young, RIP. 

18 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Never forget to add Willie Roaf in there.

(My personal favorite)

Good call CB  on Willie Roaf.  He was real good for the Saints.  Played a long time ago.  1993-2005.  I always remember him having a huge upper body, and his legs looked real skinny like he would topple.  lol   But he was a stud.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.