Jefferson gets paid: 4yr, $140m contract signed

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

with a 1st round pick, yeah.  And McCarthy has about 1000 questions around him.  Not a sure-fire NFL starter.  

well having Jefferson/Addison/Hockenson to throw at can only help

these moves don't get made in a vacuum.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

agree the WR room is stocked.  But that Jefferson money becomes an issue very quickly if wins don't follow.  No money for Addison/Hockenson when their Ks are up, or money for FA OL, DL, etc.  

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

drafting elite talent at important positions and then paying them top money/trading them for picks is what your FO should aspire to

unless you are one of those that thinks WRs are the new RB

Absolutely.

The saying in the scouting world is you have to find talent, you have to draft talent, you have to develop talent and then you have to sign the talent long term.

Not sure what this has to do with anything I have said though.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

agree the WR room is stocked.  But that Jefferson money becomes an issue very quickly if wins don't follow.  No money for Addison/Hockenson when their Ks are up, or money for FA OL, DL, etc.  

i mean what kind of wins are we talking about...i think you can say the same for every team in the league except the chiefs

is no team supposed to pay anybody? how are teams supposed to get better

2 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Will the bengals be able to pay Chase and Burrow?

Good question. Since the RB has been reduced dramatically recently, WRs have reaped the benefit. No, I don’t think they can because, like us, the reached a high level before the RB implosion and new $$ kicked in. jmo.

Just now, mrags said:

Yet they still haven’t addressed the WR position in the draft. 1 guy in rd 2 is not addressing the position imo 

They got a pass catcher in round 1 last year in Kincaid. So back to back years their top picks have been a pass catcher. It's a good start especially when they have a nice mid-round find in Shakir and signed a solid mid-level WR free agent in Samuel. I do agree that they maybe could have done more in terms of WR in the draft. I wouldn't have minded Troy Franklin in round 3 to help add some speed to the WR core. But I also think the difference year 1 between Franklin and MVS is likely to be marginal. 

We aren't too far apart on opinion here but I am mostly saying that the front office appears to have shifted in philosophy with drafting 3 out of their last 4 picks in rounds 1-2 on offense. I also think resigning Dawkins was their biggest extension of the off-season and they also made two very savvy acquisitions in the mid round this year with SVPG and Davis both of whom I think will fit nicely on the offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

and much like Houston the system they run is built to be as logan paulson said about Shanahan's offense, if the qb has any idea what he is doing the offense is idiot proof. 

the vikings run McVay's version of Shanahan's offense.  They will be good on offense if the QB is just average.  

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not with this run first, ground and pound offense that McDooper is creating 

The Bills in no way are a ground and pound offense.

They as a unit...O-Line, Backs and Tight Ends should have an excellent running game though.  

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

and much like Houston the system they run is built to be as logan paulson said about Shanahan's offense, if the qb has any idea what he is doing the offense is idiot proof. 

the vikings run McVay's version of Shanahan's offense.  They will be good on offense if the QB is just average.  

you are referring to mike as opposed to kyle i assume

regardless, even the top offensive minds in the game concede you need significant talent on that side of the ball...there is a lot of football that just comes down to beating the guy lining up from you

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They got a pass catcher in round 1 last year in Kincaid. So back to back years their top picks have been a pass catcher. It's a good start especially when they have a nice mid-round find in Shakir and signed a solid mid-level WR free agent in Samuel. I do agree that they maybe could have done more in terms of WR in the draft. I wouldn't have minded Troy Franklin in round 3 to help add some speed to the WR core. But I also think the difference year 1 between Franklin and MVS is likely to be marginal. 

We aren't too far apart on opinion here but I am mostly saying that the front office appears to have shifted in philosophy with drafting 3 out of their last 4 picks in rounds 1-2 on offense. I also think resigning Dawkins was their biggest extension of the off-season and they also made two very savvy acquisitions in the mid round this year with SVPG and Davis both of whom I think will fit nicely on the offense. 

I LOVE SVPG!!! Really like Davis. 

And I do agree that in year 1 of rookie Franklin or anyone else for that matter (Coleman included) won’t make a difference. At least not one as much as MVS or even Claypool imo (assuming he gets his head in straight). But I’m not talking about 1 year. I’m talking g about the future of this team. We got ourselves in trouble because of this. Guys like Miller never materialized to what we needed. A different approach is needed. Even though a complete overhaul was NEEDED in the WR room imo, we did it in a way that made no sense. 

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The Bills in no way are a ground and pound offense.

They as a unit...O-Line, Backs and Tight Ends should have an excellent running game though.  

They aren’t going to be a power run offense. But they are going to a run heavy team imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.