86th in catch %

21st in first downs

In 2019 he was:

46th in receptions

17th in yards

27th in TD

96th in catch %

36th in first downs

in the same time Jefferson is pretty much top 10 in every category. He literally has never had a season with less than 1k yards and that includes last season where he missed 7 games. Other than that he’s never been under 1400 yards. Comparing the 2 is comical. 

One freaking guy? Back to my original argument. We need to replace players we lost. We’ve not done that. 

You’re comparing Diggs to Jefferson. I didn’t. I said Diggs was an elite WR. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re comparing Diggs to Jefferson. I didn’t. I said Diggs was an elite WR. 

And those rankings prove that he was not 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Certain people use this board to just spew their inherent negativity.   Daily.  About the same *****. 

Yet here you are, reading it 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Except they keep double dipping and triple dipping (including FAs like Miller, Jones, Floyd) in the DL and they still suck when it comes down in the playoffs. But that’s an argument for McDermott being a scared little girl and not being aggressive enough as well as his 17 man rotation on the DL. Mitigating the pickups in the first place. 

well that's the rub right....You can not miss on high picks or it sets you back and creates situations like the bills (and most everyone else) have where you have pressing needs for difference makers at multiple positions at the same time.  

I applaud them for going and getting miller but it has been a complete disaster.  They get an A for effort but it hasn't made a dime's bit of difference in the big picture and now this year Miller is actually hurting the team.  Hopefully he can do something and be worthy of being active on gameday at least.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

well that's the rub right....You can not miss on high picks or it sets you back and creates situations like the bills (and most everyone else) have where you have pressing needs for difference makers at multiple positions at the same time.  

I applaud them for going and getting miller but it has been a complete disaster.  They get an A for effort but it hasn't made a dime's bit of difference in the big picture and now this year Miller is actually hurting the team.  Hopefully he can do something and be worthy of being active on gameday at least.

Point is. They were fairly strong at WR with Davis and Diggs in this team. Many were calling for WRs for years. Knowing that it wouldn’t last. The idea is to have someone waiting in the wings to take over. We didn’t do that. Then we got rid of our top 2 targets over the past 3 years and replaced them with 1 rookie that is unknown. A guy that drops a ton of passes. A headcase. And another guy that has never sniffed 1k yards. Oh, and a guy that’s a career STs guy. 

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

you applaud the bills signing miller but not the vikings extending jefferson

sounds about right

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Point is. They were fairly strong at WR with Davis and Diggs in this team. Many were calling for WRs for years. Knowing that it wouldn’t last. The idea is to have someone waiting in the wings to take over. We didn’t do that. Then we got rid of our top 2 targets over the past 3 years and replaced them with 1 rookie that is unknown. A guy that drops a ton of passes. A headcase. And another guy that has never sniffed 1k yards. Oh, and a guy that’s a career STs guy. 

I hear ya.

I like this offense personally.  I think when the season starts they are going to press defenses all over the field.  I am in love with Ray Davis and can't wait to see him.  I believe Davis is going to earn a big role here and will get a ton of carries and snaps.  I think they have plenty of weapons as long as the offensive line is healthy and Allen is healthy.  It will take time to get going and I have high hopes for Coleman in the future but for this year I think he will have a role but will underwhelm statistically, but the offense as a whole as one unit will be excellent.

I think the shortcomings on this team are up front on defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

sounds about right

How many folks in this thread laughing at the Vikings loved the Diggs extension for top 5 money 2 years ago? 

90% conservatively. 

Just now, mrags said:

Except they keep double dipping and triple dipping (including FAs like Miller, Jones, Floyd) in the DL and they still suck when it comes down in the playoffs. But that’s an argument for McDermott being a scared little girl and not being aggressive enough as well as his 17 man rotation on the DL. Mitigating the pickups in the first place. 

They have corrected course in 2023/24 as they haven't invested much in the defense by way of the draft and free agency. Hopefully they continue that course. 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I hear ya.

I like this offense personally.  I think when the season starts they are going to press defenses all over the field.  I am in love with Ray Davis and can't wait to see him.  I believe Davis is going to earn a big role here and will get a ton of carries and snaps.  I think they have plenty of weapons as long as the offensive line is healthy and Allen is healthy.  It will take time to get going and I have high hopes for Coleman in the future but for this year I think he will have a role but will underwhelm statistically, but the offense as a whole as one unit will be excellent.

I think the shortcomings on this team are up front on defense.  

We generally agree. I like Davis a lot but don’t see him having that much of an impact. At least not this season. Probably not until they let Cook walk. I agree with the assessment on offense. I’m not very high on Coleman however. But I think we’ll be just fine. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that an elite WR talent at WR would make them even better. It would make Allen better. It would make the other WRs better. It would make the running game better. Hell, it would make the defense better as they could pin their ears back and go eat QBs as teams will be playing from behind with all the points we’d be putting up on people. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

sounds about right

Well I never said that about the vikings.  I am referring to his deal in terms of having to trade for a guy like that and give up resources and then paying him.  

The vikings did what they have to do.  They had to pay him.  They are staring at last place and an angry fanbase this season if the qb they drafted turns out to be poor.  If I ran the vikings I would have traded jefferson, and if reports are true they tried to repeatedly leading up to the draft and wanted to take nabers but no one would trade knowing the contract Jefferson wanted.

so yea I applaud the Bills for taking the shot on Miller and I completely understand why the Vikings paid Jefferson.  Again they had to.  

now for the bills sake I hope the vikings win 4 games next year and the qb is awful.  That second round pick becoming a top 6 or 8 pick would be incredible.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

did the drought era Bills ever take a QB w a top10 pick?

with a 1st round pick, yeah.  And McCarthy has about 1000 questions around him.  Not a sure-fire NFL starter.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They have corrected course in 2023/24 as they haven't invested much in the defense by way of the draft and free agency. Hopefully they continue that course. 

Yet they still haven’t addressed the WR position in the draft. 1 guy in rd 2 is not addressing the position imo 

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Well I never said that about the vikings.  I am referring to his deal in terms of having to trade for a guy like that and give up resources and then paying him.  

The vikings did what they have to do.  They had to pay him.  They are staring at last place and an angry fanbase this season if the qb they drafted turns out to be poor.  If I ran the vikings I would have traded jefferson, and if reports are true they tried to repeatedly leading up to the draft and wanted to take nabers but no one would trade knowing the contract Jefferson wanted.

so yea I applaud the Bills for taking the shot on Miller and I completely understand why the Vikings paid Jefferson.  Again they had to.  

now for the bills sake I hope the vikings win 4 games next year and the qb is awful.  That second round pick becoming a top 6 or 8 pick would be incredible.  

drafting elite talent at important positions and then paying them top money/trading them for picks is what your FO should aspire to

unless you are one of those that thinks WRs are the new RB

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.