Jefferson gets paid: 4yr, $140m contract signed

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

6? They could get 20 of those guys and it still wouldn’t matter. 

Just like having 1 of Jefferson.  It hasn't mattered.  They have won nothing.  He has made the playoffs once and got outscored by a Daniel Jones led Offense at home.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hopefully this results in an absolutely lousy team that has an early draft pick in the second round for us to use. 😋

It really should.  They are going to get hammered in that division.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Correct me if I am wrong, Justin Jefferson is at 31.94 mil/yr. He makes more money than all the skilled players on the Bills offense combined, excluding Josh Allen. Come to think of it, excluding Dawkins, you could throw in the balance of our Oline.

30 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Signing a super elite WR before you have the QB room in hand seems like putting the cart before the horse, but what do I know?

Without a massive salary cap increase, I don't see how this WR trend is tenable. 

The best thing to do when you have a young QB is give him great targets so he can reach his potential.

We did the exact same thing with Josh and Diggs lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Chase approves this message 

Keon's cousin in Dallas must have spiked a football when he saw this today.  He is going to get the same money as jefferson I bet.

3 minutes ago, gjv said:

Correct me if I am wrong, Justin Jefferson is at 31.94 mil/yr. He makes more money than all the skilled players on the Bills offense combined, excluding Josh Allen. Come to think of it, excluding Dawkins, you could throw in the balance of our Oline.

Sure but they would probably trade us JJ and Addison for MVS, Claypool, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel. 5 good targets are better than 2 great ones, or so I’ve been told.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gjv said:

It would have been news if we was not the highest paid non QB on offense.  You can play the game of compare and contrast rosters about AAV, what is the point.  Josh Allen's AAV is more than Jefferson and the Vikings QB's probably.   How do you want to slice it?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure but they would probably trade us JJ and Addison for MVS, Claypool, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel. 5 good targets are better than 2 great ones, or so I’ve been told.

No you haven’t -  please show me the quote

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Just like having 1 of Jefferson.  It hasn't mattered.  They have won nothing.  He has made the playoffs once and got outscored by a Daniel Jones led Offense at home.

It really should.  They are going to get hammered in that division.  

Cool. Did he have Josh Allen as his QB? Was he on a supposedly far superior team like the Bills? 

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I was being somewhat facetious 

It’s so hard to tell from the people on this msg board sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Cool. Did he have Josh Allen as his QB? Was he on a supposedly far superior team like the Bills? 

well kirk cousins threw for 4500 yards, 29 td's and 14 interceptions and won at buffalo in that same 22 season.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

well kirk cousins threw for 4500 yards, 29 td's and 14 interceptions and won at buffalo in that same 22 season.

Yup. He’s great. Maybe we should trade Allen for him. Hell, if he was still in the Vikings and we offered them Allen for JJ AND Cousins they would not only do it in a heartbeat they’d probably throw in an extra first rounder because we’re so stupid they would feel bad for us. 

42 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Signing a super elite WR before you have the QB room in hand seems like putting the cart before the horse, but what do I know?

Without a massive salary cap increase, I don't see how this WR trend is tenable. 

What they need to do now is get in a position to get a QB, having Jefferson for him would be good, but really right now it's a game of burning his value as time goes by without the QB they need or using one of the biggest assets they have to get in that position. But it's not like they're in a position to make that decision right now, they will probably pick high next draft, but they're already missing a 2nd round pick, still need to see how the rest of the order is going to shake out, and if there is even a QB candidate they're interested in this draft. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yup. He’s great. Maybe we should trade Allen for him. Hell, if he was still in the Vikings and we offered them Allen for JJ AND Cousins they would not only do it in a heartbeat they’d probably throw in an extra first rounder because we’re so stupid they would feel bad for us. 

I feel like we have our signals crossed.  I have been mostly joking around about the importance of a #1 wr but it seems you are serious.  I need to reread what you wrote and thats on me...

for the record.  Jefferson is a great player but I will go to my deathbed in believing that it is just a glory position and not high on the list of importance in winning a championship.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I feel like we have our signals crossed.  I have been mostly joking around about the importance of a #1 wr but it seems you are serious.  I need to reread what you wrote and thats on me...

for the record.  Jefferson is a great player but I will go to my deathbed in believing that it is just a glory position and not high on the list of importance in winning a championship.

Yes. You can say that for literally any position with the exception of QB in the NFL. But the point is you need a QB that is good enough, and you need to give him weapons to throw to and actually be effective. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.