Jefferson gets paid: 4yr, $140m contract signed

$35M AAV, yikes. If I was GM I’d much rather take the Packers approach, where I have a stable of young, cheap, and good WRs, versus one commanding that amount. Jefferson is a great talent, likely a future first ballot HoFer, but that’s A LOT of money to tie into a position that’s dependent on the QB. Oh well, it’s not the Bills money. Receivers around the NFL rejoice!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10

Just now, Brand J said:

$35M AAV, yikes. If I was GM I’d much rather take the Packers approach, where I have a stable of young, cheap, and good WRs, versus one commanding that amount. Jefferson is a great talent, likely a future first ballot HoFer, but that’s A LOT of money to tie into a position that’s dependent on the QB. Oh well, it’s not the Bills money. Receivers around the NFL rejoice!

The Vikings also have cheap good WRs. And they aren’t paying their QB Jordan Love money anytime soon,

• Like (+1) 2

Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs looking at their contracts like...

stare-sam-jackson.gif

Good for Jefferson, though. Everyone knew he would reset the market. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Signing a super elite WR before you have the QB room in hand seems like putting the cart before the horse, but what do I know?

Without a massive salary cap increase, I don't see how this WR trend is tenable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So stupid. They could have easily replaced him with guys like Mack Hollins, Justin Shorter, Chase Claypool, MVS, and Kalil Shakir. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 28
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

So stupid. They could have easily replaced him with guys like Mack Hollins, Justin Shorter, Chase Claypool,VS, and Kalil Shakir. 

Well, they would’ve cumulatively paid that group less money. So, the Bills are getting a 6 for the price of 1 deal.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Well, they would’ve cumulatively paid that group less money. So, the Bills are getting a 6 for the price of 1 deal.

6? They could get 20 of those guys and it still wouldn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is probably the one guy that deserves this money. But how do you build a team with so much money tied to one wide receiver? 

Hopefully this results in an absolutely lousy team that has an early draft pick in the second round for us to use. 😋

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Justin Jefferson gets. 4 year, $140m contact with $110m guaranteed. Most ever by a non-qb

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-signing-wr-justin-jefferson-to-four-year-140-million-contract-extension

This contract is setup perfectly imo, So this should be exactly close to the time J.J. McCarthy's contract is up, Jefferson should propel him in his first couple years and if J.J. is as good as the Vikings hope he'll be they can do the Packers approach while still having Jefferson on the roster and then let him walk or trade him in his last year. 

Bengals are about to get destroyed when Chase gets paid.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.