Do you ever call your friends bro?

On 6/3/2024 at 6:33 PM, Gugny said:

I’ll use “brother,” but not bro.  

I think “brother” is more of a term of endearment and I have no problem saying it or being on the receiving end. 

I'll use either on occasion, but neither on a regular basis and both as terms of endearment when I do. I doubt I'd use either if I actually had a brother. 

On the other hand, I've never called anyone (including my sister) Sis. But I will on occasion say something like 'you got that right sister!" to my wife.

38 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Serious question @ExiledInIllinois - is 'bro boat' in your lexicon? Or was that some made up sh!t by a tour guide on a boat tour I took in your neck of the woods a few years back? 

I never heard of it! 

I did have a dude in a pretty decent size cabin cruiser (old POS boat) come thru lock today. He was floundering pretty badly on one-engine.

He said he was going to pick up his boyfriend.  I guess that's gonna be a "bro boat"... Hate to imagine what takes place on that boat... Not there is anything wrong with that. LoL... I guess what ever floats their boat! 😏 

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I never heard of it! 

I did have a dude in a pretty decent size cabin cruiser (old POS boat) come thru lock today. He was floundering pretty badly on one-engine.

He said he was going to pick up his boyfriend.  I guess that's gonna be a "bro boat"... Hate to imagine what takes place on that boat... Not there is anything wrong with that. LoL... I guess what ever floats their boat! 😏 

The context was a bunch of (young) guys partying on a smaller boat and being oblivious to anyone else not doing the same. Tour guide was funny, probably just his shtick, but since we locked into the Chicago river was wondering if it was a thing - and who better to ask than you.

49 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

The context was a bunch of (young) guys partying on a smaller boat and being oblivious to anyone else not doing the same. Tour guide was funny, probably just his shtick, but since we locked into the Chicago river was wondering if it was a thing - and who better to ask than you.

Not sure. I have been downtown @ Chicago Harbor and worked it only a few times. I am at the other lock Chicago... On Calumet we do 10s 1,000 of pleasure craft... But it's not as crazy as the crazy days downtown.  It is a bit congested on Chicago River and lock there is 60% smaller... I can imagine the tour boat guide was right! Get one boat deviating from norm, kinda jazzes up the flow of traffic.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/3/2024 at 10:10 AM, Augie said:

Never. 

I worked with a guy who called everyone “guy”. Like “hey, guy, how you doing?” He just couldn’t remember other people’s names. 

I’m not your guy, friend!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.