Hunter Biden trial starts today

Just curious how many of our 2nd Amendment backing posters are hoping Hunter spends up to 25 years in prison for ever using drugs, and applying for/possessing a gun.  It's not hard to imagine that this would apply to literally millions of fellow Americans, especially those caught up in the Sackler opioid epidemic in our country.  The way the prosecutor is stating the case, if you EVER have done an illegal drug(including marijuana), then you should not be allowed to possess a gun:

"On October 12, 2018, when the defendant filled out that form, he knew he was a drug addict," prosecutor Derek Hines said during opening statements this week. "The law does not require us to prove that he was using drugs on that very day. Just that he knew he was a drug user or a drug addict." 

Is this selective prosecution?  Have they went after every person who was convicted of possessing/using drugs, that owns a firearm, because it seems like a slam dunk to me if so?  I'm not team Hunter, but this seems like it could be politically motivated.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Just curious how many of our 2nd Amendment backing posters are hoping Hunter spends up to 25 years in prison for ever using drugs, and applying for/possessing a gun.  It's not hard to imagine that this would apply to literally millions of fellow Americans, especially those caught up in the Sackler opioid epidemic in our country.  The way the prosecutor is stating the case, if you EVER have done an illegal drug(including marijuana), then you should not be allowed to possess a gun:

"On October 12, 2018, when the defendant filled out that form, he knew he was a drug addict," prosecutor Derek Hines said during opening statements this week. "The law does not require us to prove that he was using drugs on that very day. Just that he knew he was a drug user or a drug addict." 

Is this selective prosecution?  Have they went after every person who was convicted of possessing/using drugs, that owns a firearm, because it seems like a slam dunk to me if so?  I'm not team Hunter, but this seems like it could be politically motivated.  

Gee, I wonder what other recent trials have been politically motivated.

The lack of self awareness is astounding with you left wingers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So, we're in agreement this looks that way?  My awareness is telling me that right wingers aren't seeing it this way.  The difference between this and trumps trial is that it could seem to be EXACTLY what the trump defense is claiming that his trial was, but isn't.  Very few people could be accused/charged of falsifying business records to alter an election.  LITERALLY MILLIONS of people could be convicted for up to 25 years for applying for, or owning a gun who have smoked weed or other drugs in the past.  I'd be willing to bet almost every person in America knows someone who has done it.  Heck, there's people doing it AS WE SPEAK.  

12 hours ago, daz28 said:

So, we're in agreement this looks that way?  My awareness is telling me that right wingers aren't seeing it this way.  The difference between this and trumps trial is that it could seem to be EXACTLY what the trump defense is claiming that his trial was, but isn't.  Very few people could be accused/charged of falsifying business records to alter an election.  LITERALLY MILLIONS of people could be convicted for up to 25 years for applying for, or owning a gun who have smoked weed or other drugs in the past.  I'd be willing to bet almost every person in America knows someone who has done it.  Heck, there's people doing it AS WE SPEAK.  

I think you’re probably correct—the number of extraordinarily wealthy lawyers/meth addicts trafficking in firearms while banging through meth like a bag of Fritos, losing track of the gun and having his brothers widow/slam puppy discard the gun in a shopping bag (recycled, so that’s a plus) near a middle school, offered a sweetheart deal on a number of different apparently criminal acts  has to be in the tens of thousands. 

#freehunterbiden

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

No trial I can think of. All lies.

• Haha (+1) 2

Hunter Biden’s Daughter's Testimony
Epically Backfires on Defense

by Matt Margolis

I don’t doubt that Hunter's oldest daughter, Naomi, hoped to help her father convince jurors that he wasn't using drugs when he bought a gun in 2018 and lied a federal form by swearing he wasn't a drug user. I’m sure Hunter’s legal team thought it was a great idea too. And why not? Who better than his adult daughter to make him appear more sympathetic, right? Well, it turned out to be a gross miscalculation. Why? Because the prosecution's line of questioning ultimately disproved her testimony claiming he wasn’t an addict at the time he purchased the gun. 

https://www.lucianne.com/2024/06/08/hunter_bidens_daughters_testimony_epically_backfires_on_defense_130003.html

On 6/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think you’re probably correct—the number of extraordinarily wealthy lawyers/meth addicts trafficking in firearms while banging through meth like a bag of Fritos, losing track of the gun and having his brothers widow/slam puppy discard the gun in a shopping bag (recycled, so that’s a plus) near a middle school, offered a sweetheart deal on a number of different apparently criminal acts  has to be in the tens of thousands. 

#freehunterbiden

HUH???  Is he charged with being a wealthy lawyer or someone else ditching the gun on him???  I posted what the prosecutor LITERALLY said he was being charged for: "Just that he knew he was a drug user"-  Now, how many gun owners/applicants do you think that this could apply to?  

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Lots and lots.

All regular MJ users are presumptively banned from acquiring firearms.

So you're saying that despite all the complete lies and speculation Leo made to distract, this actually COULD be the crime that trump claimed could be applied to everyday Americans.  It's really scary that the people who think the democrats are trying to disarm them aren't alarmed and panicked by this.

Leo used to be somewhat rational.  I'm downright concerned about NCKaren's well-being.  The slippery slope is them sliding into madness.  Leo's false/misleading trump like claims:

He was "trafficking" firearms.  LOL

"banging through meth" speculation

Having the widow "discard" the gun.-He told her it was the dumbest thing anyone ever did

"Lost track of"-She outright took it.  It's not unusual for others in the house to have access for protection in the event the owner isn't home.

Michael Cohen is 10x more credible a witness than he is. 

Edited by daz28

Check Out This DAMNING 'Mega Thread' of Evidence Admitted So FAR in Hunter Biden Trial

6cb80846-94ca-412c-9581-a201e2ed84a7-105

Since we all know we can't rely on the mainstream media to adequately inform us of what's happening during the Hunter Biden gun trial, Mia Cathell was good enough to put together what she calls a 'mega-thread' of all the evidence that has been admitted thus far in the trial.

When you look at it this way ... yeah, it's not good, no matter how many Democrats try to insist these charges are NEVER the top charges in a case.

Take a look:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/10/mega-thread-of-hunter-biden-evidence-n2397141