The 77 second Miracle in 1990, Broncos at Bills

Posted (edited)

A true classic. I -and all who were in attendance will never forget it! Then we followed this game up with a last minute, come from behind Home win vs the Jets, then SNF Home game vs the Raiders -where we came from behind again in the 4th quarter. We KNEW then this would be a special season -a Super Season.

Enjoy!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Chandler#81 changed the title to The 77 second Miracle in 1990, Broncos at Bills

Instant replays of highlights with social media and forums like this have their benefits.  

But stuff like this over 30 years ago still seems epic watching it.  I think to me because a lot of the present technology wasn’t around then.  

• Like (+1) 2

Was home for the weekend from college so I went to my friend's house before heading back and he was watching the game.  I wasn't so much a fan of watching sports at the time and they were losing big so I decided to head back to school.  I got back and my roommates (a Giants fan and a Packers fan) congratulated me on the win.  I thought there was no way they could have won, but sure enough they did.  And that and the rest of the season turned me into a big sports fan.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

A true classic. I -and all who were in attendance will never forget it! Then we followed this game up with a last minute, come from behind Home win vs the Jets, then SNF Home game vs the Raiders -where we came from behind again in the 4th quarter. We KNEW then this would be a special season -a Super Season.

Enjoy!

The Broncos and Raiders games were actually in back-to-back weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

After some sketchy performances including a blowout loss to the Dolphins, and these two home games which needed miracles, the team went on a roll and played the best football seen in the franchise’s existence  post merger.  The miracle games gave the team belief in itself, and team became visibly better. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

After some sketchy performances including a blowout loss at home to the Dolphins, and these two home games which needed miracles, the team went on a roll and played the best football seen in the franchise’s existence  post merger.  The miracle games gave the team belief in itself, and team became visibly better. 

I don't want to be *that* guy, but I guess that I am ....the Bills got blown out by Miami in Week 2, at Miami, and responding by blowing out the Jets at the Meadowlands on MNF in Week 3, led by Thurman Thomas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I like that direct snap to the RB play they called a few times.

One of my main takeaways watching this game is just how much spread offense concepts have changed the game. Back then it was deep drops by the QB and vertical concepts. It led to a lot of big plays, including lots of sacks and turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at this game and have been to many Bills games, home and away, over the years, including the comeback playoff win against Houston.  This short segment of time was the loudest, craziest, most raucous crowd I have ever experienced at a Bills game (or any other sporting event, for that matter).  I'll never forget it!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Enjoy!

Thx for posting - I really miss Bruce smith from those days.  He was always special to watch as he played at his craft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

One of the greatest games I've ever been to. There with Pops and we'll both never forget it. And yes, we all knew then how special that team was, and then solidified it after that Raiders win soon after!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.