Strangest Place to see a Bills Fan; YouTube Beardmeetsfood.

Shamrock

Posted (edited)

My kids will watch this guy eat challenges. I know. In this one in Wilmington Nth Carolina, at about the 5min mark, a Bills fan jumps in for a selfie. My kids call for me to watch because there’s a Bills fan!  
What’s the strangest place/ show you’ve seen a Bills fan?

Edited by Shamrock

I did not actually meet the fan, but I was doing an install at a Wendy's out in New Mexico.  In the manager's office I noticed a memo from their regional manager hanging on the wall about upcoming promotions, changes, etc.  At the bottom was a blurb about Ralph Wilson passing recently.  I asked one of the employees and they told me the RM is a Bills fan and is always putting a note about the Bills at the end of his memos.  

• Like (+1) 1

Was just in Spain and saw this big ol' German tourist walking towards me wearing a Bills shirt (well, I can't PROVE he was German, but he woulda looked right at home in lederhosen at a bier hall).  Gave him a Go Bills!   Got nothing so I had time for one more, Go Bills!!!

Nothing.  He was either deaf, had no idea what I was saying, or no idea what he was wearing.  )

• Haha (+1) 3

Last week I was in ST Kitts over the Memorial Day Weekend. While at the swimup pool bar I met a Bills fan from New Hampshire (If I recall correctly, there were several Mai Tis). She was wearing the Standing Buffalo with the 1960 date.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One time when staying in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, we took a bus to Mislmaloya. From the beach there we rode horses up the trails of the Sierra Madre along a river where people still washed their clothes in a river. At the top was El Eden, before it was commercialized and there was a guy wearing a Bills shirt. Apparently it was swag that was unused after the Bills lost in a Super Bowl, and the shirts ended up in third world charities. The man did not speak English or even know who the Bills are. LOL

I was at the farmers market in the little town where my farm sells my meat. I saw a guy that had a Bills Backers shirt on from the NC Coast. I went up and said Go Bills....

Ok... Right? 

"No, I'm a Giants fan." "But, your shirt." "Yeah I was out at the coast last week and went to this really cool bar with people from Upstate. They had it all decorated in Buffalo stuff. It was really cool. I wanted to support them and this was a cool shirt."

I guess I get it but still was odd to have another fan wear another teams stuff.

We talked football for a while but he didn't want my meat.

• Like (+1) 1

On all 8 of the cruises Mrs. Lew and I  have been on, we have met Bills fans. The most unique was in Iceland in 2022.  On that trip we also  met Bills fans in England, N. Ireland , Scotland and Wales.  The best one was as Bills fans we took over the bar on the ship in the Eastern Caribbean as the Bills beat the Dolphins last January.

• Like (+1) 1

1997, Grand Hyatt Hotel in Jakarta while wondering why I was at the hotel bar at 8am watching Monday Night Football on a Tuesday morning. The only other person there was a football fan who also happened to be a die hard Bills fan. It was a Chiefs game as I recall and the Bills had won the previous day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I was at the farmers market in the little town where my farm sells my meat. I saw a guy that had a Bills Backers shirt on from the NC Coast. I went up and said Go Bills....

Ok... Right? 

"No, I'm a Giants fan." "But, your shirt." "Yeah I was out at the coast last week and went to this really cool bar with people from Upstate. They had it all decorated in Buffalo stuff. It was really cool. I wanted to support them and this was a cool shirt."

I guess I get it but still was odd to have another fan wear another teams stuff.

We talked football for a while but he didn't want my meat.

Ummmm.........can you blame him?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, rockpile said:

One time when staying in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, we took a bus to Mislmaloya. From the beach there we rode horses up the trails of the Sierra Madre along a river where people still washed their clothes in a river. At the top was El Eden, before it was commercialized and there was a guy wearing a Bills shirt. Apparently it was swag that was unused after the Bills lost in a Super Bowl, and the shirts ended up in third world charities. The man did not speak English or even know who the Bills are. LOL

J. Peterman is that you?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Posted in another thread but probably more appropriate in this one.

Just back from a Caribbean cruise. We ran into a couple of Bills fans. Not as many on this ship as others.

One of them was from same High school (Frontier), but quite a few years younger.

Posted this an another thread. My  sister and her husband went to Europe  for a cruise and got back 7/4. Spent 3 days in Rome. Saw the Colosseum and they couldn't get a taxi back to their hotel so the walked the mile or so. They stopped into a place to get a drink and were talking. A woman and her adult daughter at the next table noticed they were Americans and they were too. Asked where they were from and they find out they were from WNY too! The adult daughter is the executive chef for the staff and the payers at Highmark Stadium!

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 3

This probably isn't the correct thread but I recently have been pondering if it is appropriate to say "Go Bills" to a fan repping Bills gear if I am not wearing any.

I have seen two random Bills fans in the last week (I live in Virginia.)  I have restrained from saying Go Bills as I am not wearing any Bills gear.  

Should I say, "Go Bills" no matter what?  Or only if I am in appropriate atire?

7 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

This probably isn't the correct thread but I recently have been pondering if it is appropriate to say "Go Bills" to a fan repping Bills gear if I am not wearing any.

I have seen two random Bills fans in the last week (I live in Virginia.)  I have restrained from saying Go Bills as I am not wearing any Bills gear.  

Yes absolutely! 

36 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

No matter what.