Couldn't Haack it. Matt released.

"Honey, the Bills released me and I don't know how to tell you this...... but it was because they needed room for a guy that never even played football before."

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There entire world knows that Haack will be back.

The guy is like a homing pigeon 

I compared him and AJ Klein to a spare tire.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

That was one move I never did understand, signing Haack - unless Sam Martin were contemplating retirement or they weren't sure he'd come back from whatever injury he had?

I figured the definitely wanted some competition for Martin in TC. Signing Haack meant they could do that if they didn't pick one or land one as an unrestricted FA after the draft. 

After landing a guy after the draft that not only means Haack lost his spot to a guy that never played football before in Stevenson...but he was also 3rd on the depth chart...at Punter. Not sure which is more embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Trev said:

When will Bass be released? Hes a bigger liability. 

I'll laugh for now, but if it is another 1990-1991 Norwood debacle then I will agree. Mentally he cannot go into the tank like poor Scotty did.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Wow they've got to feel good about the guy they brought in, as much as Haack did worry me having some early struggles last season he pulled it together down the stretch mostly. So for him to be out this early they have to be pretty comfortable rolling with the replacement over him.

Actually Martin has been our punter whoops.

Martin can't hold. I still believe much of our field goal issues last year were snap, catch, put down, hold, kick issues and not just Bass sucking.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dodging a bullet here. Hoping the UDFA punter makes the team. Youger/cheaper with kicking crossover.

Between needing room to sign Steveson and that rookie's ability to hold effectively on field goal attempts, Haack's fate was pretty much sealed.  It that rookie shows he can punt effectively, I think Martin's days are numbered too.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

"Honey, the Bills released me and I don't know how to tell you this...... but it was because they needed room for a guy that never even played football before."

I compared him and AJ Klein to a spare tire.

You mean one of those mini donut tires you can only drive 20 miles on?

8 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

The Bills may have done him a favor. By the time they cut the roster down to 53, they're only keeping one punter. The fact they released Haack so early in the process tells me that punter was very unlikely to be him. Now he's free to sign with some other team. Maybe he has a better shot of making that other team's final roster, than he would have had of making Buffalo's.

The fact they released Haack so early in the process tells me that the punter was absolutely not going to be him. Unlikely that they would have released him if he had an actual chance.

I can't believe, this journeyman punter with a noodle leg , for NFL standards 

Gets this much attention

3 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Martin can't hold. I still believe much of our field goal issues last year were snap, catch, put down, hold, kick issues and not just Bass sucking.

Holding is one of the most overblown aspects that this board cares about lol

Yeah it's important but the skill to learn it is vastly overrated and people here think it's challenging...

People said Corey b sucked at holding... I went through every single hold over his multiple years here and he didn't have laces in more than eight times... Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of holds eight times laces were in...

I haven't gone through Sam Martin's.. but I can guarantee you he did not have laces in more than a few times... And it doesn't even impact the kick much

It messes up the kicker's mind... Which shows they are the feeble one 

Corey b went to the browns and their kicker says he's the best holder he ever had.. but he was trash according to this board 

See how easy it is to learn to hold? You can go from trash to the best a kickers ever had fairly quick 

Any athlete can learn the skill and it's not tough... There's never been a punter who is cut because of his holding skills LOL they cut you for shanking 12-yard punts

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can't believe, this journeyman punter with a noodle leg , for NFL standards 

Gets this much attention

Holding is one of the most overblown aspects that this board cares about lol

Yeah it's important but the skill to learn it is vastly overrated and people here think it's challenging...

People said Corey b sucked at holding... I went through every single hold over his multiple years here and he didn't have laces in more than eight times... Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of holds eight times laces were in...

I haven't gone through Sam Martin's.. but I can guarantee you he did not have laces in more than a few times... And it doesn't even impact the kick much

It messes up the kicker's mind... Which shows they are the feeble one 

Corey b went to the browns and their kicker says he's the best holder he ever had.. but he was trash according to this board 

See how easy it is to learn to hold? You can go from trash to the best a kickers ever had fairly quick 

Any athlete can learn the skill and it's not tough... There's never been a punter who is cut because of his holding skills LOL they cut you for shanking 12-yard punts

just wondering what in the hell you’re waiting for?? Championships aren’t given to you

—they’re earned

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

just wondering what in the hell you’re waiting for?? Championships aren’t given to you

—they’re earned

Because the league consensus is that Sam Martin was a much better holder than Corey b 

And his holding struggles were overblown... He wasn't re signed because he would call his own fake field goal

And then shank off 21 yard punt ...

When Sam Martin was signed here our front office talked about his ability to hold lol which is funny... Because I want to hear about my punters ability to boom off 70 yard punts with hang time 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because the league consensus is that Sam Martin was a much better holder than Corey b 

And his holding struggles were overblown... He wasn't re signed because he would call his own fake field goal

And then shank off 21 yard punt ...

When Sam Martin was signed here our front office talked about his ability to hold lol which is funny... Because I want to hear about my punters ability to boom off 70 yard punts with hang time 

With your data and context, punter’s agents will get paid more: punters will get paid more.

The holder/punter “laces out”career/season/month/weather/home-away/turf-grass/indoors-out/Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4-OT/regular season-playoff percentages will fit squarely in the scoreboard graphic. 

Then, as you already know, a 54th roster spot is added. 

10 hours ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

It's gotta suck to get released for a guy who's never played football

At least it was for a guy who could snap him in half like a matchstick. It would suck even more if it was for a soccer player or something.

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

With your data and context, punter’s agents will get paid more: punters will get paid more.

The holder/punter “laces out”career/season/month/weather/home-away/turf-grass/indoors-out/Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4-OT/regular season-playoff percentages will fit squarely in the scoreboard graphic. 

Then, as you already know, a 54th roster spot is added. 

Listen kicking in Buffalo is not easy..  it's the hardest professional stadium to kick in statistically 

That means the Buffalo kicker.. needs a plus plus leg... With plus accuracy... And can kick with wind in his face or cross...

It's the windiest stadium in the league... With consistently some of the worst weather 

It's not easy... I'm not giving Tyler bass a pass... He's paid to make the kicks

But it's not like kicking in Indianapolis... Tyler bass already has a natural fade in his kicking motion... His ball moves left to right..  which is why he lines up on the left hash mark for Pat's 

He's never been great on the right hash mark which is where he took the kick from versus the Chiefs... He needs to improve from the right hash mark 

And cut down on the fade a bit

50 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

In that case my place on the roster is safe. When I punt the ball 12 yards, it goes straight ahead!

I still can't believe Haack almost single handedly lost that Jets game a couple years ago.  I think he had a 7 and 12 yard punt.  This team deserves a better punter and kicker. Bass gets one more year to turn it around.  Take a peek at Coughlin from the UFL....93%.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.