Couldn't Haack it. Matt released.

Posted (edited)

Wow they've got to feel good about the guy they brought in, as much as Haack did worry me having some early struggles last season he pulled it together down the stretch mostly. So for him to be out this early they have to be pretty comfortable rolling with the replacement over him.

Actually Martin has been our punter whoops.

Edited by Warcodered
Got them mixed up.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

It's gotta suck to get released for a guy who's never played football

The Bills may have done him a favor. By the time they cut the roster down to 53, they're only keeping one punter. The fact they released Haack so early in the process tells me that punter was very unlikely to be him. Now he's free to sign with some other team. Maybe he has a better shot of making that other team's final roster, than he would have had of making Buffalo's.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wow they've got to feel good about the guy they brought in, as much as Haack did worry me having some early struggles last season he pulled it together down the stretch mostly. So for him to be out this early they have to be pretty comfortable rolling with the replacement over him.

Wasn’t Martin the Punter last season? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dodging a bullet here. Hoping the UDFA punter makes the team. Youger/cheaper with kicking crossover.

The OTA reports were that the Bills were giving UDFA Jack Browning a lot of work holding with Bass and he was successful on all of his FG’s including a 70 yarder.  I think he has a legit chance to unseat Martin who faded badly last season and held during one of Bass’s worst seasons

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Wasn’t Martin the Punter last season? 

Yeah got them mixed up Haack was our punter in 21 and lost the job to Punt God who lost the job to the inevitable media monkey on his back, and Martin got the job that season. Haack came back last year on the PS which we'd already decided we'd needed to improve from him before.

• Eyeroll 1

According to the Bills web site, Haack had uniform #15.  Can't allow that to happen, they had to cut him.

The great Jack Kemp can rest in peace.

But Browning is wearing 30, which is not a good number for a punter.  Someone needs to fix this, pronto.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dodging a bullet here. Hoping the UDFA punter makes the team. Youger/cheaper with kicking crossover.

That was one move I never did understand, signing Haack - unless Sam Martin were contemplating retirement or they weren't sure he'd come back from whatever injury he had?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

There entire world knows that Haack will be back.

The guy is like a homing pigeon 

I sure hope he’s not carpooling with Klein! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills aren't punting this year.

Martin will still be a legend to me for not punting until game 2 with the Bills and the first 2 punts he had were both muffed by the opposing team 1st recovered by us 2nd one not so much but the ensuing drive ends with them fumbling to us anyway.

It was so ridiculous especially since it followed the New England Playoff no punt game and the KC coin flip game, was like the Bills don't punt but when they do they get the ball back anyway.

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 3:26 PM, Trev said:

When will Bass be released? Hes a bigger liability. 

Reliable kickers are hard to find. Be sure Bass is done before assuming the next guy will be better, unless they can sign Bates from the UFL. And even he missed some gimmes despite the big leg.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There entire world knows that Haack will be back.

The guy is like a homing pigeon 

Colton Schmidt must have taught him!

Good luck Holder God, M. Haack, I'm sure you'll be seen again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.