Gronkowski, Kelce, Graham, Ward - Why do fans want want a Randy Moss type?

Chaos

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I thought it was 0% when the cap hit numbers were wildly misunderstood around here.  

To be fair to Beane, I do not believe he ever intended last offseason to be looking at replacing both Diggs and Davis at the same time.  He drafted Kincaid knowing we needed new young weapons with Davis likely not being brought back.  And if we had Diggs, Keon, Kincaid, Shakir, Samuel everyone would be pretty stoked with that group.  

But, the Diggs situation produced a trade he couldn't turn down, getting the cap hit over with now and netting a 2nd round pick back was quite a bit for a WR with a rep who was on the wrong side of 30.  And with the emergence of Shakir and Kincaid last year, I think it made him more comfortable just making the move now, especially since we are already going young on the other side of the ball too.  

Beane knows he doesn't have the $31m dead cap hit on Diggs next year and he won't have Vons contract either.  Plus he has 2 second round picks and 2 fourth round picks.  Next year Beane has both cap space and extra premium draft picks to make what ever moves the team needs, so if the weapons prove to be too light, I have no doubt he will again be aggressive on getting more weapons here. 

Remember, in the last 3 drafts, Beane has used 4 of our 6 picks in the first 2 rounds on offense.  He is being aggressive to build around Josh and that was mostly done under the belief Diggs would still be here too.  

My "literally 0% chance" quote was from the possibility to trade for a vet WR, which I am of course still hoping occurs.  Although each day out decreases the odds.  C'mon Beane.

You make it sound like a trade for Diggs just fell into Beane's lap and he couldn't turn it down.  I feel Beane was actively shopping Diggs.  Remember the "Ready for watever" and "Well...." cryptic quotes from Diggs.  Diggs knew something was up, Diggs had initiated it.

IMO, Beane didn't do this on a lark.  Josh wasn't blindsided.  I've felt Beane had a plan.   This is part of what makes it hard for me to accept - this is Beane's plan?  The C Samuel/rookie Coleman/Shakir/Kincaid/Cook core?  

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

To be fair though, it turned out those narratives weren't false. He really was a problem child causing issues behind the scenes, and all the crap he did on Twitter and on the media circuit were in fact hints (not exactly subtle ones at that) that those issues were there. A large portion of the fanbase hand waved away all of those signs, and in many cases even mocked those who said there could be a potential separation coming.

While I get your point here, I also don't completely agree with it.  The trade doesn't mean the gross manipulation of everything Diggs said was accurate and that every over the top character assassination off those twisted words were justified.  Both can be true at the same time...that people over analyzed and twisted Diggs words OFTEN and Beane and the Bills were able to put a trade together that made sense for all parties.  In 2023, Diggs was a captian, they didn't make him a captain because he was a terrible teammate.  So just because the trade happened doesn't validate the extremes people were taking on every interview he gave.  

Regardless of the outcome, there were many over the top takes on the "drama" of something Diggs said.  

And if you want to know my opinion on Diggs the player today...I still think he is misunderstood by a lot of people around here and hated for the wrong reasons.  IMHO Diggs biggest issue with him became his loss in faith that the Bills could get over the hump before his career ended, especially facing a lot of changes thanks to cap issues coming this year.  

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well to be fair, when Daboll was here people all over were yelling that Allen needed more run game support and OL.  It was more about that than receiving weapons.  

And as far as Davis goes, no disrespect, but Davis earned the right to be considered the WR2, and that is coming from me who has been hyper critical of Davis the past 2 seasons.  But he put up 13 TD's in his first 2 seasons as a part time young player.  In 2021, we had Sanders and that team had its own offensive struggles mid season and it wasn't until Sanders got hurt that it became obvious the offense flowed better with Davis on the field than Sanders.

Then this offense went off in the playoffs including 9 TD's by Allen in 2 games where Davis had 4 of them against KC.  There was every reason to for the Bills staff and FO to feel like Davis could step up into the WR2 role full time, it wasn't just given to him by default.  When Sanders left, he also gushed over Davis and said he was a stud and built different.  So its not like they just threw some strugging player into that role.  

In 2022, Davis dissapointed and didn't prove to be consistent enough, but battled a lower leg injury all year.  Heading into the draft, Bills were high on Addison and Kincaid and wound up getting Kincaid.  Beane was preparing for Davis to leave but his potential repalcement was drafted before we could get him, so he went and got what was seen as the best offensive weapon still in the draft at that point in Kincaid.  

They also extended Diggs meaning they did not anticipate back then to trade Diggs this year.  Now they invested their first pick in another WR, but had they not had to trade Diggs, we would have Diggs, Keon, Kincaid, and Shakir as a young unit with a top 10 vet WR which would be an excellent combo of top end talent and young talent.  

Beane has invested 3 of his last 5 top draft picks into a recieving weapon.  He has also drafted OL and RB help in round 2 the past 2 seasons too, all to increase talent around Josh.  And those moves have led to the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league, and thats with us losing out on the points from the Bengals game that got cancelled because of Damar.  Thats with 3 OC's in 3 years.  

So, the real issue here is that I don't think Beane intended having to replace both Diggs and Davis in the same season.  But, he went out and got a solid WR in Samuels to help with that transition, Shakir has emerged, and we just drafted a very promising rookie to go with the excellent rookie we landed in Kincaid last year.  We got depth behind those guys and now have a 1200 yard RB with another young promising rookie RB.  We still have Allen and what should be a very good OL.

For me, it hasn't been as dire as some paint it, and it doesn't look as dire as some make it seem now, not at least until we see how this group plays together on the field and what a real Brady offense looks like this year.

I suppose it really comes down to subjective opinion.

Put simply, when I look at the fact that Josh Allen was responsible for the highest percentage of his team's offensive production of any QB in the league last year by a fairly large margin, it indicates to me that the team is asking him to do too much.

All I'm asking is that it be more common for the Bills to perform well on offense on a more consistent basis WITHOUT Josh Allen having to be a total alien. I'd like it to not feel like he has to put the cape on every single week for the Bills to have a chance, which is what it has felt like all too often to me the past few years. 

If the end result of this new offensive build is that Josh can spread the ball around more, play point guard, distribute to his playmakers, and save the heroics for the late-season and playoffs, then great. But from where I sit, it seems just as likely to me (if not more so) that the end result of this new offensive build is that Josh doesn't have enough game-breaking talent around him and STILL has to put his cape on darn near ever week for the Bills to succeed on offense.

We can go around in circles on this for days. Ultimately -- time will tell.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

My "literally 0% chance" quote was from the possibility to trade for a vet WR, which I am of course still hoping occurs.  Although each day out decreases the odds.  C'mon Beane.

You make it sound like a trade for Diggs just fell into Beane's lap and he couldn't turn it down.  I feel Beane was actively shopping Diggs.  Remember the "Ready for watever" and "Well...." cryptic quotes from Diggs.  Diggs knew something was up, Diggs had initiated it.

IMO, Beane didn't do this on a lark.  Josh wasn't blindsided.  I've felt Beane had a plan.   This is part of what makes it hard for me to accept - this is Beane's plan?  The C Samuel/rookie Coleman/Shakir/Kincaid/Cook core?  

Yeah, I do still think there is practically a 0% chance of a major WR trade before the season begins...unless the group looks really bad in camp/preseason or significant injury happens.  Anything is possible though, what I love about Beane is he is aggressive and isn't afraid to go get what he wants.  But I think he legitimately likes what we have, and I think any moves are highly unlikely without a change in circumstances prompting it.  Especially with the contracts WR's have gotten this offseason.  

As far as the Diggs trade, I didn't imply or say it fell in his lap.  But I also do not believe that Beane was trading Diggs "no matter what".  He wasn't going to dump him for nothing.  Beane said he gave Diggs and his team permission to see if they could find a trade that would make sense for the Bills.  I think both Diggs and the Bills were also prepared to play together this season if a trade couldn't be worked out that Beane felt was the right value for the Bills.  And that is why Diggs was saying he wants to stay a Bill, retire a Bill this offseason too.  

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I suppose it really comes down to subjective opinion.

Put simply, when I look at the fact that Josh Allen was responsible for the highest percentage of his team's offensive production of any QB in the league last year by a fairly large margin, it indicates to me that the team is asking him to do too much.

Well that stat gets so high because of how much production Allen provides with his legs, and that is part of his game.  Now, I do think the Bills need to get to a place where we need Allen's legs less, and that IMO falls more on Allen himself and the OC.  

Allen needs to take what the D gives him more because if he did that he would need to scramble around with his legs less that lead to him taking off more and taking more hits.  The OC needs to be better at motion with purpose and scheming guys open like Brady did more of when he took over for Dorsey last year.  

And with a real run game around Allen last year to build off of, hopefully that means we see more Davis runs being successful rather than needing to rely on Allen as a runner as much.  

All I'm asking is that it be more common for the Bills to perform well on offense on a more consistent basis WITHOUT Josh Allen having to be a total alien. I'd like it to not feel like he has to put the cape on every single week for the Bills to have a chance, which is what it has felt like all too often to me the past few years. 

This is fair and I think we all want that...but keep in mind, that is also who Josh Allen is.  And no matter how much help you put around him, he is going to play like this.  If we learned anything from Dorsey is that you shouldn't try and game anything out of Allen...let him play free out there.  Which is why I think a big part of this will come down to how Brady does installing his own offense this year and giving Josh good early targets in his reads.  

If the end result of this new offensive build is that Josh can spread the ball around more, play point guard, distribute to his playmakers, and save the heroics for the late-season and playoffs, then great. But from where I sit, it seems just as likely to me (if not more so) that the end result of this new offensive build is that Josh doesn't have enough game-breaking talent around him and STILL has to put his cape on darn near ever week for the Bills to succeed on offense.

We can go around in circles on this for days. Ultimately -- time will tell.

I agree with what you are saying here, and we just don't know how it will play out as we have neither the real Brady led offense nor this group together on the field yet.  But I do think the "point guard" term is being misused with him.  That sounds like a game manager to me.  I think its more about designing an offense that isn't married to a "scrip" like Dorsey was, that can adjust in game with how the defense is playing and what its giving to them.  I think this group is capable of putting pressure on all 3 phases of the field and its more about Josh playing free within this group than just being a "point guard".  

I fully expect the offense to still be aggressive

58 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

My evaluation of Beane's work is primarily based on the off-season moves and their expected talent level for the upcoming season.  As it stands, IMO, this is by far his worst off-season.  Is he really going to do a rebuild in the middle of Josh's prime?

I expected this year to be somewhat of a rebuild year, especially after Diggs was traded. I never thought Beane would go all in trying to find a top tier #1 WR. I'm just disappointed he only addressed the position once in the draft. In a rebuild year I figured it made a ton of sense to get two young WRs on the field with Allen and let them develop their chemistry. Not to mention double our chances of hitting the jackpot on one of them. Even if the team took a step back, at least we would enter 2025 with a lot of excitement. Taking just one WR in the draft really just didn't make any sense to me for the short or long term future of the offense.

Hopefully Beane is willing to make a trade close to the deadline, I just can't understand why he put himself in that position to begin with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I expected this year to be somewhat of a rebuild year, especially after Diggs was traded. I never thought Beane would go all in trying to find a top tier #1 WR. I'm just disappointed he only addressed the position once in the draft. In a rebuild year I figured it made a ton of sense to get two young WRs on the field with Allen and let them develop their chemistry. Not to mention double our chances of hitting the jackpot on one of them. Even if the team took a step back, at least we would enter 2025 with a lot of excitement. Taking just one WR in the draft really just didn't make any sense to me for the short or long term future of the offense.

Hopefully Beane is willing to make a trade close to the deadline, I just can't understand why he put himself in that position to begin with.

Had to get our second round safety and backup 3T DT and backup RB baby!

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I liked the Josh Allen pick,  said so at the time and even tried to talk some people off the ledge after the selection and have always been a big "build around" Allen guy.   It's not anything I ever had to come around to.  I am a ceiling-play guy when it comes to premium positions in general.       

But even if I had questioned the Josh Allen pick like yourself IIRC.......by 2020 it was clear to anyone with eyes that he was great.   Is it different if someone like Gunner Bill says it?   No.  He hated the pick like you.

It has no bearing on anyone wanting to not waste a season of his prime NOW.

I always wanted Allen, now you're just making things up.

Bottom line, you wanted Darnold 1a, Rosen 1b.  We would have drafted Rosen if up to you.

Again, trying to point out that mistakes happen (as you would have made).  Beane has done more good than bad, it's worth trusting him before dumping on this years group of WRs.

I'm sure you'll spin this somehow, but realize that your opinion could be WAY off (ie: Darnold and Rosen evaluation).  That's the point, and does have a bearing if you're gonna act so sure of yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Problem with drafting 2 WRs is getting them both up to speed/even be able to evaluate them.

If you disagree with Beanes FA acquisitions, that's up to you.

But with: Samuel, Shakir, Coleman, Hollins, and likely MVS.  Anyone we drafted would have to beat out MVS for Wr4 or Hollins for a ST/vet role.  Claypool, Shorter, Shavers, Hamler all competing as well.

Not saying it's impossible, but dedicating Wr3 and WR4 to rookies is a gamble, when it will likely take Coleman time to adjust already. 

On top of that, who is this 2nd WR that you wanted in Rd 3 or Rd 4?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

40 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I always wanted Allen, now you're just making things up.

Bottom line, you wanted Darnold 1a, Rosen 1b.  We would have drafted Rosen if up to you.

Again, trying to point out that mistakes happen (as you would have made).  Beane has done more good than bad, it's worth trusting him before dumping on this years group of WRs.

I'm sure you'll spin this somehow, but realize that your opinion could be WAY off (ie: Darnold and Rosen evaluation).  That's the point, and does have a bearing if you're gonna act so sure of yourself.

Are you drunk? 

You are trying to point out that mistakes happen.........but that because Beane has "done more good than bad" as a GM that his WR decisions shouldn't be questioned?

What?:doh:

His WR choices were to trust that Robert Foster,  Gabe Davis, Lil Dummy, Trent Sherfield and Deonte Harty were all ready for much bigger roles.   None of them were.   And Dawson Knox failed to elevate his game despite great expectations as well.   He's 0 for forever in what he is apparently expecting of Khalil Shakir. 

This after the disasters of 2017 and 2018 with Jordan Matthews and Kelvin Benjamin and flyers on pedigree and past success like Corey Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Terrelle Pryor etc..   

Beane's few starter successes at WR have come when he acquired Diggs, Brown and Beasley.........players all proven in starting roles, still consistent and fairly young.    

Those were players who projected to play well.........and whaddya know........they played well.

That's what I would trust.

Literally every flyer he's taken on a WR has FAILED........including Jamison Crowder.

But we are to TRUST that guys like MVS and Chase Claypool or KJ Hamler or Andy Isabella are going to bounce back when none of those players I mentioned did?

GTFOH :lol:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But I'm not on board with this year's moves.  The idea that you go from Diggs/Davis/Shakir/Kincaid/Cook to C Samuel/rookie Coleman/Shakir/Kincaid/Cook is a shocking downgrade.

My evaluation of Beane's work is primarily based on the off-season moves and their expected talent level for the upcoming season.  As it stands, IMO, this is by far his worst off-season.  Is he really going to do a rebuild in the middle of Josh's prime?

It's only a "shocking" downgrade if you're looking at Madden Ratings or how exciting the star power looks on a piece of paper.

If you evaluate what this Offense looked like from the 2nd Half of last season through the playoffs, our Offense ran through Cook, Kincaid, and Shakir.

What did the other two players on your list, Diggs and Davis, bring? Answer: Little to nothing. In fact, had Diggs not made a couple of key drops - we may have beaten the Chiefs and then who knows? 

It's clear as day "you're not on board with this year's moves". And that's a fine opinion to have. But "this year's moves" have been done and most of them aren't going anywhere. Chase Claypool, Justin Shorter, and KJ Hamler might all be cut (though i'd expect one of the first two to stick). But Beane isn't cutting Coleman, Samuel, MVS, or Hollins. And we only had 4 WR's exit the building needing to be replaced.

And when you look at the production from Diggs/Davis last year that they'll be replacing, it would be very hard for Coleman and Samuel to bring less than what Diggs and Davis gave us in the 2nd Half and beyond last season when we were rolling.

As for the "rebuild" - the answer is in Beane's own word. He's never said "I'll never rebuild with Josh". What he's said was that as long as he has Josh Allen, they're never fully in a true rebuild.

But with *23* players exiting the building, a new DC (who may or may not be calling plays), essentially a new OC (as he never installed *his* playbook last season), other new coaches, 4/5 or 5/6 of a new WR core, a new(/old) starter at Defensive End, a new interior Offensive Line, 3/5 of a new DT rotation, an entirely new Safety core, a mainly new Special Teams core, and many other depth/rotation replacements - this simply IS, in his own words, a "transition year".

Which is him admitting that this is as close to a rebuild as it can get, while still maintaining a Franchise QB. So is he "really going to do a rebuild in the middle of Josh's prime?". By definition, it already *is* a rebuild. We didn't really have a choice with the cap situation we were in. You can't replace the amount of players and coaches we replaced and NOT be rebuilding.

Like it or not, and many of us don't, it just is what it is. Regardless of whether or not you're willing to accept reality. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

All I know is that Ive long complained about our WR investments for the last 3 years. The Beane WR strategy has resulted in:

• Extending Diggs 2 years before his contract was up because he was the only real talent in the room
  • Relying on inconsistent Gabe Davis on a week to week basis
  • Trent Sherfield whiffing on passes in the playoffs, resulting in a loss.
  • Trading Diggs and absorbing the biggest non-QB dead cap hit in history.

Honestly, I have already been proven right, imo. 

To the bolded, you can argue that you've been right, so far.

But McBeane are still steering the ship so again, no one knows what the future will hold.

I have not eliminated the possibility that the Bills have enough offensive weapons for the 2024 season.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Regardless of the outcome, there were many over the top takes on the "drama" of something Diggs said.  

Diggs said point blank in an interview this year "where there's smoke there's fire" when asked directly about trade rumors. People on here said that meant nothing. So it got to a point where people were abandoning all sense of media literacy and just blatantly sticking their heads in the sand. I don't think there were over the top takes. I think Diggs is an over the top personality. All the drama over his media appearances and social media posts was entirely warranted. Clearly the team agreed. Beane didn't trade him for purely practical reasons. They flat out wanted his character out of the building. There's no reason to try and retroactively say "well, Diggs still wasn't as bad people said." He really was that bad. If you don't believe me, look at the Bills accounting sheet. You'll find 31 million pieces of hard evidence.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are you drunk? 

You are trying to point out that mistakes happen.........but that because Beane has "done more good than bad" as a GM that his WR decisions shouldn't be questioned?

What?:doh:

His WR choices were to trust that Robert Foster,  Gabe Davis, Lil Dummy, Trent Sherfield and Deonte Harty were all ready for much bigger roles.   None of them were.   And Dawson Knox failed to elevate his game despite great expectations as well.   He's 0 for forever in what he is apparently expecting of Khalil Shakir. 

This after the disasters of 2017 and 2018 with Jordan Matthews and Kelvin Benjamin and flyers on pedigree and past success like Corey Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Terrelle Pryor etc..   

Beane's few starter successes at WR have come when he acquired Diggs, Brown and Beasley.........players all proven in starting roles, still consistent and fairly young.    

Those were players who projected to play well.........and whaddya know........they played well.

That's what I would trust.

Literally every flyer he's taken on a WR has FAILED........including Jamison Crowder.

But we are to TRUST that guys like MVS and Chase Claypool or KJ Hamler or Andy Isabella are going to bounce back when none of those players I mentioned did?

GTFOH :lol:

Again, smug as usual.  I'm not drunk, but might need to after talking with you.

Someone might slap you upside the head if you talk to them like this.  

I trust Beane isn't "wasting a Josh Allen prime year", as you put it.  

You must not be so great at reading and comprehending the point.  I'm saying, you're already throwing in the towel on this WR group (again, wasting a Josh Allen prime season)...when we know you've been wrong plenty....you have major issues admitting that, but again my point is that Beane knows what he's doing and we have very good talent at the skill positions. 

My rationale for bringing up YOUR mistake, is that you talk in certainties/your opinion is gold.  Whenever someone challenges you:

Step 1: you bring your supporting statements

Step 2: Fail to listen or just plain disagree and dont respond to the posters point

Step 3: resort to petty comments/sarcasm

You've probably heard sarcasm is the weapon of the weak.

Beane/Brady know what they want and need at the skill spots.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs said point blank in an interview this year "where there's smoke there's fire" when asked directly about trade rumors. People on here said that meant nothing. So it got to a point where people were abandoning all sense of media literacy and just blatantly sticking their heads in the sand. I don't think there were over the top takes. I think Diggs is an over the top personality. All the drama over his media appearances and social media posts was entirely warranted. Clearly the team agreed. Beane didn't trade him for purely practical reasons. They flat out wanted his character out of the building. There's no reason to try and retroactively say "well, Diggs still wasn't as bad people said." He really was that bad. If you don't believe me, look at the Bills accounting sheet. You'll find 31 million pieces of hard evidence.

Respectfully disagree bud.  Diggs was a team captain last season chosen by his coaches and teammates and the over analyzing of every Diggs interview and tweet goes back beyond last year.  

And what I said is that people twisted things Diggs would say in an interview or tweet into all kinds of crazy interpretations.  

You know this is the same board that swore Diggs was mad at Allen after the Bengals game over Josh’s breakup which they also said was because Josh knocked up some waitress.  This crazy theory was like a month long thing here last year when there was zero evidence of any of it and nothing ever came of it.

Sorry, we don’t get to just conclude that all the crazy interpretations of what Diggs said or did were all true because we traded him.  This board claims he said so many things that he never actually said.  

And Diggs publicly stated he wanted to remain a Bill and retire a Bill this offseason, flat out stated it, even though his team had already been given permission to try and find a trade Beane would accept.  And why do you think he said that?  Probably because he knew Beane and the Bills were not gonna just dump him and trade him for nothing if they didn’t get a good offer.  There was always the possibility he was still going to play here this season.  Beane even said this much in interviews as well and told Josh that too when he told Josh a Diggs trade was a possibility but not for sure.

So no, I do not think it’s as bad as you think it was.  And the Bills accounting sheet is pretty irrelevant, they only had to eat $3m more, it wasn’t that big of a deal to create more financial freedom next year, especially landing an extra 2nd round pick.  Something that Beane also has said many times.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

What? Why?

Again, who is this mysterious 2nd WR that you wanted drafted?  And don't say someone from Rd 2, likely it would have been a Day 3 guy.  Like it or not, getting a backup 3Tech was a bigger need than an extra WR, more on this below.

Beane clearly had MVS in his sights pre draft, likely depending on who was there on Day 3.

So to answer your question, with 4 of 5 WR spots all but locks and likely MVS making the team....our rookie is competing for WR6.  Where we already spent a 5th LY (Shorter), brought in Claypool and Hamler, and have Shavers/Isabella as likely Practice Squad (on top of whatever shakes out after cuts).

So again, how are we benefitting by taking valuable reps away from Shakir/Samuel/Coleman/MVS/Hollins/etc for a "potential" WR6 (2nd drafted WR)?  Makes little sense to take another Day 3 guy, with our current depth chart and especially when we have Shorter who fits that bill from LY (that we liked enough to stash on IR).

On 4/9/2022 at 12:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Literally, you can look at Diggs then existing contract and say there was no need to act..............not  just "technically".

You can't keep everyone at their happiest as a GM.........sometimes players are going to want for things.

I think Beane did a pretty good job keeping Diggs at bay on an extension for a couple years.........but ultimately the objective should have been to get him to the offseason before his walk year and see where he stood going into his age 30 season.

Beane blew all of his gains by having him at 3/4 of the market by re-inking him at the top of the market, IMO.

People can disagree but I think this deal ends with 2-3 years left and a lot of dead money.

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Again, smug as usual.  I'm not drunk, but might need to after talking with you.

Someone might slap you upside the head if you talk to them like this.  

I trust Beane isn't "wasting a Josh Allen prime year", as you put it.  

You must not be so great at reading and comprehending the point.  I'm saying, you're already throwing in the towel on this WR group (again, wasting a Josh Allen prime season)...when we know you've been wrong plenty....you have major issues admitting that, but again my point is that Beane knows what he's doing and we have very good talent at the skill positions. 

My rationale for bringing up YOUR mistake, is that you talk in certainties/your opinion is gold.  Whenever someone challenges you:

Step 1: you bring your supporting statements

Step 2: Fail to listen or just plain disagree and dont respond to the posters point

Step 3: resort to petty comments/sarcasm

You've probably heard sarcasm is the weapon of the weak.

Beane/Brady know what they want and need at the skill spots.

I'm not one to carry water for other posters, but I stumbled upon this earlier.

You can look at @BADOLBILZ track record above.

He was right.

Beane was wrong.

Beane/Brady "know" what they want until they make obvious mistakes and folks like you will go "aw shucks, who coulda seen this coming?" lol

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Beane clearly had MVS in his sights pre draft, likely depending on who was there on Day 3.

He had MVS in his sights so clearly that he signed Quintus Cephus the day after the draft?

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To the bolded, you can argue that you've been right, so far.

But McBeane are still steering the ship so again, no one knows what the future will hold.

I have not eliminated the possibility that the Bills have enough offensive weapons for the 2024 season.

What is your definition of “enough?”

Enough to win the AFCE? Sure. But that’s a low bar. 

Enough to make the playoffs? Sure.

Enough to win a Super Bowl? Nah.

Allen is elite. He can drag a bunch of bums to the postseason, I have no doubt.

And while the future is unknown, there are some things we do know. We do know that Jamar Chase is better than Curtis Samuel, for example. And if every single guy of the JAG brigade matches their career highs, they still won’t be as good as Jamar Chase.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I'm not one to carry water for other posters, but I stumbled upon this earlier.

You can look at @BADOLBILZ track record above.

He was right.

Beane was wrong.

Beane/Brady "know" what they want until they make obvious mistakes and folks like you will go "aw shucks, who coulda seen this coming?" lol

He had MVS in his sights so clearly that he signed Quintus Cephus the day after the draft?

Cephus was already being worked out, basically before the draft concluded.

Honestly, what you're saying is my point about anyone (making mistakes).  Beane has made them, as has the poster you're alluding to, it doesn't mean you carry that over someone's head forever.  So yeah, Beane made a mistake on LYs WR4/5, doesn't mean he made another error this season. In my book, Beane put together a very good group in 2020 and 2021, 2022 was so-so, and 2023 was the only "mistake" year at skill spots (although Cook took a big leap, Kincaid looks promising, and Shakir is still improving/played well down the stretch with more targets).

All that to say, Beanes track record has been better than most give credit for at the overall skill position group.  Proof will be in the pudding come Fall.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.