Bills sign Gable Steveson

I find these signings to be pretty troubling. Doesn’t this mean that they also have to release someone? So a young man who’s devoted his life to playing football and gets his shot on an NFL roster is told he has to go home because the Bills have decided to give his spot to a novelty dude who’s never played the game? Sad. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 3

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

You know nothing about who this guy is and what kind of character he has to just go throwing this out there.

I've seen a lot of interviews by him and heard him talk. We don't know exactly what went on there but I suggest you look at what kind of guy this dude is before just throwing up shade.

It’s a legit concern, especially if Minnesota changed its laws specifically because of his case. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find these signings to be pretty troubling. Doesn’t this mean that they also have to release someone? So a young man who’s devoted his life to playing football and gets his shot on an NFL roster is told he has to go home because the Bills have decided to give his spot to a novelty dude who’s never played the game? Sad. 

It’s Matt Haack tho

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yea, a washed up 3rd string punter. Big whoop!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm assuming this is just McDermott fanboying over a high profile wrestler, a sport he is enthusiastic about? I guess the equivalent would be bringing in some big time former soccer player to kick if he loved that sport instead. I give this a 0.005% chance of working out.

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Hey so uh, he only beat a rape charge on a technicality - a technicality that Minnesota changed in 2021 specifically because of his case. Might be some lurking character concerns. 

https://apnews.com/general-news-1221944d273eb2cdb0d285de3d665b3f

🤔 first Quintez Cephus, now this guy? Are they trying to appease the segment of the fan base still pissed about Araiza?

1 minute ago, JPL7 said:

Yea, a washed up 3rd string punter. Big whoop!

Look at it another way. It then means a different player who’s devoted his life to playing football is sitting home so the Bills can bring in a novelty player that’ll never make the team. 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s a legit concern, especially if Minnesota changed its laws specifically because of his case. 

It’s Matt Haack tho

oh, i think it is notable but not of concern. he has been without incident since, as far as we know.

with regard to case law being changed - it is what is was? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is it though?  If they are willing to send him home now, he wasn't making the roster anyway.  At least now, he has a shot (whoever gets released) to try and latch on to a different roster, maybe one easier to make than a perennial SB contender too.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Is it though?  If they are willing to send him home now, he wasn't making the roster anyway.  At least now, he has a shot (whoever gets released) to try and latch on to a different roster, maybe one easier to make than a perennial SB contender too.  

Sure! You’re not going to get a try out son…..but stick by the phone…and let your parents know there’s a really good chance this novelty wrestler will flame out. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Hey so uh, he only beat a rape charge on a technicality - a technicality that Minnesota changed in 2021 specifically because of his case. Might be some lurking character concerns. 

https://apnews.com/general-news-1221944d273eb2cdb0d285de3d665b3f

Came here to post this too.  Rumor was he was let go in WWE because of some the potential legal stuff happening (combined with the already bad WWE stuff that was coming out at the time).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this mean fans will start wearing singlets to the games?

Who here would still look good in one?

You'd be surprised.

On second thought, whom am I kidding?!

27 minutes ago, boyst said:

You know nothing about who this guy is and what kind of character he has to just go throwing this out there.

I've seen a lot of interviews by him and heard him talk. We don't know exactly what went on there but I suggest you look at what kind of guy this dude is before just throwing up shade.

Nor do you 

• Eyeroll 1

Not for nothing 

https://www.statecollege.com/articles/local-news/watch-bo-nickal-micah-parsons-and-others-run-hills-with-logs-and-struggle/

Watch Micah Parsons get made to look a fool by PSU wrestlers. I mean I get it - wrestlers are just different. I dunno how this turns out, but this dude is gonna make some folks look silly in some of the workouts and maybe even the field 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.