Bills sign Gable Steveson

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There’s almost nothing I understand less than signing a guy to play football (at this level) who hasn’t played before. There are prob 2k fringe NFL level players that are available that have a lifetime of football experience…..this is a move you make in a lower tier league. I just hate doing stuff like this. What’s the best case scenario? Just a waste of a roster spot. 

91 training camp spots goes to 53 active and 16 practice squad spots.  He'll be cut and offered a PS spot.  what's not to understand.? Freak athlete, see what he can do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well, thats not the entire story.  Lesnar was in the combine that year and had a great showing and a lot of teams were interested in him.  The buzz was real at that point.  However, he got into a motorcycle accident when a van hit him a couple months later and that messed him up.  He ended up with several injuries, and that had most teams out on Lesnar at that point until the Vikings decided to still bring him in even though he wasn't fully recovered from the injuries yet.  

Because his groin was not yet healed, he didn't officially sign with the Vikings until late in the offseason at the end of July.  So he was way behind, especially having not played football since high school.  Vikings had no choice but to cut him a month later when finalizing the roster.  

Brock didn't try football again after that, he had already turned his sights on MMA and started training for that where he went on to be champion.  So we will never know what could have been for Brock in the NFL, the accident wasn't even his fault.  It was an unfortunate development, but he wowed at the combine and flashed signs for the Vikings.  But he was just too far behind to make the roster and he also had equal desire to try himself in MMA which is where he went instead to great success.  

I didn't know that about him.  I just knew he was at camp and I heard him interview in one of those local news segments that these guys are stronger than he thought.  

I know about his MMA career...that's when I followed him.

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott trolling the media

This is a like a meta joke one of the beat reports would make when talking about McDermott!  

Gold medal or not - it doesn’t look like he has any football experience, so I would put the odds of him making the team among the steepest out of any camp body.  

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

MVS needs to nab that #15…

Funny because on the latest podcast, Sal theorized that Matt Haack might make the team as the KOS given the new rules.  

There goes that idea!

What pops into my mind, is how much time coaches will have to spend on this guy just to get him up to the bare minimum of being able to play the position.

kind of like getting a rugby star and trying to teach him to play running back. A lot of effort for a very small chance of return.

would rather see a USFL or CFL “find”…

• Dislike 1

First thing he probably needs to do, besides working with a DL coach or at least an experienced player, is add about 10-15 more pounds. He’d be the same size as Aaron Donald and Ed Oliver, possibly a much better athlete, though with a whole lot less experience. 

42 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this mean fans will start wearing singlets to the games?

Who here would still look good in one?

Together we will wear just 1

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this mean fans will start wearing singlets to the games?

Who here would still look good in one?

You should be banned for making the rest of us want to poke our eyes out…..

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

First thing he probably needs to do, besides working with a DL coach or at least an experienced player, is add about 10-15 more pounds. He’d be the same size as Aaron Donald and Ed Oliver, possibly a much better athlete, though with a whole lot less experience. 

Do we know he’s playing DL?

37 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Hey so uh, he only beat a rape charge on a technicality - a technicality that Minnesota changed in 2021 specifically because of his case. Might be some lurking character concerns. 

https://apnews.com/general-news-1221944d273eb2cdb0d285de3d665b3f

You know nothing about who this guy is and what kind of character he has to just go throwing this out there.

I've seen a lot of interviews by him and heard him talk. We don't know exactly what went on there but I suggest you look at what kind of guy this dude is before just throwing up shade.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it was that the girl was “willingly intoxicated” 

It says "inadequate evidence". So, I'm not gonna call it a technicality. Were they both drinking? Drunken sex happens all the time

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Someone from the Bills tweeted it. Hes playing DT

edit 

Edited by DJB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There's a gold medalist joining the Bills roster.

Today, the Bills announced the signing of Gable Steveson as an undrafted free agent defensive tackle. Steveson, 24, earned a gold medal as a heavyweight wrestler in the 2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo. He defeated Georgia's Geno Petriashvili in the gold medal match and became the youngest freestyle wrestler to win Olympic gold in the super heavyweight division – 21 years, two months and six days.

Steveson will wear No. 61 for Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.