Bills sign Gable Steveson

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

the thread has gone away from  the sports tangent so I will bow out after this reply. A person who is drunk of course can be held accountable for her actions and if appropo charges like Drunk in Public, drunk and disorderly, DUI etc. The common denominator there is alcohol. People are responsible for how much they drink and ramifications of that may mean charges, a bad hangover, a bad headache.  etc.  a person (man or woman) who decides drinking is not for them for any number of valid reasons is great. 

women who yell rape and weren't  raped are as despicable as a rapist. Scum of the earth type crime for the mere accusation taints a person wether truly innocent Or guilty. False claims make legitament ones suffer.

But this doubling down focus on her drinking sways focus away from a sexual incident it still placing blame and guilt on the person assaulted. Women can be evil and so can men bottom line.

My understanding is that the woman gave consent at the time. After the fact she wished to withdraw consent and file rape charges, on the basis of having been drunk. I'm focusing on her drunken state because, as far as I'm aware, that's the sole basis for her rape allegation. That said, the reporting I've seen of this hasn't exactly been world class. The reporters in question have been more focused on helpfully providing their own interpretations and accusations, than they have on sharing the facts of the case. If there's more to the story, I encourage others to show me where my knowledge may have fallen short.

I agree with you that blame should never be placed on the person being assaulted. There is never a substitute for consent. In this particular case, however, it's my understanding that the woman provided consent, and that therefore no assault occurred.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

My understanding is that the woman gave consent at the time. After the fact she wished to withdraw consent and file rape charges, on the basis of having been drunk. I'm focusing on her drunken state because, as far as I'm aware, that's the sole basis for her rape allegation. That said, the reporting I've seen of this hasn't exactly been world class. The reporters in question have been more focused on helpfully providing their own interpretations and accusations, than they have on sharing the facts of the case. If there's more to the story, I encourage others to show me where my knowledge may have fallen short.

I agree with you that blame should never be placed on the person being assaulted. There is never a substitute for consent. In this particular case, however, it's my understanding that the woman provided consent, and that therefore no assault occurred.

He was completely cleared. That's the bottom line. The cops investigated and didn't charge him. She didn't file a Civil Suit. And he's had no other issues.

The WWE, UFC, and the NFL all wanted to sign him. They're all Billion dollar companies with PR teams where sexual assault is a no go. In the case of WWE and the UFC, they're publicly traded. They surely have PI's that got all of the information, much more than what's available to us. And they all felt he was safe to sign and in the WWE and NFL's case, did sign him. The UFC would as well, if he chose them.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

How did I know this thread would devolve into talk about a rape charge he was acquitted for? Even though he’s been cleared, let’s run him out of town! Where are the Bills babes on this?

On 6/1/2024 at 10:44 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only thing holding him back is he doesn’t know how to play football. How insulting is it to these offensive linemen and offensive coaches to think a guy that knows nothing about the technical side of the game is going to just line up and be effective. He isn’t even big. It’s not like the guy is 6’7 320lbs or something. Like freak size where you might say just go run through a guy. He’s small for a Dlineman. If you are going to go outside the box with some freak athlete, put him at a position where he can do something unique with the ball in his hands or something. The guy is going to get blended into the scenery.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.  While I"m not a fan of McDermott, I'm a huge fan of Stevenson and I'll be rooting for him.  Not sure he'd be in the building if the dline coaches felt insulted. 

• Agree 1

Gable went to my brothers high school…just now noticed that.

Gable was the #4 ranked HW wrestler in the world in HIGH SCHOOL?  Think about all the Olympic level wrestlers all over the world and he was 4th and couldn’t even buy cigarettes.  That is one of the most insane things I have ever heard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.