Bills sign Gable Steveson

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are a good amount of instances of people who didn't play football and we're good enough athletes to learn the sport 

You're never getting a quarterback who is new to the position...

But you can get it defensive tackle or defensive end... Belichick drafted a lineman who was a wrestler and never played football 

Ended up winning three super bowls with the Patriots

I wouldn’t say “a good amount.”  There have been a few but they are mostly outliers.  Off the top of my head here’s who I can think of:

- Carlton Hasslerig (wrestling)

- Stephen Neal (wrestling)

- Jordan Mailita (rugby)

- Antonio Gates (basketball)

- a handful of punters & kickers

That’s about it… it HAS happened but still remains extremely unlikely.  

2 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I read your post 15 times, and it still said the same thing. That he's slower than Coleman! 😮 Do I need to get my eyes checked, or am I hallucinating, or what's going on here?

You aren’t taking into account how much weight a wrestler holds in McDermotts eyes. He could have one leg and the other could be gimpy, if he’s a wrestler, McDermott will find him a home. 

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Legendary type stuff

Not sure why anyone would frown on this move.  If he sucks, he’ll be cut. If he shows promise, he might make the ps.  Kicking the tires on elite athletes makes a lot of sense.  

He nailed the Nyheim Hines backflip at the end, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I wouldn’t say “a good amount.”  There have been a few but they are mostly outliers.  Off the top of my head here’s who I can think of:

- Jordan Mailita (rugby)

Name an athlete.. who became a pro hockey player after never playing hockey...

Name someone who became a MLB player while never play baseball...

Even 5 guys is a good amount.. even though there is currently 18 players from IPP on rosters and 5 hage played on game days 

The program has been around since 2017 ... 

So even having five guys playing is really good 

They're obviously aren't dozens of starters 

.. but there is a chance

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Name an athlete.. who became a pro hockey player after never playing hockey...

Name someone who became a MLB player while never play baseball...

Even 5 guys is a good amount.. even though there is currently 18 players from IPP on rosters and 5 hage played on game days 

The program has been around since 2017 ... 

So even having five guys playing is really good 

They're obviously aren't dozens of starters 

.. but there is a chance

5 out of the hundreds of thousands of NFL players over the past few decades is a good amount?  Even 5 of the IEP players you referenced since 2017 is hardly a good amount.   His chances are highly unlikely.

The one variance is that I can’t remember the last time a Gold Medalist played in the NFL - especially in a physical sport like wrestling.  He’s literally one of the best athletes in the world

4 hours ago, appoo said:

Not for nothing 

https://www.statecollege.com/articles/local-news/watch-bo-nickal-micah-parsons-and-others-run-hills-with-logs-and-struggle/

Watch Micah Parsons get made to look a fool by PSU wrestlers. I mean I get it - wrestlers are just different. I dunno how this turns out, but this dude is gonna make some folks look silly in some of the workouts and maybe even the field 

This is terrific!

I remember when that video came out during the pandemic. 
Whose the guy that looks like Cory from Trailer park boys?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

5 out of the hundreds of thousands of NFL players over the past few decades is a good amount?  Even 5 of the IEP players you referenced since 2017 is hardly a good amount.   His chances are highly unlikely.

The one variance is that I can’t remember the last time a Gold Medalist played in the NFL - especially in a physical sport like wrestling.  He’s literally one of the best athletes in the world

I never said it's a high percentage chance of working out 

But having five people on active rosters in a program that's only been around for 7 years... 

I didn't even think that was possible so yes to me 5 in 7 years is a good amount.. not a high probability but they are out there 

Again you're not training a athlete to go to the NHL at 25 years old and he's never played ... But world class athletes have picked up football 

There is precedence

But yes I never thought they'd get five players on game day rosters this quick... That's actually good amount for a new program imo

It will be a lot more successful in 15 years as well

I think it's a good start to the program and shows that it's possible

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

So here is how it goes. KC at Buffalo, 1st KC offensive play this guy hits Kelce with a double leg takedown. 5 yard penalty for holding, no biggie.  Later in the game, he slaps Kelces hands wide and gives him a belly to belly suplex for a 15 yard penalty, BUT Kelce is hurt for the rest of the game.

McDermott is sneaky smart.🤣

Pro tip. 
Real wrestlers don’t do suplex. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s okay to try out track stars at WR. 

Good/risk reward profile. I just don’t quite know. Hope he learns enough Madden at St John Fisher.  

5 hours ago, BontitaBills said:

My bet is he makes plays for the Bills this year.  

Madden partner for McClappyWrestler at Fisher camp. Then the door. 

49 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

- Jordan Mailita (rugby)

Chris Hogan. Lax, played on two winning Super Bowl teams. 

The entire NFL watched wirfs jump out of a pool and become one of the nfl elite. Now teams are kicking the tires, people don't realize the type of athlete gable is. He's the guy that makes elite athletes look slow. I have zero expectations, but why not put a world class athlete on your team?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.