Bills sign Gable Steveson

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Is it your Olympic pedigree or overwhelming athleticism?

It's my utter lack of football experience. 

55 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, because i'm sure there's absolutely no difference between you - message board poster, and him - 2 Time NCAA Heavyweight Wrestling Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist, when it comes to athleticism.

Matt Haack would have been 30 years old if he was in Training Camp and had no shot at making the roster....

You guys need to relax. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I've known a couple national champion wrestlers.  The explosion and quickness in tight spaces should translate, and every wrestler understands leverage.  Stephen Neal [Pats] started on a SB winner, has a world championship & 2 NCAA D-I titles in wrestling, Jim Nance [Pats] and Curley Culp [Chiefs] were national champion wrestlers who were NFL standouts.

Don’t forget Carlton Hasselrig. NCAA champ, same height and weight as Steveson, never played football and went to the pro bowl with the steelers.

Playing on the interior of a football line translates quite a bit to wrestling…Tim Krumrie was a big believer in that back in the day.

this isn’t just a wrestler, he is perhaps the best heavyweight wrestler ever. And he is only 24. Why not?

Edited by Mikey152
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have no idea what you do for a living but I’m dying to hear if you’d have the same reaction if after getting your accounting degree you found out your potential employer passed you over for that internship because they decided to roll the dice on a guy who they heard was good at math. 

I’m a Data Analyst/Scientist.  I’m also currently unemployed since late Jan  after my company got bought and they laid everyone off, and have been passed over by 4-5 after getting through like 4 interviews each time, so I have empathy for that dude who’s camp spot gotten taken away, but not resentful either of the people who got picked ahead of me, as ultimately people in power gotta trust their own evaluations 

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Not sure that qualifies you to say what did or didn't happen is all or to be a judge of his character- no one knows what happened but being a good athlete doesn't absolve him.I know plenty of scumbags walking around and laying low and not getting in trouble again after doing awful things.

I mean to completely just support him is throwing shade at the potential victim no?

I think peoples personal experiences with that kind of stuff kinda heightens some sensitivity and rightfully so - 

I'm all for second chances - we all have done stupid stuff - it's just that is another level and to have charges dismissed because of a law that is clearly flawed makes me cringe.

We don't have to agree or anything - we just have different views and life experiences 

This is a very reasonable post and I am thankful to see a retort that is non inflammatory and concise.

The potential victim did not seek an other suits, and I can only speak for what I view.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Such a stupid move. Of course Haak sucked, but a fuggin wrestler with zero experience? Damn you, Sean! 🤬

Jordan Mailata just signed a 3 year, 66m contract extension with the Philadelphia Eagles.

He had zero NFL experience and entered the league from Rugby. He's now a top paid, top performing Left Tackle in the NFL.

Is that common? No. But you never know what you're going to get when you bet on athleticism. The Eagles and Eagles fans are sure glad they took a chance on an athletic guy with no experience.

I can't imagine getting upset over signing a Camp Body. It has absolutely no bearing on anything. You act as though we would have acquired a Pro Bowl player at another position if we hadn't brought him in. It doesn't preclude any other signing. We just traded out a guy who had no shot at making the roster for someone who most likely wont. 

It's no risk, no guarantees, all reward.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is a very reasonable post and I am thankful to see a retort that is non inflammatory and concise.

The potential victim did not seek an other suits, and I can only speak for what I view.

We all have perspectives and I can understand yours as well- enjoy your evening 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

I’m a Data Analyst/Scientist.  I’m also currently unemployed since late Jan  after my company got bought and they laid everyone off, and have been passed over by 4-5 after getting through like 4 interviews each time, so I have empathy for that dude who’s camp spot gotten taken away, but not resentful either of the people who got picked ahead of me, as ultimately people in power gotta trust their own evaluations 

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your job search! 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Is this the guy that we heard about that in a private practice threw Dawkins to the side 3 times in a row and Dion freaked out. Then he and McGovern - Gabe rag dolled him with one move. Josh was busted 4 times straight. Is this the guy?? He can do 100 stride jumps with his eyes closed - in 9 seconds!!!

Or was that the guy from Dune 2?

Is this the man?  Is this the man who wrecked the buffet at the Harrow club this morning?

the-buffet-at-the-harrow-club-1_530x@2x.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Really wild how he won the Gold medal. Got a 2 point grab to secure the win literally at the last second.

https://youtu.be/fSXPmihrX3c?si=QpedPCJzdR1NfiFT

Legendary type stuff

Not sure why anyone would frown on this move.  If he sucks, he’ll be cut. If he shows promise, he might make the ps.  Kicking the tires on elite athletes makes a lot of sense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.