A Super Bowl in London?

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I hate the SB so why not.  

LOL, ya know, great point.  

Besides, we know that the NFL has designs on getting teams in London/UK and Europe.  It'll probably happen at some point.  

The NFL is going in an opposite direction of what we as Bills fans having grown up in WNY have appreciated about having the Bills.  

I hate the NFL, just love the Bills.  If the Bills ever left town my interest would drop to nil.  I think I've watched one of the last five or six Super Bowls.  It's a pop-culture event more than anything else.  The more that dipsihts like Swift get involved the less appealing it becomes to a lot of football fans.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Erm London only 6 hours ahead of EST, which could lead to a Super Bowl around 1:00 pm EST. I realize it's usually played in prime time but considering the world audience could get if start 6-7 European time the NFL might try it. As can imagine more European/Asian views would offset most of the lost North/South American viewers. 

No comment here other than London is actually 5 hours ahead of EST. I’m watching the French Open now, and Paris is 6 hours ahead. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why not? It's not like going to the Super Bowl is a normal every day thing for people to do anyway. Does it really matter if it's in Phoenix or London? If you plan on going, you still have to fly, get a hotel, etc.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly why it wouldn't work. That's 11pm here. Wherever you have it - Wembley, Tottenham, Olympic Stadium... you can't get people out and home / to hotels at 4am. 

Yep. They'd sell out. Absolutely no problem. Within minutes. 

Those two statements are mutually exclusive.

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Those two statements are mutually exclusive.

No they are not. It will never happen because of the first reason. But if the first reason were overcome and they kicked off at 7pm GMT they'd sell out, multiple times over. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. They'd sell out. Absolutely no problem. Within minutes. 

At what ticket price though?  Current Super Bowl prices?

I’m sure the NFL would do their due diligence regarding piecing tix, and most importantly suites.  Need suites.

Anyhoo, terrible idea to play the game over seas.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I’m sure the NFL would do their due diligence regarding piecing tix, and most importantly suites.  Need suites.

The world is strange enough that it just might be the most expensive SB ever in such a great city and being the first of it’s kind.  

EDIT: And NO, it will NOT happen. 

Edited by Augie

22 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yea they'd sell out even at SB prices. And there are plenty of suites at Wembley that wouldn't be an issue. 

I agree the Superbowl in London is not going to happen. But it isn't because they'd struggle to sell tickets. I promise you that would not be an issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they'd sell out even at SB prices. And there are plenty of suites at Wembley that wouldn't be an issue. 

I agree the Superbowl in London is not going to happen. But it isn't because they'd struggle to sell tickets. I promise you that would not be an issue. 

The real question is whether the teams would get there just 48 hours before kickoff. 😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No way the NFL would do this right?  This is our sport.

Would they ever put Wimbledon or Europa Championships in NYC? 

The NFL would give Super Bowl hosting rights to ISIS if the price was right $$$$$$$$$ 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Going solely by seat revenue, the NFL has missed their opportunity. In 1950, Maracana stadium in Rio had a capacity of 200,000 - 210,000 attendees (now it is a measly 73,000). According to Wikipedia, the current stadia with the largest capacity are Narendra Modi Stadium in India (135,000; used for cricket) and ...

... Rungrado 1st of May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea (114,000; mainly used for soccer). A Superbowl in North Korea, the ultimate irony.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.