A Super Bowl in London?

“We have a number of American football games and I want it to come here because we want American sports fans in Europe to come to London to watch them, not just go to America.”

the BALLS!!

• Haha (+1) 3

I don't mind it being there but be sure to fix that field as last thing you want is teams getting players hurt in the most important game of the season. 

Just now, Augie said:

But first, I think Big Ben would look nice somewhere in the Midwest. 

He played at Miami of Ohio ;)

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't mind it being there but be sure to fix that field as last thing you want is teams getting players hurt in the most important game of the season. 

He played at Miami of Ohio ;)

I meant the one that could actually tell time. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

UK-based NFL fan here....

... and I think this is a terrible idea! 

The Superbowl is a quintessentially American event. It's part of why we enjoy the sport

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

UK-based NFL fan here....

... and I think this is a terrible idea! 

The Superbowl is a quintessentially American event. It's part of why we enjoy the sport

Imagine the FA Cup finals played in America

• Like (+1) 4

It won't happen. I think the time difference is a limiting factor here. Realistically the latest you can kick off to get it all in and get people out of the stadium and back to their hotels etc is about 7pm. That's 11am Pacific time. Do the NFL really want a Superbowl kicking off then? 

Of course Sadiq wants it. He is the Mayor of London and it would bring in a chunk of revenue. I might be biased of course but London is the greatest city on earth IMO, it just isn't the right place for the Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Khan is just not a good person nor is he fit to be the representation for London. This is a terrible idea and there are greater issues that should be addressed that fall under his responsibility than trying to land a Super Bowl.

Eff him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Imagine the FA Cup finals played in America

That competition is dead now. You'd be welcome to them.

On the SB in London, I agree with Grimbo and Gunner. It's not for me.

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It won't happen. I think the time difference is a limiting factor here. Realistically the latest you can kick off to get it all in and get people out of the stadium and back to their hotels etc is about 7pm. That's 11am Pacific time. Do the NFL really want a Superbowl kicking off then? 

Of course Sadiq wants it. He is the Mayor of London and it would bring in a chunk of revenue. I might be biased of course but London is the greatest city on earth IMO, it just isn't the right place for the Superbowl. 

You cannot tell me London is better than Buffalo.  Buffalo has better food (except pizza because Buffalo pizza is awful) and a better football team.  

• Haha (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good point on the time difference. For that reason alone, it won't be held in London.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.