Good analysis of Trevor Lawrence in The Athletic by Randy Mueller

On 6/1/2024 at 5:25 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t have a NY Times subscription so can’t read it, but I’m assuming he’s underwhelmed.  If anyone has context with more detail, meaning a summary of the comments is appreciated.

I’ll say, and not to single out this op, but in general this board doesn’t have great culture of setting the stage for conversations when starting threads. We often get “good article” behind a paywall or “great discussion” and a 2 hour video 

a fast summary with a few of the more interesting points is a game changer for me as someone that doesn’t have many subscriptions or the bandwidth to listen to extended commentary that often 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Trevor Lawrence does kind of look like Mark Arm, doesn't he?

But I think he looks more like a horse.

That S>U>B P<O<P shirt will work for either one, hahah

image.png.d2590665b0e890a65543cd4884e9bd42.png

Edited by Ralonzo

On 5/31/2024 at 8:44 AM, ToGoGo said:

He was dealing with injuries this past year. He was penalized for being tough. 

This is the year to judge him. 

Fair, but playing through injury is a big deal for QB’s.  

1) For availability, an issue for guys like Burrow and Jackson as of recent years. 

2) For being able to play through it like Allen. 

Nobody gives Allen any excuses for playing the last half of the year with a partially torn UCL two years ago.   He had no business playing in most of those games. 

Trevor is really tough to judge as I think his three seasons basically can be described like this:

Year 1: Rookie with probably the worst NFL coach possible in the last two decades

Year 2: True improvement with proper coaching and the back half of the season you saw true flashes of the potential scouts believe in. 

Year 3: Plataeud for sure but he was doing better until the CIN injury. Can't judge a thing after as you could see he should have been shut down and that injury was a gut punch

So truthfully year 2 to me was more his rookie year as Urban was so atrocious, but I can't look past last year was middling for the most part until his injury. I would also add that division is not very strong and the fact he hasn't necessarily took off and run should mean something. For all the hype about Stroud and platitudes on Lawrence the guy who looked the best and scared me the most is Richardson who unfortunately got hurt. One thing across football that happens too much sentiment wise is a QB has to be Top 5 or replace them and their garbage. I think its pretty easy to see you got Pat Josh Burrow Lamar ... and then a group of like 10 quarterbacks ranging from Stafford Dak Hurts Tua Stroud (currently he could go higher only one year of work) Herbert Love that are very good QBs you can win a SB with but they are a notch below the four at the top and their flaws are easier to stop. I think Trevor is either in the lower end of that group or on the cusp of it. That doesn't mean he sucks, it means with good coaching and a solid lineup you can see a truly good QB and win a lot with that. Again doesn't mean T-Law is trash, far from it, just that he will need a bit more stability yearly if you want to see his best version.

20 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Trevor Lawrence does kind of look like Mark Arm, doesn't he?

But I think he looks more like a horse.

I don’t know why James Cameron spends all that money on CGI for the Avatar movies when he could just paint Trevor Lawrence blue. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 8:48 PM, SCBills said:

Fair, but playing through injury is a big deal for QB’s.  

1) For availability, an issue for guys like Burrow and Jackson as of recent years. 

2) For being able to play through it like Allen. 

Nobody gives Allen any excuses for playing the last half of the year with a partially torn UCL two years ago.   He had no business playing in most of those games. 

Yeah but did you see the injuries Lawrence came back from? People were even saying “dude just stay out of the game.”  

The guy is hyper tough. Showed amazing play in the playoffs the other year. 

The negative narratives are coming from the same source as the “Allen does nothing but throw INTs” people. Give Lawrence another year before throwing in the towel. 

On 5/31/2024 at 9:50 AM, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

DaQuan & Milano going down early in that game may have had something to do with it 😭

Offense doing nothing until the 4th quarter also had a lot to do with it.

• Like (+1) 1