Good analysis of Trevor Lawrence in The Athletic by Randy Mueller

Agree with Mueller's analysis.  Which makes last year's game in London even more frustrating (and I was there).  Lawrence was never moved off of his script/clock by McD's defense in that game - he was allowed to stay in his rhythm and throw to spots on time.  Super frustrating because if you can eliminate his easy reads he struggles.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agree with Mueller's analysis.  Which makes last year's game in London even more frustrating (and I was there).  Lawrence was never moved off of his script/clock by McD's defense in that game - he was allowed to stay in his rhythm and throw to spots on time.  Super frustrating because if you can eliminate his easy reads he struggles.

DaQuan & Milano going down early in that game may have had something to do with it 😭

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

yeah guy always saves his best for when they play the bills.  glad they're not playing in London or on mars or something this year at least

we’re his Super Bowl.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I said at the time of the draft I thought Fields would end up having a better career. 

So far that has not come true but Fields has had far worse supporting cast and far worse coaching. He may yet still end up having a better career. 

TL's career was started with Urban Meyer and then he was fired mid-season. That is a VERY tough way to start a career. In his first year with Pedersen he showed a ton of growth and then dealt with injuries last year. 

Fields had the same head coach his entire tenure with Chicago. I think he had the same OC, as well. 

Edited by warrior9

24 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

TL's career was started with Urban Meyer and then he was fired mid-season. That is a VERY tough way to start a career. In his first year with Pedersen he showed a ton of growth and then dealt with injuries last year. 

Fields had the same head coach his entire tenure with Chicago. I think he had the same OC, as well. 

Exactly.  Doug Pederson is excellent and the Chicago coaches suck.

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hey! Lighten up! Let’s give propers where they’re due. ‘IT’S’ the 1st transsexual to start NFL games at QB! 

That’s gotta stand for something, right?

I wish IT well..

Then again, I voted for Biden..

Wtf is wrong w you

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

DaQuan & Milano going down early in that game may have had something to do with it 😭

Absolutely gashed in the run game in that one, and our run game was pathetic.  2 of our better run defenders leaving the game hurts a ton.  

Terrible travel plan.  Terrible game plan.  Terrible injury luck.  

Jax missed 1 tackle.  Buffalo missed 18 per Pro football reference.  Buffalo had 4 drops to their 2.  

Just everything about this game was letting it all slip through your fingers in some capacity. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Lawrence seems like the Philip Rivers type. Will never win anything significant but will stick around as a starter until he’s 39

More like Matt Ryan

Lawrence just isn't as good as what people thought he would be.  He was the most hyped prospect since Luck (also overrated but at least played some seasons at a high level).  Trevor is a mediocre starting QB at this stage whose best season is on par with Derek Carr's meh season for the Saints last year.  Heck he hasn't even proved he can be as good as Carr was during Carr's better seasons.  But you know his agents are going to try and leverage as much of the "potential" hype from his draft to still pursue top end money.  

Now, this is his 4th season, he still has a chance to put it all together and finally breakout to closer to what was expected of him coming out of college.  But, if it is more  of the same, then I think Jags would be foolish to pay him a big deal and should instead look to trade him to a QB desperate team that thinks they can get more out of him (like maybe the Jets who I could see being dumb enough to do so given Rodgers is likely gone after this season).  

6 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Lawrence seems like the Philip Rivers type. Will never win anything significant but will stick around as a starter until he’s 39

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

More like Matt Ryan

He's not even a Derek Carr yet let alone one of those two much better QB's.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1