2024 NBA Western Conference Champs - Dallas Mavericks!

BigDingus

I forgot how great it feels to be a fan of a team that makes it to the championship game!

Anyone else a Mavs fan (or maybe a Boston fan)? They put on a hell of a performance tonight. Luka single-handedly outscored the Timberwolves in the first quarter, and him + Kyrie outscored the entire Wolves team in the first half.

They were up by 36 before taking their foot off the gas a bit, but it's crazy how they were underdogs going into every playoff series this post-season.

Everyone had written them off before the season, but they came together when it mattered most (plus the moves made at the trade deadline) and pushed through. Still have to win the next series, but either way, I'm proud of them!

Don't worry, the Bills will do it next. Everyone has written them off due to all the big names they lost in the off-season, but they're about to surprise everyone. People talked about Luka like they talk about Josh. Great numbers, but can't get over the hump. Not anymore!

• Like (+1) 1

Mavs answered the call. I wanted them all three series, and, of course, now beat the Celtics.

They need to be David to the Celtics Goliath. Hope Luka brings his slingshot. He will need it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I forgot how great it feels to be a fan of a team that makes it to the championship game!

Anyone else a Mavs fan (or maybe a Boston fan)? They put on a hell of a performance tonight. Luka single-handedly outscored the Timberwolves in the first quarter, and him + Kyrie outscored the entire Wolves team in the first half.

They were up by 36 before taking their foot off the gas a bit, but it's crazy how they were underdogs going into every playoff series this post-season.

Everyone had written them off before the season, but they came together when it mattered most (plus the moves made at the trade deadline) and pushed through. Still have to win the next series, but either way, I'm proud of them!

Don't worry, the Bills will do it next. Everyone has written them off due to all the big names they lost in the off-season, but they're about to surprise everyone. People talked about Luka like they talk about Josh. Great numbers, but can't get over the hump. Not anymore!

congrats! Mavs played a heck of a series! I thought the wolves would win, but the Mavs were just more clutch down the stretch. 

I have always disliked Kyrie due to his off-court stuff, but he seems to have really mellowed. If he had only just been a normal guy, he would be so much more respected as a great player. He played a great series.

Luca too just was on point. Just wish he would stop his constant whining and foul baiting! 

I will be rooting for them in the finals! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

congrats! Mavs played a heck of a series! I thought the wolves would win, but the Mavs were just more clutch down the stretch. 

I have always disliked Kyrie due to his off-court stuff, but he seems to have really mellowed. If he had only just been a normal guy, he would be so much more respected as a great player. He played a great series.

Luca too just was on point. Just wish he would stop his constant whining and foul baiting! 

I will be rooting for them in the finals! 

I'm a Nets fan and Kyrie unfortunately a DB for most of his time in Brooklyn so I'm with you on not caring for him. Can't root for the C's, Go Mavs!

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just wish he would stop his constant whining and foul baiting!

He’s brutal. One minute I’m liking him, next I’m like knock it off crybaby. He also seems to yell at the crowd a lot too.

The crying in the NBA is getting socceresque.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, US Egg said:

He’s brutal. One minute I’m liking him, next I’m like knock it off crybaby. He also seems to yell at the crowd a lot too.

The crying in the NBA is getting socceresque.

Luca is just obnoxious with the crying. I saw this one clip from the last series where he ran into a guy and baited a foul call. Then, he ran up to him after to try to challenge him like a tough guy. This other dude was just confused.

when Luca doesn’t get a call, he cries. When gets fouled and gets the call, he cries about the injustice of being fouled. Then, when someone else cries to the refs, he runs up and complains that they aren’t Teed up. 

the dude is a great player. Just stop with all the nonsense. People are starting to hate his guts because of this stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:18 PM, BigDingus said:

Huge Mavs fan.  Both my boys love Luka so we've had a great time watching the playoffs this year.

Hope they can continue the run they are on.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So happy! Between the Bills, Sabres and Celtics, my cumulative record as a fan is 5-140...all 5 championships from the Celtics.

Congrats to the Mavs too. Great season for both teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.