Guilty As Hell!!

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Does anyone think this is going to actually impact the election?  Seems like everyone is already dug in to me. 

It will move it a few points nationally. Biden will probably win by at least 8 or 9 now. It could be a total blowout but I would expect 8.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, Franklin Pierce, with the Kansas-Nebraska Act, was probably worse than Buchanan. That act poured gas on the smoldering embers of the slavery debate and accelerated the move to Civil War. 

And I'll raise you an Andrew Johnson

Just now, Governor said:

It will move it a few points nationally. Biden will probably win by at least 8 or 9 now. It could be a total blowout but I would expect 8.

He won by 7 last time

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Enlighten me.  Why should this POS get a pass from breaking the law?

With the classified docs he clearly, 100% broke the law.  I suppose he should get a pass there too?

Good question.   Answer I believe is yes.  It's not going to be many.  But some will view this as a negative and not vote orange. 

Take your victory lap now.  When the tables are turned on you, you will be the first one complaining and crying foul play.  That's what is so bad about this precedent(s) being set.  It's not about whether or not you think he is a POS.  I think Biden is a POS, scumbag, pedophile, dementia, treasonous criminal and if the shoes were reversed in this case, for the same reasons, I would not agree with it in this case. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

With the classified docs he clearly, 100% broke the law.  I suppose he should get a pass there too?

Good question.   Answer I believe is yes.  It's not going to be many.  But some will view this as a negative and not vote orange. 

I guess we'll see. My bet is that as many on the fence that view it as a negative will be offset by just as many who think it was just political lawfare.  And around and around we go. 

1 minute ago, phypon said:

When the tables are turned on you, you will be the first one complaining and crying foul play

And I do have some misgivings about that.

But people also have to realize: the vast majority of candidates (even for President in these times) haven't:

- worked with the publisher of the sleaziest mag in America to plant false stories about his opponents and to kill stories about how he banged a hooker 

- created false records all over the place to cover it up

- and in other matters, preposterously overstated the value of his assets, including the square footage of his own condo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, phypon said:

Take your victory lap now.  When the tables are turned on you, you will be the first one complaining and crying foul play.  That's what is so bad about this precedent(s) being set.  It's not about whether or not you think he is a POS.  I think Biden is a POS, scumbag, pedophile, dementia, treasonous criminal and if the shoes were reversed in this case, for the same reasons, I would not agree with it in this case. 

The difference between me and you, aside from my stunning good looks and superior intellect, is I will not defend dems like you defend this insipid imbecile.   Not a democrat has been born that I care for as much as you care (love?) for Trump.  It's f'n odd.  You know he's a criminal but you convince yourself otherwise because you think it's some game between left and right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, phypon said:

He will win the appeal and will not be a "convicted felon".  You idiots just signed your own death sentence come Nov 5th :nana:

Very telling that you’d support a convicted criminal to “own the libs.” What a shame you hate America so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Does anyone think this is going to actually impact the election?  Seems like everyone is already dug in to me. 

Probably?

It doesn’t seem like most people are following the election closely right now. Those of us talking about politics all of the time are the weirdos.

The general electorate is more concerned about day-to-issues and may not really tune in until closer to the Fall.

Who knows what they think when they do?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, Franklin Pierce, with the Kansas-Nebraska Act, was probably worse than Buchanan. That act poured gas on the smoldering embers of the slavery debate and accelerated the move to Civil War. 

You ever read about Franklin Pierce’s personal life? Poor guy lost all three of his kids and his wife was an invalid. He drank himself to death 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Probably?

It doesn’t seem like most people are following the election closely right now. Those of us talking about politics all of the time are the weirdos.

The general electorate is more concerned about day-to-issues and may not really tune in until closer to the Fall.

Who knows what they think when they do?

By the time people start paying attention this will be a pretty small piece of the pie, and will likely have a net zero effect on the election.  Trump will appeal and the whirlwind will continue.  This is mostly red meat for each of the bases 

Just now, Roundybout said:

You ever read about Franklin Pierce’s personal life? Poor guy lost all three of his kids and his wife was an invalid. He drank himself to death 

No, I didn't know! Thanks for that 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Incoming:

Commie, unfair, commie, commie, could not get fair trial, 1k excuses, rinse and repeat.   Not one of the people saying this will understand the law in any way.

No a single mention of Soros, the “dEeP sTaTe,” or even Hunter’s Laptop? 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I guess we'll see. My bet is that as many on the fence that view it as a negative will be offset by just as many who think it was just political lawfare.  And around and around we go. 

I hope you're not right.  This pos is pathetic in every sense.  He should not be president of ANYTHING.  You deserve better for the party you support and we certainly deserve better as a country.   He has zero redeeming features.   

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

No a single mention of Soros, the “dEeP sTaTe,” or even Hunter’s Laptop? 😂

Ok shoot, more I forgot!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

By the time people start paying attention this will be a pretty small piece of the pie, and will likely have a net zero effect on the election.  Trump will appeal and the whirlwind will continue.  This is mostly red meat for each of the bases 

The election is likely to be extremely close. Any small thing could tip it one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Governor said:

Maybe through the weekend the points will move, but ultimately this is just another part of the Trump show and will probably help him ad much ad it hurts him in the long run.

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And I'll raise you an Andrew Johnson

He won by 7 last time

Ya, Johnson was a piece of work, no doubt, but the Compromise of 1850 was suppose to settle the slavery debate and by repealing Missouri Compromise and opening Kansas to slavery, that really started the civil War. Bleeding Kansas was a Civil War before the big one 

Pierce would get my vote, though there are others for sure worthy of the appellation as worst ever 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

The election is likely to be extremely close. Any small thing could tip it one way or the other. 

Don't be surprised if this doesn't end up helping Trump in the long run.