Wherever you are, remember this moment for the rest of your life.....

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

But yet the IRS didn't charge him for any tax crimes.  

Or the federal election commission.

And all of this in a jurisdiction that is not prosecuting some pretty serious crimes. This was clearly political. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

those charges are only applicable if there is a crime committed which induces those records to be "false."

but because you cannot attack an argument you attack the person. it's cute. you're cute. i love you.

this is about the most ######ed response one could imagine that does not even make sense. "attacking" those posters because they double down on their belief... ?

Muppy comes into any post about politics as some sanctimonious being of all insight with poor logic, bad arguments, and insults... then cries victim every time when it's given back to her

roundybout is a troll who just harasses anyone with insults

joe ferguson is a reincarnate (multiple times) of someone who caused a kerfuffle here in PPP for years only for his own jollies)

4th is such a bad troll he goes to other sites just to troll people because his life has nothing else better to do -  literally his words. LITERALLY saying he had nothing else to do.

and show me where i support Trump.

so, before you want to whiteknight ... know your subject.

You keep fighting the good fight.  I’m sure you’re making a difference. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And…NY did and 12jurors agreed. So what?

So what?

You don't think jurisdiction mattered in the case? You don't think the judge mattered in this case?

Interesting

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

A silly question. The obvious answer is none of these.

Being tried because you are a threat to someone's power is not a crime. That's where the line is.

Yet, we've seen numerous politicians tried for crimes in this country's history before, and it mostly ends up being a slap on the wrist no matter what.

He's being tried because he committed crimes.  And 34 felonies may result in a different outcome for once than a slap on the wrist.  More to come too.  He's done worse than this.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No wonder all those hedge fund managers and Black Rock CEOs are lining up for Biden

They support both, don't they?

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

He's being tried because he committed crimes.  And 34 felonies may result in a different outcome for once than a slap on the wrist.  More to come too.  He's done worse than this.  

Again, the ends justifying the means

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

So what?

You don't think jurisdiction mattered in the case? You don't think the judge mattered in this case?

Interesting

The jurisdiction always matters.

The judge always matters.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

So we've answered the "so what"! Making progress

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

So what?

Interesting

I guess Trump shouldn't have committed the crimes in Manhattan.

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Such a shame she sold out.  When she had her own opinions and was doing ted talks she brought up real issues

I agree. 

I remember the time when she was a refreshing fairly even-handed sub for blowhard Olbermann.

I don't like watching commenters when you know that they won't ever diverge from the official script. Why bother?

It's like reading posts from Ol' Tarheel.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

I guess Trump shouldn't have committed the crimes in Manhattan.

Venues and judges are changed all the time to achieve fairness in our judicial processes.  Not necessary opining that either should have happened in this case, but fairness is always considered pretty important in our judiciary. Bias is always considered, both in fact and in appearance. Odd the powers didn't think either was necessary in this case.

We'll see what the appeals process concludes.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a thought: maybe it's not the end of the Republic.

Maybe if young men (and face facts, we're talking about men) with political aspirations learn that they will be prosecuted for breaking the law even though they are well-connected, there will be a new class of politicians who don't treat the law as nonbinding guidance.

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Venues and judges are changed all the time to achieve fairness in our judicial processes.  Not necessary opining that either should have happened in this case, but fairness is always considered pretty important in our judiciary. Bias is always considered, both in fact and in appearance. Odd the powers didn't think either was necessary in this case.

We'll see what the appeals process concludes.

Venue changes are extremely rare, and are based on pre-trial publicity in a particular district that could be addressed by moving the trial elsewhere.

Where could we have moved OJ's trial? Trump's trial? Were the prospective jurors of WDNY (Buffalo) unaware of who this Trump fellow is and what people say he's done or been wrongfully accused of doing?

Such motions are not based on how the district's populace voted in the last election.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Do you have a cockatoo and a NYC accent Mickey Gubitosi? And dat's the name of dat  tune.

• Haha (+1) 2