Wherever you are, remember this moment for the rest of your life.....

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I have to say that the response from either side was probably predictable, right? I'm sad for the state of our country today. 

My quick take:

Look it up. I never liked the idea of this prosecution. I thought it was ill-advised for various reasons, although I conceded that the legal theory was tighter than I imagined when the indictment was first issued.

But the process was small-f fair, in that it was the process any criminal defendant gets. If you don't like that a prospective jury pool is liberal in NYC, well, then change your HQ to Palm Beach. Capital F "Fair" in a global sense? Well, sure. Argue about that all you want.

In my experience I have never seen anyone prosecuted on gun possession charges for failing to disclose a drug addiction. Hunter Biden is being prosecuted for that. Sometimes who you are matters in a decision whether or not to prosecute. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My quick take:

Look it up. I never liked the idea of this prosecution. I thought it was ill-advised for various reasons, although I conceded that the legal theory was tighter than I imagined when the indictment was first issued.

But the process was small-f fair, in that it was the process any criminal defendant gets. If you don't like that a prospective jury pool is liberal in NYC, well, then change your HQ to Palm Beach. Capital F "Fair" in a global sense? Well, sure. Argue about that all you want.

In my experience I have never seen anyone prosecuted on gun possession charges for failing to disclose a drug addiction. Hunter Biden is being prosecuted for that. Sometimes who you are matters in a decision whether or not to prosecute. 

In NY they don't prosecute  for gun possession unless it used to create a victim. 

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Toned down the Orange Glo this morning.

Starts off with immigration.

Greatest Hits!

Can we just send him to a small island to run things there?  Isn't that what kings would do in olden times, when outright killing was a bit too harsh?  How the heck did Napoleon get to live out his days in exile?

1 hour ago, boyst said:

What was the crime you sniveling vermin? He has to have a crime to have committed the crime he was charged with ... Don't bother responding because I know you're intellectually unable to respond with anything more than a double dumbass take.

You seem as upset as I feel celebratory. Relax.  A vile criminal is getting his comeuppance. I’m Listening to trump spew lies in twisted English. And the MAGAs will lap it up and never question his statements. To them, truth doesn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You seem as upset as I feel celebratory. Relax.  A vile criminal is getting his comeuppance. I’m Listening to trump spew lies in twisted English. And the MAGAs will lap it up and never question his statements. To them, truth doesn’t matter. 

A vile criminal? Based on this trial? Like I said...

The ends are justifying the means for you

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

America died a long time ago.   This is just the realization of what happens when you try and revive it 

Can you define what America was when it was “alive”

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Can we just send him to a small island to run things there?  Isn't that what kings would do in olden times, when outright killing was a bit too harsh?  How the heck did Napoleon get to live out his days in exile?

Exactly. 

And I'm a realist. If he had just slinked back to Mar-a-Lago and continued selling condos to sheiks I don't think he would've been prosecuted. But no, like Napoleon he just had to come back for more. 

Shakespeare knew how these things end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

A vile criminal? Based on this trial? Like I said...

The ends are justifying the means for you

Based on his entire life. He’s a mobster. We almost always win against them on financial charges.  He’s no different 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Based on his entire life. He’s a mobster. We almost always win against them on financial charges.  He’s no different 

This is the definition of the ends justifying the means

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Get a grip - my dad lived in Germany 1934-1951. His uncle was in a re-education camp. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Attempting to throw your political opponents in prison is how it starts.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i'm not upset. i know this won't impact my life whatsoever.

i'm sorry your pants are ruined from that massive erection you're surely rocking right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'm sorry your pants are ruined from that massive erection you're surely rocking right now.

Sh!!tlibs don’t seem to understand that if Trump’s in jail or not, it has no affect on us WHATSOEVER.

I have to drag my sorry azz to work each and every day, no matter who the POTUS is.

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Attempting to throw your political opponents in prison is how it starts.

Ah, they should be allowed to commit crimes then?  Which ones?  Can they kill?  Steal?  Define where the line here is.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

This is the definition of the ends justifying the means

No. Financial crimes are easier to prove. It’s why the FBI has many CPAs. A legitimate successful prosecution of a crook on financial grounds is normal and smart. 

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Ah, they should be allowed to commit crimes then?  Which ones?  Can they kill?  Steal?  Define where the line here is.  

A silly question. The obvious answer is none of these.

Being tried because you are a threat to someone's power is not a crime. That's where the line is.

Yet, we've seen numerous politicians tried for crimes in this country's history before, and it mostly ends up being a slap on the wrist no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No. Financial crimes are easier to prove. It’s why the FBI has many CPAs. A legitimate successful prosecution of a crook on financial grounds is normal and smart. 

But yet the IRS didn't charge him for any tax crimes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is strange and disturbing. I’d prefer you not imagine my genitals. Re your mention of my tenure here, I must have been a 1 man wrecking ball cuz other than Conner, I was the only poster left of Attila the Hun here.  I came for fun and the occasional challenge. Why are you here?

• Eyeroll 1