Wherever you are, remember this moment for the rest of your life.....

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So true, just like not many people say they supported Bush or his war 

just like suddenly you can’t find a democrat who supported the blm riots

• Thank you (+1) 1

Your Sunday Clarice. . . . . . . . . . . . 

The Trumped Up Conviction and its Consequences

American Thinker, by Clarice Feldman

Some years ago, I was trying a denaturalization case of someone who aided the Nazis. As an aside, the judge mentioned that his dad had been distraught upon hearing of the Hitler-Stalin pact because he knew it meant there would be a world war. I felt much the same upon reading of the verdict in the New York case against President Trump. There have been a number of fine analyses of the case itself, and I have chosen one which I discuss below for its clarity, but I’m concentrating today on the aftermath of this ill-conceived political hit job.

As the editors of the Wall Street Journal observed about a “turducken” of a case charging a former president of obscure unprecedented offenses which even if proven would constitute only a misdemeanor on which the statute of limitations had long passed:

The conviction sets a precedent of using legal cases, no matter how sketchy, to try to knock out political opponents, including former Presidents. Mr. Trump has already vowed to return the favor. If Democrats felt like cheering Thursday when the guilty verdict was read, they should think again. Mr. Bragg might have opened a new destabilizing era of American politics, and no one can say how it will end.

John Lucas contends that this judge, jury, and prosecutors “have flung this country into a downward spiral from which we may never recover,” he argues, and I agree, the verdict is the most dangerous day in our history.

The Democrats have made the rules, and their opponents will have little choice but to play the game.  

This is not a game that can or will be played by one side only. The rules are now set. When Republicans have the chance, they will play the game. Many, perhaps most, will think that a response is mandatory and that “taking the high road” is no longer an option. Instead, it would be regarded by the “progressive” left -- that is to say those now in charge of the Democratic party -- as weakness if they roll over and fail to respond. This is an existential threat to the stability of our political system and nation. That risk makes this the most dangerous day in the history of the Country, at least in our lifetimes

{snip}

Many legal practitioners have noted the major flaws in this case, and have done a fine job of it, but for clear and simple to understand descriptions, I recommend Will Chamberlain’s:

1. It's not remotely clear that a. the records were false or b. that Trump knew anything about the attempt to falsify them. It's not obvious how to classify an NDA [ed: Non-disclosure agreement] expense, and the idea that Trump -- who was President at the time of the alleged falsification -- was paying attention to how expenses were being recorded in drop-down menus on accounting software strains belief. 2. This is the first time that falsification was charged for records *that were not expected to be seen outside the organization*. Falsification is normally charged alongside fraud cases where the falsification is in service of, say, getting a bank to issue a loan it wouldn't otherwise issue. Here there was no fraud. No one was relying on these records. There is no victim. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/06/the_trumped_up_conviction_and_its_consequences.html

On 5/31/2024 at 12:15 PM, BillsFanNC said:

So friggin out of touch.

Pathetic. 

I'm not the one who's out of touch. My life doesn't revolve around the online politics world. Do you go out into society much? Most people in our country don't hate each other because of politics. 

This is probably a personal anecdote but I'm literally in Houston, Texas right now for work and lots of people were out at the bars over the weekend and very few people were even talking about this. And the couple conversations that did happen around it were pretty mixed opinions but everyone was chill and was just drinking and discussing it. And then we moved on to something else. 

That's pretty much what happens. The majority of people are not completely consumed by politics. You have literally said here that anyone who disagrees with you is your enemy. That is the online politics/Far Left/MAGA world, it's not the majority of the real world.  Most of us can disagree with each other over a beer. 

But regardless of what happens, most people will move on with their lives. This "America died today" stuff is so incredibly dramatic. Especially from the people who actually think this will help Trump. It may, I think he's probably going to win. 

But I, as with most Americans, have a life outside of politics. You need some balance dude, this is just straight up unhealthy. 

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️

Might supplant the King for title of the most partisan poster who insists he's above the political fray.

:lol:

Ask anyone here if they’ve been unable to have a civil discussion with me no matter what their view is. Even yourself.

I’m not the one who just constantly tries to drag everything into some kind of insult war and is unable to just talk policy or political philosophy. 

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Ask anyone here if they’ve been unable to have a civil discussion with me no matter what their view is. Even yourself.

I’m not the one who just constantly tries to drag everything into some kind of insult war and is unable to just talk policy or political philosophy. 

That’s his intelligence level, and he can’t defend trump so that is all he has to resort to. He is Ass hat all day long on here

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Spokesman For Manhattan US Attorney’s
Office Caught on Tape Ripping DA Bragg
Over Trump Prosecution; Calls Case ‘Nonsense’

by Debrah Heine

The top Department of Justice spokesman for the Southern District of New York was caught on a hidden camera lambasting Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, calling the case “nonsense” and accusing Democrats of being “out to get” the Republican presidential nominee.

Nicholas Biase, chief spokesman for the Manhattan US Attorney’s Office, was secretly recorded in July and August dishing about Bragg and his “hush-money” case against Trump by an undercover journalist for conservative commentator Steven Crowder’s “Mug Club.” Crowder released the shocking footage on Thursday, saying at the onset that Biase was “not the bad guy here,” but an “unwitting whistleblower.”

https://amgreatness.com/2024/09/06/spokesman-for-manhattan-us-attorneys-office-caught-on-tape-ripping-da-bragg-over-trump-prosecution-calls-case-nonsense/

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Please remind me. What was that moment that I was supposed to remember for the rest of my life? Because I've forgotten it.

Would be an interesting, apolitical thread in the off the wall area,

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Would be an interesting, apolitical thread in the off the wall area,

I honestly couldn't remember what it was. Took me a few posts from the start to figure out if was the jury verdict in the hush money trial.

Not exactly "where were you heard JFK was shot" moment.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I honestly couldn't remember what it was. Took me a few posts from the start to figure out if was the jury verdict in the hush money trial.

Not exactly "where were you heard JFK was shot" moment.

Your not alone.  There have been so many shocking things with Trump.

The day he got impeached the first time.

The day he tried to overthrow the government.

The day he got impeached the second time.

The day he got indicted the first time.

The day he got indicted the second time.

The day he got indicted the third time.

The day he got indicted the fourth time.

The day he lost $5 million to E. Jean Carroll.

The day he lost $83 million to E. Jean Carroll.

The day he lost $355 million for persistent fraud.

The day he was convicted of felonies for election interference in the 2016 election.

The day he got a ear piercing.

Those are just a few of the standouts.