Anyone Want To Take A Vet Minimum Flier On Yannick Ngakoue?

H2o

It wouldn't hurt for the competition at least. He had 9.5 sacks for Indy in 2022. It also seems like the type of move we would make at this point, if it is available. He and Floyd are both similar in size, though Floyd was always better against the run than Ngakoue. What say you TSW? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/yannick-ngakoue-hopes-establish-himself-004147330.html

“Honestly, I haven’t really been thinking about an offer or details in specific at all,” Ngakoue told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday. “The only thing I’ve been thinking about is taking that grass again and re-establishing myself on the field as one of the fiercest competitors in the game today."

I think the Bills decision makers are higher on Epenesa and Rousseau both having big years than the fanbase is. I hope it happens and Von can come back with 5-8 sacks, if that happens the pass rush should be good.

He's been available in the past and made no attempt to get him. I have to believe there's no interest. He isn't horrible by his stats but his inability to stick with a team for long means he's either looking for a bigger contract all the time or he isn't well liked for whatever reason. 

No.  He's probably the NFL's most one-dimensional active player.   Even punters do more on gameday.

He's the player you bring in November if you want just the pass rush effort.  

If it would provide some actual palpable pressure against Mahomes on the last couple drives of the 4th quarter or OT, then I’m all for whatever that takes—it’s soul-crushing to see the Chiefs in particular be able to take all day on a critical down and leisurely toss it to whoever is open (usually Kelce of course) against us with nary a whisper of a rush to worry about when it counts. That’s dogged this team for many years running imho. 

29 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Because our pass rush is so robust?  I think it’s a no brainer at vet min to add him as a situational pass rusher.  Bills reportedly had interest in the past.

No because he is a poor character who tries when he wants. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

First I’ve heard of this…Beane gave him an offer last year so?

I don't remember that but if you have never heard the character issues with him I'm shocked. Why else do you think a reasonably productive player is looking for his 7th team in 6 years?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.