Waddle gets paid

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

actually, there is a shortage of babies world-wide.  The world actually needs more well-raised children, not less.  

https://www.wsj.com/world/birthrates-global-decline-cause-ddaf8be2?mod=Searchresults_pos4&page=1

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

The WR market "bursting" will be team specific driven IMO.  You have a mediocre QB you NEED elite WRs.  Those teams will pay.

You have an elite QB, you can't pay everyone.

What I see with the new cap situation is this.  The days of attempting to put that Superbowl team together with franchise players in positions

of QB, DE, LT, WR, CB and let's say another team scheme specific player is getting hard to do.  The cap keeps going up but the elite position $s

seem to be outpacing the whole.

The "KC blueprint" isn't unique.  A few years ago, in regard to WR cost, was exactly what the Patriots did.

You’re absolutely right about the Pats. They were very successful using that strategy. KC is the latest team to have similar success with this method. 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

actually, there is a shortage of babies world-wide.  The world actually needs more well-raised children, not less.  

https://www.wsj.com/world/birthrates-global-decline-cause-ddaf8be2?mod=Searchresults_pos4&page=1

More people just means the same amount of resources split between more people. Sustainable Population studies hypothesize we're already over-populated by 2.5-3X of the optimal number.

Edited by BullBuchanan

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

More people just means the same amount of resources split between more people. Sustainable Population studies hypothesize we're already over-populated by 2.5-3X of the optimal number.

are you volunteering

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

He signed his deal in 2022 for 4 years. The last year has a massive base salary that essentially forces them to release him like a huge roster bonus, or forces them to restructure and extend.  His thought is why wait to do that and give me some guarantees. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

Alcohol is beyond you. Do you do coke?

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

You’re absolutely right about the Pats. They were very successful using that strategy. KC is the latest team to have similar success with this method. 

Both teams also had a great defense 

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Alcohol is beyond you. Do you do coke?

_____  Coke does sound good now 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

Ok, let's get back on topic everyone. More Dolphins gloom and doom talk makes everyone happy...well except for one poster.

Where is Airseven anyway? :lol: I feel like I haven't seen him on here in quite some time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Just from a cap % standpoint, I don't think the expensive WR/QB pairing is sustainable. As it stand now there hasn't been a QB with a top tier cap number and WR with a top tier cap number to ever win a SB. Pundits talk all the time about how important it is to maximize rookie QB contracts. Now WR's on second deals are getting $25M per guaranteed? 

I am glad the Dolphins are making this decision. 

What?  T Brady had M Evans and C Godwin - both expensive (along w Gronk)

M Stafford had C Kupp and OBJ

I think it would be wise for the Bills to invest in a good WR.

Some teams are now doing the expensive QB/WR1/WR2 route like Philly.  I don't know how they're going to do it.

But I agree the Dolphins are going to be in trouble soon.

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Waddle is good but there’s no way he deserves Top 5 money. 

Tee Higgins and Brandon Aiyuk both sitting back like...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952th6vmrsr7e3wnmeu8mm

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Waddle is good but there’s no way he deserves Top 5 money. 

He won't be Top 5 for very long with a ton of new contracts about to hit. The deal will look pretty reasonable by this time next year.
Those top 4 will all eclipse him.

image.png

Edited by BullBuchanan

22 minutes ago, Putin said:

Both teams also had a great defense 

_____  Coke does sound good now 

Chiefs defense was great just this past season. Agreed about Pats defense, especially early in Brady’s career. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.