Waddle gets paid

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't think it's that unlikely since they have basically treated Tua like a player they want to replace since year 2.  First there were rumors of trading him to several different teams and then the "getting caught with Brady on a boat" when trying to lure him to Miami.  It sounds like the front office just doesn't want him.

That or justify he deserves franchise money, aka QB purgatory. Personally I think better to cut bait sooner than later yet way that team is built, if you fail getting someone as good as Tua it could be another Cleveland situation which is even worse IMO.

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

Since none of Rivers kids are homeless or starving, I think the world can support them.  

I really hope someone doesn’t put this post on Reddit or another platform and give Bills fans bad names.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

nah Rivers is a whackjob too. If you need a convoy to travel with your kids, you have a problem. No one's DNA is that special.

Ghengis Khan would disagree.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

I thought I had seen it all, but a topic about Jaylen Waddle’s contract resulting in a post like this on page 2 is probably a new TBD record.

49 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

receivers just $1.02B a dozen these days

This off-season is feeling a lot like peak drought days when the Bills would

never draft a QB high and we had folks talking about how you don’t need to draft a QB in the first round, that it’s something that the terrible teams do, that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick etc etc.

Havent seen this much whistling past the graveyard in a while. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Even before Tua signs his deal.  They are in a pickle moving forward. 

They paid Chubb.  Picks and dollars for Ramsey. To a lesser extent Jackson Brooks and Sieler.  Picked up the 5th year option for Phillips (this is a large cap hold going into the offseason that you may want to tag someone).  

They didn't pay Hunt and Wilkins.  Cut Howard and eat 23M in dead space in 2025.  I just don't see how they can keep Holland AND Phillips after this year.  Oddly enough - this group is some of their best players from 2023.  

Hills cap hit in 2026 is 56M, which will require a major restructure - which is concerning when the player is 32.  

Armstead's cap hit increases to 22M in 2025 and he will be 34.  The void years for decreasing those hits would be the same as Hill, so i suspect he is released next offseason.  

It's basically - you're married to this core, or you're ripping off several bandaid's at once. 

Let's start with the obvious.  The $56M cap hit for Hill in 2026 is NEVER going to happen.  No way is there a restructure for a then 32-year-old WR.

The Waddle signing is proof they believe he will take over WR1 in 2026.  Waddle contract extension doesn't kick in until that year.

Waddle is playing under his 5th year option next season.

Jalen Ramsey's contract is unsustainable.  He will be cut next year which in essence they pay him $25M to leave and get $1M in cap relief.

If they keep him, they pay $26M in 2025 and owe $18M in void dead cap in 2026.  That tells me he is GONE.  No way they cost him out for

$44M to keep him in 2025.  You are totally right about him being gone in 2025.

Armstead is a puzzlement for them.  I think it's all on how he plays this season.  I guess it depends on Eichenberg or maybe Wynn.

Right now, I see a good chance he is gone too, but they only get $4M in cap relief. 

Chubb, like you say is another quandary.  I think they do 1 of him or Armstead.  They can't take dead cap on all of them.

They are ALL-IN this season for sure.  The insane thing is they haven't done anything (to this point) about Tua.  If this was going

on in Buffalo this board would melt down.  LOL.

35 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

actually their WR3 is OBJ and they have probably the best backfield in the league w Achane/Mostert

OBJ is once again a FA.  As I said above, the Dolphins are ALL-IN this year because next year will be crazy for them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Rivers is catholic and most catholics don't believe in birth control and have large families. 

I know many catholics that have 6 or 7 brothers and sisters. 

Granted it's not 10 like Rivers but it's not that far off.

Since Rivers has made almost 200M in his 17 year career I think his kids are doing ok

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Waddle is an excellent receiver, but I'm wondering if we're at one of those inflection points where having a number of mid tier guys that can catch is going to be the future vs an all star or two.  I'm hoping anyways! If you had told me 30 years ago that RB was a commodity position, i wouldnt have believed you.

Teans will start to copy KC’s blueprint and the receiver market would burst eventually. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They were already 11.5 million over the cap for 2025.  Add this and you are at 27 million over the cap next year without paying your QB.     Bradley Chubb better start thinking about relocation plans for January/February 2025. 

If I was the one running the Dolphins, I'd ask: what kind of play are we getting from Tua? What kind of play could we get from the QB position, if we drafted Tua's replacement?

If you don't think you could get someone as good as Tua, then you obviously have to extend him, and deal with the ugly salary cap implications as best you can. But to my eyes, Tua isn't that special. A good QB draft prospect could be better. If the Dolphins go that road, they potentially upgrade their QB position, while also improving their salary cap.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

nah Rivers is a whackjob too. If you need a convoy to travel with your kids, you have a problem. No one's DNA is that special.

Genghis Khan disagrees. 

8 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Teans will start to copy KC’s blueprint and the receiver market would burst eventually. 

The WR market "bursting" will be team specific driven IMO.  You have a mediocre QB you NEED elite WRs.  Those teams will pay.

You have an elite QB, you can't pay everyone.

What I see with the new cap situation is this.  The days of attempting to put that Superbowl team together with franchise players in positions

of QB, DE, LT, WR, CB and let's say another team scheme specific player is getting hard to do.  The cap keeps going up but the elite position $s

seem to be outpacing the whole.

The "KC blueprint" isn't unique.  A few years ago, in regard to WR cost, was exactly what the Patriots did.

• Like (+1) 1

How many teams are paying a single star WR with a franchise QB deal on the books? Are the Dolphins really going to try this with 2 star WRs? That's going to tie up 40% of the salary cap on 3 offensive weapons.

It's an interesting strategy, Cotton.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He said that he would retire after this contract is up.  Curious to see if he sticks to that.

Something tells me Tyreek will not be able to afford to stop playing...kinda like Antonio Brown... 

15 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If I was the one running the Dolphins, I'd ask: what kind of play are we getting from Tua? What kind of play could we get from the QB position, if we drafted Tua's replacement?

If you don't think you could get someone as good as Tua, then you obviously have to extend him, and deal with the ugly salary cap implications as best you can. But to my eyes, Tua isn't that special. A good QB draft prospect could be better. If the Dolphins go that road, they potentially upgrade their QB position, while also improving their salary cap.

IF you are moving on from Tua you don't want to be put in a situation where the current team is.  The Dolphins could easily be a playoff

contending team.  You don't get a good draft pick with that.  That's why you blow up the team this season or you sign Tua.

Miami has a total cap hit for next season of $112M for Hill, Chubb, Ramsey and a 34-year-old Armstead.

That's why I agree with what @Bleeding Bills Bluesaid about them being in a "pickle".  They are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.