Waddle gets paid

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe it's not going to drop like crazy. But it already has kind of stabilized. Here are a few examples:

2023- Gabe Davis- 3 years 39

Imo Gabe Davis IS an example of an inflated market. Let's see how many passes he catches (and/or drops) without Josh Allen throwing to him.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ah yes, ad hominems - the desperate flail of a defeated man. I already gave you the research. Do with it what you will.

lol lighten up, just playing… it’s not that serious. Have a great weekend 

On 6/1/2024 at 6:55 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Oh I know. Kincaid has a long way to go to be in a category of the elite TEs. But if we even think of Carolina when McDermott was there. Greg Olsen was their WR1 for many seasons. 

Not sure if Olsen is an elite TE. He had a few elite TE seasons though. He’s never really mentioned with Kelce, Gronk, and those types.

I think Olsen was elite. Top 10 all time TDs, receptions and yards. Not in the category of Gronk, Kecle and Gonzalez, but those are your top 3 all time in no particular order.

38 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think Olsen was elite. Top 10 all time TDs, receptions and yards. Not in the category of Gronk, Kecle and Gonzalez, but those are your top 3 all time in no particular order.

Yea he was elite but for a shorter period. He was considered something of a 1st round bust in Chicago but he had a solid 5 year period there with the Panthers where he was right at that elite level and was a bona fide #1 weapon on that team. As you say he isn't in the Gronk, Kelce, Gonzalez tier but he had a solid period of elite play in his career. 

The vikings said hold on we can pay more than that and paid Jefferson.  Which makes perfect sense because after cousins was hurt last year Jefferson carried the Vikings to a division title and a championship.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The vikings said hold on we can pay more than that and paid Jefferson.  Which makes perfect sense because after cousins was hurt last year Jefferson carried the Vikings to a division title and a championship.

Well good for JJ but the Vikings actually finished 3rd in the division and missed the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well good for JJ but the Vikings actually finished 3rd in the division and missed the playoffs 

Impossible.  Justin Jefferson is a #1 WR and the best in the league.   

• Shocked 1

Poor, poor Tua......the guys got a deal coming, but i'm just not sure it will be with the Fins.

* If Tua gets a deal with the Fins, they will obviously overpay and put that team in cap hell and i don't see that happening, but it's the Fins, so there's a whole lot of stupid across the board going on with that franchise

* If the Fins don't pay the man, he'll walk and become a backup somewhere else.....he might be a starter for some franchise, but i don't see it, as every team has witnessed his limitations

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Poor, poor Tua......the guys got a deal coming, but i'm just not sure it will be with the Fins.

* If Tua gets a deal with the Fins, they will obviously overpay and put that team in cap hell and i don't see that happening, but it's the Fins, so there's a whole lot of stupid across the board going on with that franchise

* If the Fins don't pay the man, he'll walk and become a backup somewhere else.....he might be a starter for some franchise, but i don't see it, as every team has witnessed his limitations

That would only be if Tua doesn't hold out now.  It's now that Tua has the upper hand.  Very risky IMO for Tua to go into this season without a mega-deal, he could easily get a career ending concussion.

If the Fins play hard ball and don't cave, they won't have a QB this year worth anything and Tua will be at his same market value next year since he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.