Waddle gets paid

You want a class on how not to build a winner...see Miami.  Top 5 money to TWO WR's now and likely top money to a QB who can't get past his early reads or beat .500 or better teams is hilarious.  

First off, Waddle is no where near a top 5 WR...they should have traded him or let him playout his deal and walk.  He isn't worth anything close to this money...and to pay him that on top of Hills deal?  LOL.  

They suck in the trenches on both sides of the ball right now...their front 7 is one of the worst in the AFC on defense, and their best OL can't stay on the field and probably retires soon.  

Calling it now:  If Rodgers stays healthy, Miami will not make the playoffs.  You already have:  KC, Buf, Balt, Cin, and Hou that should all be playoff teams and likely see the division winners come from that group.  Then you still have Pitt, Cle, Jets, Jags, Colts, LAC, and Mia as teams that might or should compete for a playoff spot.  Miami barely made the playoffs last year after blowing a 4 game lead in our division the back half of the season with a better defense than they will have this year (they finished 10th last year).  Now, they have even more competition in the AFC and its own division with the return of QB's like Burrow, Rodgers, Watson, Richardson...not to mention teams like Steelers getting an upgrade at QB on a playoff caliber roster.  

So just can't see how Miami is not a worse team this year compared to last year in a tougher AFC overall and tougher division with Rodgers seemingly back for Jets.  And even one game worse likely puts them out of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I guess they are taking Hill at his word that he plans to retire after this contract.  Waddle without Hill is a completely different receiver and not worth this much money.  

Imagine having 80 mil tied up in Waddle and Tua? 🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

17 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Waddle? He's a wide receiver. I remember reading somewhere that they are a dime a dozen. 

Never mond.

Ya I read that article from florio that he thinks WRs will turn into RBs.

No way IMO as the top guys will always break bank.

I think the guys who will suffer in the WR market in the next 5 years or so are the guys like Gabe Davis . The above average to middle guys

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

They aren't going to be able to win a lot of games 41-40

McDaniel and the GM don't get fired this year, but after 2025 when they go 6-11, they're cooked.

I agree...eventually this expensive and unsustainable Tua, Waddle & Hill bubble will burst.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You can get 12 for a dime.

I expected a few of these comments, and there have been some.  

However, I find it interesting that the general tenor of comments from people here is that the Dolphins are idiots for spending so much money on wideouts.   Someone said Hill and Waddle will make more than the entire Bills wide receiver room.  It's probably true.   The question is whether Miami's offensive production will be THAT much better the Bills because they have these two guys.  And the answer is, no.  

Whatever.  We've had that discussion, and it was fun.  We don't need to have it again.

I, like many here, was glad to see that Miami did.  I don't think they have the right quarterback, and it's really dumb to spend money on receivers if you don't have a quarterback.  It just limits what you have when the right QB comes along.  And because I don't think they have the right QB, I'm hoping that they give him a big contract.  Then they're in cap hell and don't have a QB.   That would be great.  

• Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

However, I find it interesting that the general tenor of comments from people here is that the Dolphins are idiots for spending so much money on wideouts.   Someone said Hill and Waddle will make more than the entire Bills wide receiver room.  It's probably true.   The question is whether Miami's offensive production will be THAT much better the Bills because they have these two guys.  And the answer is, no.  

Whatever.  We've had that discussion, and it was fun.  We don't need to have it again.

I, like many here, was glad to see that Miami did.  I don't think they have the right quarterback, and it's really dumb to spend money on receivers if you don't have a quarterback.  It just limits what you have when the right QB comes along.  And because I don't think they have the right QB, I'm hoping that they give him a big contract.  Then they're in cap hell and don't have a QB.   That would be great.  

It was no reflection of YOUR post Shaw, this has been the opinion on this board for years

But, I am sure you know this...:thumbsup:

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

Getting little incel in here

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

I was one of 6 boys in my family.  I never felt my parents didn't spend enough time with me.   But they also didn't parcel out x amount of minutes per child.by themselves. Sometimes we actually did things altogether as a family at the same time. What an ingenious set of parents I had!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

A couple of comments for you.  Yes, I believe you will hear it for a while, but in an instance above they were quoting the article by Florio.  Florio's article came out after yours and was eerily similar.  

The person above didn't say Hill and Waddle, they said just Waddle was more than the Bills WR and TE combined (I'm not sure why they didn't throw in our inexpensive RB room but maybe they didn't have the $5M to spare).  In my world that is another clue that a WR is on the way, the Bills entire current offensive playmaker budget is incredibly inexpensive - and is for 2025 as well.  It could easily support one top tier WR IMO -and they should do it!

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Come on Shaw! Maintain a sense of humor. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I mean, "right quarterback" for what? Winning a Super Bowl? There are probably 28 starting QBs in the league right now that will never do that. What quarterback is just going to drop in their lap that's gonna do that for them?

Before you try to win a Super Bowl, you have to be a winning team, and they've been that under Tua and then some. I though the kid would be a joke at the NFL level, but when he's been healthy he's been pretty good. He's not a top 3 guy or anything, but he's a top 10 player for sure. If there's a top QB available in next year's draft, there's virtually nothing they could do to get him and in an attempt to do so, they'd alienate Tua and have to go all-in on an unknown entity. It would also push Hill and Mostert to the end of their prime and they'd have to start all over again.

At a certain point, you just have to commit with what you've got accepting your chances are lower than what you'd like or just blow everything up and end up with no chance for years.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

What was the alternative for Miami?

Of course they've signed their two stud WRs to deserving contracts.  

Agreed. Waddles contract doesn't kick in for another 2 years as well.

In 2 years Hill will probably be gone. So if Waddle takes another step, 28.5 mil for WR1 will be looking good with all these crazy WR contracts .

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

They scored the 2nd most points in the league last year and were first in yards with, in your words, the wrong QB. 

How is that not worth every penny?

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You want a class on how not to build a winner...see Miami.  Top 5 money to TWO WR's now and likely top money to a QB who can't get past his early reads or beat .500 or better teams is hilarious.  

First off, Waddle is no where near a top 5 WR...they should have traded him or let him playout his deal and walk.  He isn't worth anything close to this money...and to pay him that on top of Hills deal?  LOL.  

They suck in the trenches on both sides of the ball right now...their front 7 is one of the worst in the AFC on defense, and their best OL can't stay on the field and probably retires soon.  

Calling it now:  If Rodgers stays healthy, Miami will not make the playoffs.  You already have:  KC, Buf, Balt, Cin, and Hou that should all be playoff teams and likely see the division winners come from that group.  Then you still have Pitt, Cle, Jets, Jags, Colts, LAC, and Mia as teams that might or should compete for a playoff spot.  Miami barely made the playoffs last year after blowing a 4 game lead in our division the back half of the season with a better defense than they will have this year (they finished 10th last year).  Now, they have even more competition in the AFC and its own division with the return of QB's like Burrow, Rodgers, Watson, Richardson...not to mention teams like Steelers getting an upgrade at QB on a playoff caliber roster.  

So just can't see how Miami is not a worse team this year compared to last year in a tougher AFC overall and tougher division with Rodgers seemingly back for Jets.  And even one game worse likely puts them out of the playoffs.

Buffalo needed a miracle to make the playoffs last year and Miami needed a similar miracle to collapse the way they did. We both lost a number of key pieces this season, but Miami is at least returning one of the top offenses in the league that should be at minimum equal to last season's talent level. The Bills are looking to replace two of their top 3 weapons on offense without premium prospects or FA additions. I guess it's possible that they're a better offensive unit than they were last year, but it's a massive gamble.

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Buffalo needed a miracle to make the playoffs last year and Miami needed a similar miracle to collapse the way they did. We both lost a number of key pieces this season, but Miami is at least returning one of the top offenses in the league that should be at minimum equal to last season's talent level. The Bills are looking to replace two of their top 3 weapons on offense without premium prospects or FA additions. I guess it's possible that they're a better offensive unit than they were last year, but it's a massive gamble.

I get that, but I have a lot more confidence in Josh Allen and our coaching staff on both sides of the ball than I do about Tua and the Miami staff.  

And it wasn't a "miracle"...Dolphins have won only 2 games in 2 years vs .500 or better teams, it's who they are.  They beat Dallas, another pretender annually, and they beat us in the heat stroke bowl the year before where we Tommy Doyle had to play the last 4 snaps of the game on a torn ACL because we had no more OL left and its why we didn't have enough time to get the ball spiked to win the game...so that game was more a miracle win for them that took absolute extreme conditions for them to only win on a technicality of 1 second not being left on the clock.  

Miami also lost 5 straight with Tua in 2022 to end the season with Tua getting hurt to miss the final game of the season in which they won with a 3rd string QB or they would have missed the playoffs in 2022 too thanks to another Miami collapse with a healthy Tua.

So...yeah, not a miracle, thats a repeated pattern for 2 consecutive years by Miami.  And its not that we as Buffalo needed a miracle, we need an OC change which when we did led to the Bills going 6-1 were 5 of the teams had top 10 defenses and 4 of them were playoff teams.  Thats a good team winning games thanks to a coaching change fixing what wasn't working.  

I even started a thread that said I expect us to not only win out, but reach the AFCCG with 5 weeks left to go and still 3 games out of the playoffs.  It was what I expected to happen after we got rid of the problem (Dorsey).  And we came a stepped on foot away from doing it too...although we did win out like I said we would.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.