Waddle gets paid

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's got 10 kids at age 30 including 4 in the last year. I'm doubting he slows down any time soon. Dude will need every cent he can get.

The 10 kids in of itself isn’t the issue, Phil Rivers has no problem supporting his own, it’s the fact he’s had those 10 kids with 8 different baby mamas, that’s where he done fu*ked up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, julian said:

The 10 kids in of itself isn’t the issue, Phil Rivers has no problem supporting his own, it’s the fact he’s had those 10 kids with 8 different baby mamas, that’s where he done fu*ked up.

nah Rivers is a whackjob too. If you need a convoy to travel with your kids, you have a problem. No one's DNA is that special.

• Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just from a cap % standpoint, I don't think the expensive WR/QB pairing is sustainable. As it stand now there hasn't been a QB with a top tier cap number and WR with a top tier cap number to ever win a SB. Pundits talk all the time about how important it is to maximize rookie QB contracts. Now WR's on second deals are getting $25M per guaranteed? 

I am glad the Dolphins are making this decision. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

nah Rivers is a whackjob too. If you need a convoy to travel with your kids, you have a problem. No one's DNA is that special.

lol wow, I’m thinking this is a joke… no way you actually believe he’s a “whack job” for having a large family and the financial resources to do it without burdening the taxpayers. 

Or you just hate kids hahahaha.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1

Dumb decision by Miami

Without Hill, Waddle would struggle to be a number one receiver IMHO 

He's being paid as that, and with Hill clearly being the guy...I imagine it's only a matter of time before he makes noise about a pay raise himself

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

well thank god we have BULLBUCHANAN to let us know how many kids we're allowed to have

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Great for Jaylen and his family. Congratulations to him. 

This is going to put pressure on Miami as they also have to pay Top-5 money to Tua in the coming weeks.   Paying for two WRs and a QB is going to put them in cap hell soon

That or just let him play out his contract and draft a rookie in 2025. Unlikely but wouldn't be shocked since they waited so long.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not seeing how any team justifies that kind of money to a WR. We all know they’re a dime a dozen. 😁

Yeah and to think many expect the Bills to not have any part of getting a top WR.   Like the price will be coming down.  Or they're not important.

The market is full of comparables now, the amount a DK Metcalf or Aiyuk should get won't be too hard to figure out. 

These teams could be hurrying to get deals done because they fear the June 1st surge will notch up the level (see Collins and now Waddle).

They may be right.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Bills give J Jefferson a record setting backloaded contract in a huge trade.  A 1st, 2nd, and 4th might get it done.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Great for Jaylen and his family. Congratulations to him. 

This is going to put pressure on Miami as they also have to pay Top-5 money to Tua in the coming weeks.   Paying for two WRs and a QB is going to put them in cap hell soon

Even before Tua signs his deal.  They are in a pickle moving forward. 

They paid Chubb.  Picks and dollars for Ramsey. To a lesser extent Jackson Brooks and Sieler.  Picked up the 5th year option for Phillips (this is a large cap hold going into the offseason that you may want to tag someone).  

They didn't pay Hunt and Wilkins.  Cut Howard and eat 23M in dead space in 2025.  I just don't see how they can keep Holland AND Phillips after this year.  Oddly enough - this group is some of their best players from 2023.  

Hills cap hit in 2026 is 56M, which will require a major restructure - which is concerning when the player is 32.  

Armstead's cap hit increases to 22M in 2025 and he will be 34.  The void years for decreasing those hits would be the same as Hill, so i suspect he is released next offseason.  

It's basically - you're married to this core, or you're ripping off several bandaid's at once. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills can make it work this year without a highly paid WR, after what the Chiefs have been doing, you have to wonder if teams with high end QB’s might tell them once they get paid - the WR’s don’t. 

The caveat being the Chiefs have Kelce and the Bills are banking on Kincaid becoming a version of him. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, julian said:

I don't know why these pro athletes who like to spend time with a lot of women don't get fixed. It can be undone when their career is over... That could literally save them millions.

It's what I would do (hell, I got fixed without millions on the line).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

lol wow, I’m thinking this is a joke… no way you actually believe he’s a “whack job” for having a large family and the financial resources to do it without burdening the taxpayers. 

Or you just hate kids hahahaha.

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That or just let him play out his contract and draft a rookie in 2025. Unlikely but wouldn't be shocked since they waited so long.

I don't think it's that unlikely since they have basically treated Tua like a player they want to replace since year 2.  First there were rumors of trading him to several different teams and then the "getting caught with Brady on a boat" when trying to lure him to Miami.  It sounds like the front office just doesn't want him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be dead serious? Bringing any amount of kids into the world is already an extremely selfish exercise. When you decide that you aren't satisfied  with 1,2 or 3 but need 10+ what does that say about you and what does it say to your other kids?

There's no physical means for you to give them the time they need each day or week. If you have 6 hours a day when you aren't working, they aren't in school, and awake that's ~30m a day per kid if you spend 100% of your free time hanging out with them.There's no possible way to raise that many people at the same time giving each one of them your best effort for setting them up to achieve their maximum potential and be well adjusted.

That isn't even taking into account bringing 10 new human into a world that can't physically support them or ignoring the 3 million kids in foster care/orphanages who need a good home because you want to breed your own designer kids. It's just not well adjusted, sane behavior, regardless of wealth.

Go forth and multiply.  Obviously bad advice from Him.   

Starting to see more of these WR contract extensions be for shorter terms.  Not stretched to 5 or 6 years, a couple lately at 3.  

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This sir, is some ridiculously ignorant commentary, you need to get out and interact with people and adjust your world view… yikes.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.