Aaron Rodgers limping at Jets OTA's

I said it before and I'll say it again: He's going to be bad this year and go off on some RFK brain worm riddled conspiracy theory onto how it isn't his fault.  

He has a massive ego that's not going to let him be humble, and the NY media is going to exacerbate the situation 10 fold. It's a perfect storm for Bills fans.   

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I said it before and I'll say it again: He's going to be bad this year and go off on some RFK brain worm riddled conspiracy theory onto how it isn't his fault.  

He has a massive ego that's not going to let him be humble, and the NY media is going to exacerbate the situation 10 fold. It's a perfect storm for Bills fans.   

If that happens and their season falls apart then expect them to clean house. No way Saleh and JD survive. Johnson already made it known he was pissed about last  season.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If that happens and their season falls apart then expect them to clean house. No way Saleh and JD survive. Johnson already made it known he was pissed about last  season.

Saleh should already be gone.  JD has put together a very good team, although they've had terrible luck at the most important position.   

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Saleh should already be gone.  JD has put together a very good team, although they've had terrible luck at the most important position.   

On paper they have a good team but JD's won/lost record as GM is terrible. He also struck out using the #2 pick on Wilson which is a fire able offense IMHO. I don't think JD survives if they fail again. Saleh certainly won't.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

On paper they have a good team but JD's won/lost record as GM is terrible. He also struck out using the #2 pick on Wilson which is a fire able offense IMHO. I don't think JD survives if they fail again. Saleh certainly won't.

I'm sure their next GM will love looking for a QB just as all those high picks need their 2nd contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah, when your own family won't speak to you it usually means you're a pretty good dude.

There’s plenty of NFL players who aren’t speaking to family members, once an athlete hits the jackpot there’s plenty of family members with unrealistic financial expectations and they have to be cut out of the picture. It’s very unfortunate but it’s a well documented truth, that’s just one example of players not speaking with family members. 

Nobody knows the real reasons behind any family issues that Rodgers has, so to use that as a reason to say he’s not a good person is uninformed and really silly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Oh man, why? Why would anyone do that?  I'd panick and probably have a heart attack of I ever found myself in that situation.

I would too but some people are okay with it.  Some of these people will slither down several hundred feet up and down.  

• Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Jets finishing 3rd in the division and not making the playoffs with Rogers playing would be priceless !! 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Just the fact that he received treatment in OTA's when his defense isn't hitting him could be a concern. I doubt he plays at all in the preseason. If he does it will be in very limited action. The real test is week 1 vs SF. 40 going on 41 coming off an Achillies injury. It will be tough for him to play 17 games. Let's also remember his last year in GB wasn't all that great. He had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. 

Yup. Rodgers is going to be an improvement compared to Zach Wilson. Tyrod would be an improvement over Zach Wilson, but Rodgers was an elite QB in 2021. 2022 was a major drop off he had 11 Tds less and 8 more INTs. GB was more than happy to move on and getting a 2nd round pick for a washed up QB was a fantastic move for GB

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Rodgers a Douche? 

I've had a direct conversation with the other guy in my avatar that can confirm, Rodgers is in fact, a douche!

Edited by The Tomcat
spelling is hard

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he's the greatest to ever play the game at that position.  I also think his narcissistic personality is the main reason he only has only one ring and one Super Bowl appearance in 16 seasons.

When Tom Brady went down with an injury, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as their QB. Now look at the Packers. The year before Rodgers' injury, they'd had double digit wins, and were a playoff team. In the games leading up to his injury, the Packers had a winning record, and seemed like they were headed for another playoff berth. Then Rodgers got injured, and the Packers went 2-5-1 in his absence. Next year, with Rodgers back at the helm, the Packers were again a double digit win team, and a playoff team. Rodgers was good enough to take what would otherwise have been a 5 win team, and get them to 10+ wins. No player in NFL history could have taken a 5 win team, and turned it into a Super Bowl champion. That's why Rodgers only has one ring.

Josh Allen's defense has yet to generate more than two defensive stops, in a playoff game against the Chiefs or the Bengals. In this most recent playoff loss, Bills WRs had 160 yards of drops. If Allen is collecting Super Bowl rings at an Aaron Rodgers pace, rather than a Tom Brady pace, it's because the Bills have been very Packers-like in their failure to surround Allen with a good team. With a new defensive coordinator and some new faces at WR, maybe that changes.

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I mean, teams make their own luck to some degree, right?

Having failed to either draft the right guy with the #3 overall pick and the #2 overall pick in two of the last 6 drafts (or develop him correctly), the Jets decided to "buy greatness" by going all in for Aaron Rodgers.

Sometimes that works (see 2020 Tampa Bay; 2012-2015 Broncos)

Sometimes it fails miserably (see 2022-2023 Broncos)

Sometimes it's "close but no cigar" (see 2009 Vikings)

15 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

When Tom Brady went down with an injury, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as their QB. Now look at the Packers. The year before Rodgers' injury, they'd had double digit wins, and were a playoff team. In the games leading up to his injury, the Packers had a winning record, and seemed like they were headed for another playoff berth. Then Rodgers got injured, and the Packers went 2-5-1 in his absence. Next year, with Rodgers back at the helm, the Packers were again a double digit win team, and a playoff team. Rodgers was good enough to take what would otherwise have been a 5 win team, and get them to 10+ wins. No player in NFL history could have taken a 5 win team, and turned it into a Super Bowl champion. That's why Rodgers only has one ring.

And then... the Packers went to the playoffs and won a game with a completely untested QB (who had better stats than Rodgers had the previous year) after he left for the bright lights of New Jersey.  Who cares what he did 10 years ago, the dude is broken and probably washed today.

• Agree 1

He had a serious injury 9 months ago. He's now putting some stress on a surgically attached achilles tendon. It's normal for there to be soreness, tenderness, and favoring of the opposite leg for a while.

It took Von several weeks of live action before he really started bending his knees and trying to be explosive. It's way too early to take anything from Rodgers limping right now. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Why do you say he has put together a very good team?   From 2019-2021 he had 10 1st-3rd round draft picks.  Only two of those players are still with the team today.   His 2022 draft looks good right now, but he had three 1st round picks.   2023 draft looks pretty bad.  They've spent a ton of money in free agency and in trades.   Not really a great way to build teams. 

He may have put together a good collection of talent but thats not putting together a very good team.  

What Joe Douglas seems to have is a lot of friends in the media, because despite being 21-56 since becoming General Manager there is still a narrative that he is a really good GM. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Not for the Bills.

The same team that lost to his backup last year?

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, teams make their own luck to some degree, right?

Having failed to either draft the right guy with the #3 overall pick and the #2 overall pick in two of the last 6 drafts (or develop him correctly), the Jets decided to "buy greatness" by going all in for Aaron Rodgers.

Sometimes that works (see 2020 Tampa Bay; 2012-2015 Broncos)

Sometimes it fails miserably (see 2022-2023 Broncos)

Sometimes it's "close but no cigar" (see 2009 Vikings)

Also see: 2024 Bills defensive line

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They lost to him twice which is beyond embarrassing.

And we let Mac Jones have the best game of his career against us, while taking an L, last year as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.