Aaron Rodgers limping at Jets OTA's

6 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

Okay. You have a point.

I want Bills fans to uphold the same level of classiness I saw from Frank Reich, Marv Levy, and many others. If I can rely on other Bills fans for that, it makes me feel better about my own decision to be a Bills fan. If however I see Bills fans falling short of that standard, I feel that it's a reflection on me. Why? Because I chose to be a Bills fan. If I choose to be part of a group which isn't associated with high standards, then that absolutely, 100%, reflects negatively on my own character. If Eagles fans were rooting for a player to get injured--or, to be more accurate, were expressing zero remorse for a player injury--then that wouldn't bother me much. That's exactly what I'd expect from Eagles fans. But when Bills fans do the same, it makes me feel disillusioned. Like the group I thought I was signing up for wasn't the same as the group I was actually joining.

Ok I finally gotta jump in.

First: **** arron rogers.

Second: it's not for any fan or fan base to uphold your morals or belief in how they should or should not act.

Third: it's a damned BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD!  Bills fans aren't storming New Jersey screaming injury wishes on Rogers. They are posting their feelings on the subject on a Bills message board. That's what it's here for.

Fourth: Disalusioned in regards for

the same group you signed up for?  Seriously?  How long have you been a Bills fan?  How long a fan of football and even a member of the human race?

Fifth: Paragraphs are a thing.

And lastly: **** Aaron Rogers AND Travis Kelce.  Both are douchebags, and multi millionaires.  So if they both blow out body parts and can't get millions to play anymore, many of us don't give a damn.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If Jets fans wanted to, they could throw a lot of this same mud at Josh Allen. Allen gets a lot of attention, ergo he's an attention-seeker. Want to portray Allen as someone who treats others poorly? Maybe they'd examine his breakup with Brittany Williams, through the lens of a strong anti-Allen bias. Obviously you don't want fans of opposing teams acting that way, because it's completely classless. Speaking of completely classless: wishing an injury on a football player is not okay. Are there exceptions? Yeah. If a player drags his pregnant ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs, that's a valid reason for wishing an injury on that player. But the fact a player believes the world works differently than how you think it works? That's a completely unacceptable reason for wishing injury on a player. Be better.

Are you done ? Please don’t forget to flush  ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I see it differently. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. His yards per attempt is 7.7 vs. 7.4 for Tom Brady. Rodgers' INT percentage is 1.4, compared to 1.8 for Brady. There are areas where Brady's numbers are better than Rodgers, such as career passing yards and number of Super Bowl rings. But there's no denying that Rodgers is a great player.

He comes across well in his press conferences. Like a laid back regular guy, who sometimes demonstrates a good sense of humor. If you wanted to point out negatives about him, the most obvious is that he plays for a division rival. He's exerted too much influence over coaching (Nate Hackett) and personnel decisions. But you look at a lot of other guys in the NFL, and they're being arrested or sued for cruelty to dogs, or breaking boys' legs, or beating up women, or grinding on flight attendants without consent. If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like 

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I am absolutely delighted that the Jets went all-in again on a 40-year qb coming off a serious injury, who was in obvious decline two seasons ago.  We’re lucky, because that roster’s not bad at all and the defense gives Josh fits. This will be Mr Clean’s last year, unfortunately…

And he won't play 17 games.

17 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ok I finally gotta jump in.

First: **** arron rogers.

Second: it's not for any fan or fan base to uphold your morals or belief in how they should or should not act.

Third: it's a damned BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD!  Bills fans aren't storming New Jersey screaming injury wishes on Rogers. They are posting their feelings on the subject on a Bills message board. That's what it's here for.

Fourth: Disalusioned in regards for

the same group you signed up for?  Seriously?  How long have you been a Bills fan?  How long a fan of football and even a member of the human race?

Fifth: Paragraphs are a thing.

And lastly: **** Aaron Rogers AND Travis Kelce.  Both are douchebags, and multi millionaires.  So if they both blow out body parts and can't get millions to play anymore, many of us don't give a damn.

F*** YEAH 👍🏻 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Nothing burger.   Long way until September.

For the most part I agree with you here. However, fair to also remember that this time last year I believe he had some calf muscle injuries that were a "nothing burger" and went on to snap his ACL in 4 snaps. 

There comes a point in a large number of players careers that their body has taken enough punishment and doesn't bounce back the same. Injuries are easier to reinjure and one problem leads to another. And playing on that crap surface they have at MetLife doesn't help matters. Will be a miracle if he makes it through the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think you need to toughen up. Bills fans are just a group of people who root for the same football team. There are great people among them, and there are terrible people among them too. You don't have to agree with anyone you don't want to, Bills fan or not. And it is your right to voice your displeasure with an opinion. But you are going overboard with this talk of disillusionment and trying to hold an entire group of people to a level of "class" that you deem appropriate. Just my 2 cents.

The terrible people are now out in the open and their numbers are increasing... sad but true.

8 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If Jets fans wanted to, they could throw a lot of this same mud at Josh Allen. Allen gets a lot of attention, ergo he's an attention-seeker. Want to portray Allen as someone who treats others poorly? Maybe they'd examine his breakup with Brittany Williams, through the lens of a strong anti-Allen bias. Obviously you don't want fans of opposing teams acting that way, because it's completely classless. Speaking of completely classless: wishing an injury on a football player is not okay. Are there exceptions? Yeah. If a player drags his pregnant ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs, that's a valid reason for wishing an injury on that player. But the fact a player believes the world works differently than how you think it works? That's a completely unacceptable reason for wishing injury on a player. Be better.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The terrible people are now out in the open and their numbers are increasing... sad but true.

Really?   IIRC, there were some Bills fans who harassed HC Gregg Williams' family because the Bills weren't playing well.  Nobody here's said more than "F Rodgers".  On a scale of "terrible people", they don't even rank a positive number.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For the most part I agree with you here. However, fair to also remember that this time last year I believe he had some calf muscle injuries that were a "nothing burger" and went on to snap his ACL in 4 snaps. 

There comes a point in a large number of players careers that their body has taken enough punishment and doesn't bounce back the same. Injuries are easier to reinjure and one problem leads to another. And playing on that crap surface they have at MetLife doesn't help matters. Will be a miracle if he makes it through the season.

Achillies not ACL. But point made.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Really?   IIRC, there were some Bills fans who harassed HC Gregg Williams' family because the Bills weren't playing well.  Nobody here's said more than "F Rodgers".  On a scale of "terrible people", they don't even rank a positive number.

Didn't some group of thoughtful folks put something in the shape of a penis on Leodis McKelvin's lawn?  TP or something?

• Like (+1) 1

I am thoroughly enjoying our time at the top of the AFC East; Jets with a 40 y.o. QB sucking their salary cap dry, Dolphins about to blow their cap on a guy who will never get them there, and NE with a raw rookie we can beat up for a few years.   Really enjoying this.  

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

He comes across well in his press conferences. Like a laid back regular guy

We watching the same press conferences and interviews and stuff?  'Cuz I think he comes across like an arrogant prick who is happy to throw his teammates and sometimes his organization under the bus in public and shirk personal accountability and responsibility.

I think he's an intelligent man, but I also think he suffers from a bad case of Dunning-kruger syndrome.

But you look at a lot of other guys in the NFL, and they're being arrested or sued for cruelty to dogs, or breaking boys' legs, or beating up women, or grinding on flight attendants without consent.

I grant you this, but it seems like a very low bar.  Plenty of NFL players don't have a warrant out on them for cruelty to animals or injuring people with reckless driving or beating up women and children or sexual assault, but also DON'T act like arrogant pricks in their pressers.

If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like Rodgers.

Serious question, how old are you?

I don't wish an injury on anyone.  But I also don't think that injuries are doled out as some kind of retribution for bad behavior or bad character.  Plenty of bad things happen to good people, and plenty of bad people flourish.  I don't waste my time stressing about it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Man, that cave squeezing stuff gives the creeps.

One of my friends used to do it when he was younger and he told me he had to do about a 40 foot crawl on his back, head tilted to the side because the opening was so small.  It took him 1 hour.  

My heart pounds thinking about it.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would never disagree that Rodgers is one of the best ever. 

And I’m also not comparing him to other players (on or off the field).  I don’t enjoy the whataboutism game. 

The fact (yes, fact) is that he is attention  wh.ore, douchebag, conspiracy theorist. 

The world needs fewer of those. 

So his ***** entire leg could disintegrate while he’s hugging his parents and I wouldn’t shed a tear.

Isn't he still estranged from his immediate family (parents and brothers)?  So hugging his parents seems unlikely

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Wasn’t he claiming he was ready to return by the end of last season? Doesn’t seem like a good sign that he’s still limping now.

I mean, a guy can limp in a practice for lots of reasons.  Blister on his tootsie.  Dinged his foot somehow.

Could be something, could be a nothing-burger, Time Will Tell.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.