Aaron Rodgers limping at Jets OTA's

7 hours ago, mannc said:

I am absolutely delighted that the Jets went all-in again on a 40-year qb coming off a serious injury, who was in obvious decline two seasons ago.  We’re lucky, because that roster’s not bad at all and the defense gives Josh fits. This will be Mr Clean’s last year, unfortunately…

I don't believe he can make it through the entire season with the Jets.  That leaves the Bills & Miami fighting for the AFC East title again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DeepPass said:

I don't believe he can make it through the entire season with the Jets.  That leaves the Bills & Miami fighting for the AFC East title again.

Tyrod Taylor is a decent upgrade over Zach Wilson at the backup QB position. When Rodgers got hurt last year everyone knew their season was over. That won't be the case this year. Taylor can be an effective game manager while the defense, G. Wilson, and Breece do the heavy lifting in winning games.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Poor Danica Patrick thought she and Rogers were gonna get married.  She said her heart was broken how it ended.  Rumors she was cheated on by Rodgers.  Then "Next Up!" actual fiancee Shailene Woodley was ditched and left in the dust. 

If we're gonna dis off famous guys for their relationship behavior (which, I do not suggest) Rodgers is A Lot to keep up with.

Me, I think famous football players are famous because they're good at playing the game of football, not because they're easy to live with or good at personal relationships.  I don't want them to be sick ***** like DeSean Watson is alleged to be, but I don't expect them to be moral preceptors or of exemplary character or deep thinkers. 

IMHO that's a problem with society today that a lot of folks seem to be looking at celebrities of one or another sort for these things, instead of looking around us for people who actually, quietly, ARE moral preceptors and show exemplary character or who actually have deep knowledge of stuff.

They are human beings beck

I'm sure there are some good family men

And some pigs lol

1 hour ago, DeepPass said:

I actually think Tyrod Taylor could win quite a few games for the Jets if/when Rodgers gets hurt...He's way better than the backups they had last year.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m in the minority on Rogers.  Never thought he was as great as so many others.  I don’t see a 40 year old QB coming back from an Achilles and playing at a high level.  

Also, does Joe Douglas get blamed for signing an older player in Rogers who then got injured?  If Beane keeps getting blamed for Von Miller seems only fair.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m in the minority on Rogers.  Never thought he was as great as so many others.  I don’t see a 40 year old QB coming back from an Achilles and playing at a high level.  

Also, does Joe Douglas get blamed for signing an older player in Rogers who then got injured?  If Beane keeps getting blamed for Von Miller seems only fair.

It was Woody Johnson who wanted Rodgers. Both Saleh and JD wanted Carr but were overruled. If this doesn't work out, then Johnson is 100% to blame.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I actually think Tyrod Taylor could win quite a few games for the Jets if/when Rodgers gets hurt...He's way better than the backups they had last year.

If that were true, then why do they need Aaron and his enormous price tag? How many extra wins is he good for?

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did someone come back from his Achilles injury too fast?

He looks every bit of his 40 years in that clip and then some.  I have seen senior citizens with more bounce in their step.  

1 hour ago, DrW said:

If that were true, then why do they need Aaron and his enormous price tag? How many extra wins is he good for?

I didn't say "extra wins" but it's safe to say that the Jets would have a better chance with Tyrod than they did with Zack Wilson last year.  That seems inarguable... 

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did someone come back from his Achilles injury too fast?

And how many times have we seen in recent years where a player returns from Achilles or knee injury and then injures the other (Tre White, Klay Thompson, Durant, etc.)?

We need Antonio Brown to call Rodgers and show him how to use the cryo chamber thing Brown  used when playing with the Raiders! 

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

He looks every bit of his 40 years in that clip and then some.  I have seen senior citizens with more bounce in their step.  

Animated GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I see it differently. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. His yards per attempt is 7.7 vs. 7.4 for Tom Brady. Rodgers' INT percentage is 1.4, compared to 1.8 for Brady. There are areas where Brady's numbers are better than Rodgers, such as career passing yards and number of Super Bowl rings. But there's no denying that Rodgers is a great player.

He comes across well in his press conferences. Like a laid back regular guy, who sometimes demonstrates a good sense of humor. If you wanted to point out negatives about him, the most obvious is that he plays for a division rival. He's exerted too much influence over coaching (Nate Hackett) and personnel decisions. But you look at a lot of other guys in the NFL, and they're being arrested or sued for cruelty to dogs, or breaking boys' legs, or beating up women, or grinding on flight attendants without consent. If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like Rodgers.

It's not Aaron we can't stand; it's the Jets and their annoying fanbase. And the NYC press, who are as delusional as their fans.

• Agree 1

As a man in my 40's I can relate.  I sat too long in the same position last night watching the Yankees game and I too was limping when I finally got up.

It sucks getting old.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

First it is Rodgers 

Second, Rodgers already said what everyone knows, if they don't make the playoffs they are all fired - him, Douglas, and Saleh. 

Oh Cmon over here Cletus...you don't have to be talking all that trash from across the line...cmon on over here...you'll walk over, but you'll be limping back.

On 5/30/2024 at 9:11 PM, CSBill said:

It's not Aaron we can't stand; it's the Jets and their annoying fanbase. And the NYC press, who are as delusional as their fans.

Oh, many of us would disagree. Rogers is an absolute space cadet. Good QB but can't stand the man, the diva, the.......

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.