Aaron Rodgers limping at Jets OTA's

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

So if you break up with the girlfriend you're an a******,?

You're not allowed live your life or not stay with somebody you don't want to be with,?

Poor Danica Patrick thought she and Rogers were gonna get married.  She said her heart was broken how it ended.  Rumors she was cheated on by Rodgers.  Then "Next Up!" actual fiancee Shailene Woodley was ditched and left in the dust. 

If we're gonna dis off famous guys for their relationship behavior (which, I do not suggest) Rodgers is A Lot to keep up with.

Me, I think famous football players are famous because they're good at playing the game of football, not because they're easy to live with or good at personal relationships.  I don't want them to be sick ***** like DeSean Watson is alleged to be, but I don't expect them to be moral preceptors or of exemplary character or deep thinkers. 

IMHO that's a problem with society today that a lot of folks seem to be looking at celebrities of one or another sort for these things, instead of looking around us for people who actually, quietly, ARE moral preceptors and show exemplary character or who actually have deep knowledge of stuff.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Really?   IIRC, there were some Bills fans who harassed HC Gregg Williams' family because the Bills weren't playing well.  Nobody here's said more than "F Rodgers".  On a scale of "terrible people", they don't even rank a positive number.

I’m a Bills fan so yeah  F the jets and because Rogers plays for them F him 2 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

Okay. You have a point.

I want Bills fans to uphold the same level of classiness I saw from Frank Reich, Marv Levy, and many others. If I can rely on other Bills fans for that, it makes me feel better about my own decision to be a Bills fan. If however I see Bills fans falling short of that standard, I feel that it's a reflection on me. Why? Because I chose to be a Bills fan. If I choose to be part of a group which isn't associated with high standards, then that absolutely, 100%, reflects negatively on my own character. If Eagles fans were rooting for a player to get injured--or, to be more accurate, were expressing zero remorse for a player injury--then that wouldn't bother me much. That's exactly what I'd expect from Eagles fans. But when Bills fans do the same, it makes me feel disillusioned. Like the group I thought I was signing up for wasn't the same as the group I was actually joining.

Football fans of a particular team have one thing in common: we're fans of the same team. 

I believe there are some folks on this board who are of high character and strong values I'd be very proud to call friends IRL

But just because someone is a Bills fan I don't expect them to be of higher character or better values than someone who roots for the Eagles or the Chiefs nor consider it a reflection on my character if they aren't.  That's cray-cray to me.  Like every assemblage, it takes all types.

If you find it a reflection on your character to be associated with a group where (*gasp*) some of the people might not measure up to your standards, you might want to cultivate a stronger character that isn't besmirched by such things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Football fans of a particular team have one thing in common: we're fans of the same team. 

I believe there are some folks on this board who are of high character and strong values I'd be very proud to call friends IRL

But just because someone is a Bills fan I don't expect them to be of higher character or better values than someone who roots for the Eagles or the Chiefs nor consider it a reflection on my character if they aren't.  That's cray-cray to me.  Like every assemblage, it takes all types.

If you find it a reflection on your character to be associated with a group where (*gasp*) some of the people might not measure up to your standards, you might want to cultivate a stronger character that isn't besmirched by such things.

Realistic spot on post.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Wasn’t he claiming he was ready to return by the end of last season? Doesn’t seem like a good sign that he’s still limping now.

Dan Marino limped for the rest of his career after his injury. Obviously it was a long time ago, but it could just mean his achilles healed in a way that will always result in a limp (rather than not being fully healed).

I'm still with you, I don't think he's truly healed yet, and this could be a bad sign. But, it could also just be nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Dan Marino limped for the rest of his career after his injury. Obviously it was a long time ago, but it could just mean his achilles healed in a way that will always result in a limp (rather than not being fully healed).

I'm still with you, I don't think he's truly healed yet, and this could be a bad sign. But, it could also just be nothing.

Not for the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One of my friends used to do it when he was younger and he told me he had to do about a 40 foot crawl on his back, head tilted to the side because the opening was so small.  It took him 1 hour.  

My heart pounds thinking about it.

Oh man, why? Why would anyone do that?  I'd panick and probably have a heart attack of I ever found myself in that situation.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Really?   IIRC, there were some Bills fans who harassed HC Gregg Williams' family because the Bills weren't playing well.  Nobody here's said more than "F Rodgers".  On a scale of "terrible people", they don't even rank a positive number.

Did I say BILLS FANS? NO.

I said terrible people, as in the WORLD. Geez

9 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I read it once, and it disgusted me enough.

Enough with the make believe pearl clutching RB, there is Nothing Gugny said to be disgusted about, Aaron has more than lived up to the reputation that Gugny pointed out, like it or not, Rodgers own words verify the rep he has. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, benderbender said:

In steps Leonard Floyd for the 49ers in a week 1 matchup versus the Jets, on Monday night, 2 days short of one year. 

leonard-floyd.gif

• Shocked 2

11 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like Rodgers.

This reminds me of when my wife broke the news to me of Stevie Ray Vaughn's death (one of my all time favorites) - on our wedding anniversary no less - and swear to god one of the first thoughts that popped into my head was "Why couldn't it have been Motley Crue?"

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Poor Danica Patrick thought she and Rogers were gonna get married.  She said her heart was broken how it ended.  Rumors she was cheated on by Rodgers.  Then "Next Up!" actual fiancee Shailene Woodley was ditched and left in the dust. 

If we're gonna dis off famous guys for their relationship behavior (which, I do not suggest) Rodgers is A Lot to keep up with.

Me, I think famous football players are famous because they're good at playing the game of football, not because they're easy to live with or good at personal relationships.  I don't want them to be sick ***** like DeSean Watson is alleged to be, but I don't expect them to be moral preceptors or of exemplary character or deep thinkers. 

IMHO that's a problem with society today that a lot of folks seem to be looking at celebrities of one or another sort for these things, instead of looking around us for people who actually, quietly, ARE moral preceptors and show exemplary character or who actually have deep knowledge of stuff.

I don't think that fans assuming that celebrities, especially professional athletes, to be "exemplary" outside of their professions/careers is particularly limited to the present day.  Hero-worship of famous people of the day in the US goes back at least to the founding of the nation where George Washington is immortalized on the ceiling of the US Capitol in the form of a fresco as well as Parson Weems' tale of Washington and the cherry tree. 

13 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m a Bills fan so yeah  F the jets and because Rogers plays for them F him 2 

I would say that's probably the sentiment of 99% of the fans of any sports team vis-a-vis any or all of the players on their divisional rivals.  My hatred of Tom Brady declined significantly when he left to play for the Bucs. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

He would return to the field afterwards and continue working without issue.

Did we miss that part? 

Just the fact that he received treatment in OTA's when his defense isn't hitting him could be a concern. I doubt he plays at all in the preseason. If he does it will be in very limited action. The real test is week 1 vs SF. 40 going on 41 coming off an Achillies injury. It will be tough for him to play 17 games. Let's also remember his last year in GB wasn't all that great. He had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.