Aaron Rodgers limping at Jets OTA's

Hmmm, 

I’m never happy when a player gets injured (except for Julian Edelman - f*ck him). 

But I’m not always sad about it, either. 

This one doesn’t make me sad. At all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’m never happy when a player gets injured (except for Julian Edelman - f*ck him). 

But I’m not always sad about it, either. 

This one doesn’t make me sad. At all. 

I see it differently. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. His yards per attempt is 7.7 vs. 7.4 for Tom Brady. Rodgers' INT percentage is 1.4, compared to 1.8 for Brady. There are areas where Brady's numbers are better than Rodgers, such as career passing yards and number of Super Bowl rings. But there's no denying that Rodgers is a great player.

He comes across well in his press conferences. Like a laid back regular guy, who sometimes demonstrates a good sense of humor. If you wanted to point out negatives about him, the most obvious is that he plays for a division rival. He's exerted too much influence over coaching (Nate Hackett) and personnel decisions. But you look at a lot of other guys in the NFL, and they're being arrested or sued for cruelty to dogs, or breaking boys' legs, or beating up women, or grinding on flight attendants without consent. If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like Rodgers.

Edited by Rampant Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

I see it differently. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. His yards per attempt is 7.7 vs. 7.4 for Tom Brady. Rodgers' INT percentage is 1.4, compared to 1.8 for Brady. There are areas where Brady's numbers are better than Rodgers, such as career passing yards and number of Super Bowl rings. But there's no denying that Rodgers is a great player.

He comes across well in his press conferences. Like a laid back regular guy, who sometimes demonstrates a good sense of humor. If you wanted to point out negatives about him, the most obvious is that he plays for a division rival. He's exerted too much influence over coaching (Nate Hackett) and personnel decisions. But you look at a lot of other guys in the NFL, and they're being arrested or sued for cruelty to dogs, or breaking boys' legs, or beating up women, or grinding on flight attendants without consent. If injuries must happen, I'd rather they happen to guys like those, as opposed to someone like Rodgers.

I would never disagree that Rodgers is one of the best ever. 

And I’m also not comparing him to other players (on or off the field).  I don’t enjoy the whataboutism game. 

The fact (yes, fact) is that he is attention  wh.ore, douchebag, conspiracy theorist. 

The world needs fewer of those. 

So his ***** entire leg could disintegrate while he’s hugging his parents and I wouldn’t shed a tear.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wasn’t he claiming he was ready to return by the end of last season? Doesn’t seem like a good sign that he’s still limping now.

What are you?  Some sort of doctor?!?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And I’m also not comparing him to other players (on or off the field).  I don’t enjoy the whataboutism game. 

The fact (yes, fact) is that he is attention  wh.ore, douchebag, conspiracy theorist. 

So his ***** entire leg could disintegrate while he’s hugging his parents and I wouldn’t shed a tear.

If Jets fans wanted to, they could throw a lot of this same mud at Josh Allen. Allen gets a lot of attention, ergo he's an attention-seeker. Want to portray Allen as someone who treats others poorly? Maybe they'd examine his breakup with Brittany Williams, through the lens of a strong anti-Allen bias. Obviously you don't want fans of opposing teams acting that way, because it's completely classless. Speaking of completely classless: wishing an injury on a football player is not okay. Are there exceptions? Yeah. If a player drags his pregnant ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs, that's a valid reason for wishing an injury on that player. But the fact a player believes the world works differently than how you think it works? That's a completely unacceptable reason for wishing injury on a player. Be better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If Jets fans wanted to, they could throw a lot of this same mud at Josh Allen. Allen gets a lot of attention, ergo he's an attention-seeker. Want to portray Allen as someone who treats others poorly? Maybe they'd examine his breakup with Brittany Williams, through the lens of a strong anti-Allen bias. Obviously you don't want fans of opposing teams acting that way, because it's completely classless. Speaking of completely classless: wishing an injury on a football player is not okay. Are there exceptions? Yeah. If a player drags his pregnant ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs, that's a valid reason for wishing an injury on that player. But the fact a player believes the world works differently than how you think it works? That's a completely unacceptable reason for wishing injury on a player. Be better.

So if you break up with the girlfriend you're an a******,?

You're not allowed live your life or not stay with somebody you don't want to be with,?

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

lol… a bit much vitriol for an athlete who you’ve never met or had any personal interactions with, you don’t agree with his views so the world is better off without him lol, you must save the really harsh criticism for the actual douchbags in the league who abuse women, animals and endanger the public.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

Look, Chachi … read what I wrote again. Twice. 

I didn’t wish injury on him. 

And you keep making this about players not named Aaron Rodgers. 

What does Allen have to do with this topic?  Nothing. 

What do the thugs and wife beaters in the NFL have to do with this topic?  Nothing. 

This topic is about Rodgers. 

I said he’s a douche and if he got hurt, it wouldn’t upset me.

That’s not difficult to comprehend. Unless you go down the whataboutism road and start twisting words. Which is exactly what you’re doing. 

Stay on topic and stop trying to turn what I said into something you wish I said so the drivel you’re spouting would somehow make sense. 

Love ya. 😘

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.