Texans WR Nico Collins gets 3 year $72 Million extension

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

I know we've disagreed and challenged each other.  You're articulate and obviously spend a lot of time on developing your opinions.  I disagree sometimes or even often.  I just never pegged you as dishonest until now.  

What you claim never happened. Maybe you have us mixed up with other people. I have never shied away from bad takes I have had. I hated the drafting of Josh, I was wrong. But the idea that last season I compared him to Tannehill.... it never happened. There  is a search function on this website. The evidence doesn't exist.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:07 PM, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

On paper Collins is a better X than Gabe and Dell is a better slot than Beasley, Diggs could have a monster year...

Um...you sure Tank Dell playing slot there in Houston?  IDK, but 15.1 Y/R of which 11.9 are YBC doesn't sound like a slot.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What you claim never happened. Maybe you have us mixed up with other people. I have never shied away from bad takes I have had. I hated the drafting of Josh, I was wrong. But the idea that last season I compared him to Tannehill.... it never happened. There  is a search function on this website. The evidence doesn't exist.

I never saw you compare him to tannehill 

But you definitely have said you didn't believe in him being a top notch franchise quarterback a few times in his early years 

After a couple bad games 3-4 years ago you definitely said you didn't think he was the guy and that you saw regression 

But that doesn't mean anything.. the best pro scouts in the world Miss on players because it's what they put in... Not what you put in

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never saw you compare him to tannehill 

But you definitely have said you didn't believe in him being a top notch franchise quarterback a few times in his early years 

After a couple bad games 3-4 years ago you definitely said you didn't think he was the guy and that you saw regression 

But that doesn't mean anything.. the best pro scouts in the world Miss on players because it's what they put in... Not what you put in

I hated the pick. And in 2019 after the Browns game I was like "he needs to step it the ***** up." Indeed @Beck Water in a former life gave me a ban for it.... 

I was critical of his 2023 season as well. I think it was the worst year since he broke out properly in 2020. But only by his standard not by standard of the league.

I don't shy away from the times I have criticised Josh. Nor do I think he should be beyond criticism (which he often is here). But the poster is talking about something that demonstrably never happened.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hated the pick. And in 2019 after the Browns game I was like "he needs to step it the ***** up." Indeed @Beck Water in a former life gave me a ban for it.... 

I was critical of his 2023 season as well. I think it was the worst year since he broke out properly in 2020. But only by his standard not by standard of the league.

I don't shy away from the times I have criticised Josh. Nor do I think he should be beyond criticism (which he often is here). But the poster is talking about something that demonstrably never happened.

He definitely should not go without criticism because he isn't perfect 

And he can be the best player in the world consistently 

Carrying the Buffalo Bills franchise and the city on your back is tough 

I feel like he's only going to continue to get better and I certainly do get frustrated at times 

Because we all know how good he is and what he even can be

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t know, I haven’t seen you prove it yet

seems questionable. Are there any posts of you saying he is not Ryan tannehill?

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Um...you sure Tank Dell playing slot there in Houston?  IDK, but 15.1 Y/R of which 11.9 are YBC doesn't sound like a slot.

Their plan to play Diggs in the slot instead? Collins X, Dell Z, Diggs slot? Or you think they kick Dell inside more with an All-Pro Z getting paid $30mil for one season of service?

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t know, I haven’t seen you prove it yet

seems questionable. Are there any posts of you saying he is not Ryan tannehill?

What, if anything, this process has taught us is I should talk more about Ryan Tannehill.

2 hours ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Their plan to play Diggs in the slot instead? Collins X, Dell Z, Diggs slot? Or you think they kick Dell inside more with an All-Pro Z getting paid $30mil for one season of service?

or maybe I’m crazy and they move them all around a lot 

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What, if anything, this process has taught us is I should talk more about Ryan Tannehill.

Tannehill gets a bad rap 

he would have been the best quarterback in 20 years pre Josh Allen 

We had one 4,000 yards season in 50 years... I think he had three with the dolphins 

Not a top five guy... But certainly in the top 12-14 when he had his athleticism 

He's a hard guy to move on from because it's hard to get better... Titans learn that

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tannehill gets a bad rap 

he would have been the best quarterback in 20 years pre Josh Allen 

We had one 4,000 yards season in 50 years... I think he had three with the dolphins 

Not a top five guy... But certainly in the top 12-14 when he had his athleticism 

He's a hard guy to move on from because it's hard to get better... Titans learn that

he’s a half step ahead of fitz. And while we all love fitz… that’s only marginally a compliment

thats why it was so strange that @GunnerBillinsisted Josh was literally identical in quality so many times for so many years. That he event stretched it off the field to specify that Josh wasn’t even better a golf or magic tricks was super odd at the time.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

FWIW, @White Linen also accused me of swearing I would never come back to TBD if something happened. (Which I would never have done because who takes a message board that seriously lol)

I think he has a faulty memory.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

he’s a half step ahead of fitz. And while we all love fitz… that’s only marginally a compliment

thats why it was so strange that @GunnerBillinsisted Josh was literally identical in quality so many times for so many years. That he event stretched it off the field to specify that Josh wasn’t even better a golf or magic tricks was super odd at the time.

Fitz was definitely a good quarterback , he wasn't a bum 

He has over 30,000 passing yards... Over 200 touchdowns 

More yards than Tony Romo... He wasn't top five guy.. 

But he probably was the best bridge quarterback in his time... People think if you're not an all pro you suck lol

But Fitz was tough , quick release and always made the most of his weapon's 

He's better than a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fitz was definitely a good quarterback , he wasn't a bum 

He has over 30,000 passing yards... Over 200 touchdowns 

More yards than Tony Romo... He wasn't top five guy.. 

But he probably was the best bridge quarterback in his time... People think if you're not an all pro you suck lol

But Fitz was tough , quick release and always made the most of his weapon's 

He's better than a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL

We all get it. Being top 32 in the world at just about anything means you aren’t literally a bum. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 5:14 PM, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

It's a fact that Diggs cap hit for this season is $5.8M - just a scootch lower than Collins at $6.6M.  Now I get your point that the Texans are doing an "outta sight, outta mind" thing by amortizing and shoving the rest of Diggs $22.5M/1 yr (not $30M, Spotrac very confusing since re-design) loot into the future, but how much of the cap a guy takes up is sometimes a clue to how the team sees him.

As to how they'll use him, I don't know.  Diggs can play from the slot.  If Greg Cosell's analysis means anything, Diggs wasn't capable of playing that #1/boundary/X role and getting separation at the end of last season for the Bills.  And he hasn't been an all-pro since 2020.  I expect how they use him will depend on a lot of things -

1) which Diggs shows up for the Texans - the first half of 2023 Diggs, or the second half?

2) Tank Dell's progress in his rehab
3) What kind of run game do they really want to have, after drafting OL high in 2023 and 2024 and signing Joe Mixon to replace Devin Singletary?

Edited by Beck Water

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's a fact that Diggs cap hit for this season is $5.8M - just a scootch lower than Collins at $6.6M.  Now I get your point that the Texans are doing an "outta sight, outta mind" thing by amortizing and shoving the rest of Diggs $22.5M/1 yr (not $30M, Spotrac very confusing since re-design) loot into the future, but how much of the cap a guy takes up is sometimes a clue to how the team sees him.

As to how they'll use him, I don't know.  Diggs can play from the slot.  If Greg Cosell's analysis means anything, Diggs wasn't capable of playing that #1/boundary/X role and getting separation at the end of last season for the Bills.  And he hasn't been an all-pro since 2020.  I expect how they use him will depend on a lot of things -

1) which Diggs shows up for the Texans - the first half of 2023 Diggs, or the second half?

2) Tank Dell's progress in his rehab
3) What kind of run game do they really want to have, after drafting OL high in 2023 and 2024 and signing Joe Mixon to replace Devin Singletary?

Hasn't been first team all pro since 2020. He was a 2nd team all pro in 2022.