Texans WR Nico Collins gets 3 year $72 Million extension

14 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, at the end of last season both Dell and Collins were hurt. Collins has a robust injury history. They're going all in trying to win this year, and they have as good a shot as anyone given how well they played last year and how young they are. Stroud has a chance to show the league he's a top 3 QB this year.

Seems a bit early to be jumping on their bandwagon just yet. It’ll be interesting to see how this season plays out as they won’t be “surprising” teams as they did last year. Also will teams figure Stroud out or will he continue his success? They’ll definitely be a team to watch.

16 hours ago, buffblue said:

Still don't understand why the Texans needed to bring a guy like Diggs in this offseason. Collins and Dell are beasts, then you have Schultz and Mixon. Are there enough balls to go around before Diggs starts pouting? Add in the fact that the Texans face a MUCH more challenging schedule this year, and I can see some of the good vibes from last year disappearing (though I do believe Ryans and Stroud are a stud combo).

Especially with Diggs now being in a contract year. He’s not going to be happy if he’s not producing. I’ll be surprised if he will be satisfied with WR #2 or #3 targets.

18 hours ago, Tortured Soul said:

Seems like a reasonable compromise for Collins and the Texans: guaranteed, life changing money on one year of top production at a significant discount to the top of the market.

Should the Bills be doing the same thing with Spencer Brown?

Interesting comparison to Spencer Brown.  I think he has been pretty good at best so far.  If he can stay healthy this year, and have a very good season we will pay him.  If he falls back to mediocrity we can let him walk.  

15 hours ago, MJS said:

I like to see teams be good for two years straight before I take them too seriously. Last year everyone was high on Jacksonville. Some even said they would be the 1 seed in the AFC.

We'll see how Houston deals with a 1st place schedule versus their 4th place schedule from last year. Jacksonville didn't handle it that well last year in a similar position. Houston has to prove it this year. BUT, Stroud can certainly make the wow throws. That's for sure.

It's the flavor of the week.  Jury is out for the Texans, and we all have to wait to see how they react to how teams play them this year.

I remember this team called the "Chargers" who were supposed to be tearing it up the last couple of years.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that is a bit of a stretch. He has just turned 21. I'm not a lover of the Coleman pick but I think he could be pretty average as a rookie and still possibly develop into a top receiver. I look at someone like Davante Adams who was a 2nd round pick and was pretty average his first two seasons before he really started to take off and he had Aaron Rodgers throughout. 

I'm not telling you it will happen with Coleman but I'm not sure we will know by halfway through year 1.

Anything is possible. But I will be disappointed if he does not develop until Allen’s ninth year 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Looking more & more like Diggs will partner up with his brother in Dallas Purgatory in ‘25. 

as they both fall off the map

My impression was Diggs issues with Buffalo was with coaching compentency in the playoffs hurting the chance to win. ( I am not saying is or isn't right, but I that is my impression of Diggs problem).  I think he will play hard this year and see how far the Texans can go. And his happiness and next steps will depend on that. 

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

My impression was Diggs issues with Buffalo was with coaching compentency in the playoffs hurting the chance to win. ( I am not saying is or isn't right, but I that is my impression of Diggs problem).  I think he will play hard this year and see how far the Texans can go. And his happiness and next steps will depend on that. 

On paper Collins is a better X than Gabe and Dell is a better slot than Beasley, Diggs could have a monster year...

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Houston are better than Jacksonville. I was the guy telling everyone here last offseason Houston was gonna be good. That roster is young and talented. People were sleeping on them. 

I don't think they are a Superbowl contender yet, but they are not a Jags like one season wonder type story. They are going to dominate the AFC South the next few years. 

You were also the guy telling everyone last year, Josh Allen was heading towards Ryan Tannehill territory.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, White Linen said:

C'mon Gunner.  You were agreeing with Beck Water on it.

When? 

I have no idea what you are talking about but I have searched for mentions of Tannehill by @Beck Water in the last year and found one where she talks about the Titans potentially looking for a trade partner for him if Levis looks good last camp. In terms of mentions of Tannehill by me over the past year there are two: 1) last summer when I was sceptical about the value of Hopkins signing for an ageing team who were being surpassed by younger teams in their division and 2) in the Live Day 1 Draft thread of 2024 where I likened McCarthy, Nix and Penix going so early to the early 2010s drafts where Ponder, Tannehill and Gabbert types went early. 

So you will need to provide some evidence of this claim. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, White Linen said:

You were also the guy telling everyone last year, Josh Allen was heading towards Ryan Tannehill territory.

Huh?  I don't remember that line of discussion from @GunnerBill at all

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

C'mon Gunner.  You were agreeing with Beck Water on it.

Wait, Wat?  Now you're claiming *I* was arguing that Josh Allen was "heading towards Ryan Tannehill territory"?

Show your receipts.  Does not sound like anything I've said, like, Ever. 

I'm not a big fan of comparing player A to player B generally, and in particular I can not conceptualize two QB it's less apt to compare.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Huh?  I don't remember that line of discussion from @GunnerBill at all

Wait, Wat?  Now you're claiming *I* was arguing that Josh Allen was "heading towards Ryan Tannehill territory"?

Show your receipts.  Does not sound like anything I've said, like, Ever. 

I'm not a big fan of comparing player A to player B generally, and in particular I can not conceptualize two QB it's less apt to compare.

Wow, I can't even believe you're denying it.  That's an even worse look.  I'm not sure how to search for that but I'm not spending the time, just to show both of you what you said.  I know you both remember.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Wow, I can't even believe you're denying it.  That's an even worse look.  I'm not sure how to search for that but I'm not spending the time, just to show both of you what you said.  I know you both remember.

It didn't happen. You are spouting nonsense. We've done the searches for you. Saved you the bother. You are making it up. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It didn't happen. You are spouting nonsense. We've done the searches for you. Saved you the bother. You are making it up. 

I know we've disagreed and challenged each other.  You're articulate and obviously spend a lot of time on developing your opinions.  I disagree sometimes or even often.  I just never pegged you as dishonest until now.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Not to defend trolling, but it was kinda clear to me from the jump that @White Linen was doing a dry bit to deflect (no smirk at the camera). Just not a serious accusation (the Allen x Tannehill comp) to levy at @GunnerBill, and then also @Beck Water. Out of character for me, or maybe a testament to the poking, I enjoyed how well the bit played out (for those who were potentially watching it in the know).